Scientific Proof of Nature's God

We know that Christianism is on the decline in the US.
That was prophesied long ago...in the Bible. "When I have made a rich and powerful nation of you, you will turn from me" (my paraphrase). God has pulled the plug and we're circling the drain. :omg:

Better find your water wings Hollie. ;)

That was prophesied long ago...in the Bible. "When I have made a rich and powerful nation of you, you will turn from me" (my paraphrase). God has pulled the plug and we're circling the drain. :omg:

Better find your water wings Hollie. ;)

You may have some grand vision of angry gods coming back for round two of a humanity destroying orgy but I'm not buying into it.

As to alleged biblical ''prophecies'', those vague, ambiguous creations of soothsayers suffer from the same lack of rational examination of the gods making thunder and lightning. As to having this need to play oneupsmanship with with bibles vs. carnival Gypsy reading their crystal ball, no thanks.

According to U.N. statistics, in the last three centuries, among 300 outstanding scientists in the world, 242 believe in God.

Over 86% of scientists surveyed found no inherent contradiction between science and religion.

(Ted R. Vaughan, Douglas H. Smith, Gideon Sjoberg, The Religious Orientations of American Physical Scientists, Social Forces. Jun., 1966, Vol. 44, Issue 4, p519-526, 8p. University of North Carolina Press. A more recent study of elite American scientists (professors at top research universities) found the majority seeing no conflict between science and religion. Ecklund and Park, Opt. Cit.)

“It seems to me that when confronted with the marvels of life and the universe, one must ask why and not just how. The only possible answers are religious. I find a need for God in the universe and in my own life.” – Arthur L. Schawlow, Professor of Physics, Stanford University, Nobel Laureate

“I believe I came from God and you believe you came from a monkey and you’ve convinced me you’re right.” – Dr. Ben Carson, neurosurgeon

“I believe in God because of a personal faith, a faith that is consistent with what I know about science.” – William Phillips

“Both religion and science need for their activities a belief in God, and moreover, God stands for the former in the beginning, and for the latter at the end of the whole thinking. For the former, God represents the basis, for the latter – the crown of any reasoning concerning the worldview.” – Max Planck

Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: Ye must have faith. It is a quality which the scientist cannot dispense with. — Max Planck

Wait ... 300 years ago it was the death sentence in Europe for not attending church ... this is fundamental to American (and Australian) history, non-Anglicans being shipped to the Colonies ...

Yeah ... 1722 is still in the heart of the Wars of Religion that was sweeping back and forth across Europe ... Issac Newton had to be an Anglican, or he would have been kicked out of the Royal Society ... and out of England and sent to New Zealand, or some other British shithole ...

100% of scientists worldwide refute parthenogenesis in humans ... especially it this produces a male child ... so if you could please explain Mat 1:18 in scientific terms, maybe we'll all understand you better ...

"The system of revealed truth which this Book [the Bible] contains is like that of the universe, concealed from common observation yet...the centuries have established its Divine origin." –Sir Isaac Newton

When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics. (Frank Tipler, The Physics of Immortality, Doubleday, New York, 1994, Preface)

I cannot believe that our existence in this universe is a mere quirk of fate, an accident of history, an incidental blip in the great cosmic drama… Through conscious beings the universe has generated self-awareness. This can be no trivial detail, no minor by-product of mindless, purposeless forces. We are truly meant to be here. (Paul Davies, The Mind of God, Simon & Schuster, New York, 1992, p 232)

Life forms are more than simply multiple and diverse, however. Organisms fit remarkably well into the external world in which they live. They have morphologies, physiologies and behaviors that appear to have been carefully and artfully designed to enable each organism to appropriate the world around it for its own life. It was the marvelous fit of organisms to the environment, much more than the great diversity of forms, that was the chief evidence of a Supreme Designer. (Richard Lewontin, Scientific American, September 1978, p. 213)

For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries. - (Robert Jastrow, God and the Astronomers, W.W. Norton, New York, 1978, p. 116)

''''The synthesis problem.jpg

"The system of revealed truth which this Book [the Bible] contains is like that of the universe, concealed from common observation yet...the centuries have established its Divine origin." –Sir Isaac Newton

When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics. (Frank Tipler, The Physics of Immortality, Doubleday, New York, 1994, Preface)

I cannot believe that our existence in this universe is a mere quirk of fate, an accident of history, an incidental blip in the great cosmic drama… Through conscious beings the universe has generated self-awareness. This can be no trivial detail, no minor by-product of mindless, purposeless forces. We are truly meant to be here. (Paul Davies, The Mind of God, Simon & Schuster, New York, 1992, p 232)

Life forms are more than simply multiple and diverse, however. Organisms fit remarkably well into the external world in which they live. They have morphologies, physiologies and behaviors that appear to have been carefully and artfully designed to enable each organism to appropriate the world around it for its own life. It was the marvelous fit of organisms to the environment, much more than the great diversity of forms, that was the chief evidence of a Supreme Designer. (Richard Lewontin, Scientific American, September 1978, p. 213)

For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries. - (Robert Jastrow, God and the Astronomers, W.W. Norton, New York, 1978, p. 116)

I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough – I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Richard Dawkins

You can’t say something is “real”, and then claim it exhibits none of the properties of any other real objects, and can’t ever be examined or analyzed empirically. That’s pretty much a good definition of “not real”.

- PZ Myers

I don’t know which is more dangerous, that religious beliefs force some people to choose between knowledge and myth or that pointing out how religion can purvey ignorance is taboo. To do so risks being branded as intolerant of religion.

- Lawrence M. Krauss

The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.

- Francis Crick, co-discoverer of the structure of DNA

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."

- Albert Einstein

Faith by definition can not be either proven or disproven. The Bible says that the fool hath said there is no God, but anyone who claims to know absolutely is just as much of a fool, imo.

I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough – I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Richard Dawkins

You can’t say something is “real”, and then claim it exhibits none of the properties of any other real objects, and can’t ever be examined or analyzed empirically. That’s pretty much a good definition of “not real”.

- PZ Myers

I don’t know which is more dangerous, that religious beliefs force some people to choose between knowledge and myth or that pointing out how religion can purvey ignorance is taboo. To do so risks being branded as intolerant of religion.

- Lawrence M. Krauss

The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.

- Francis Crick, co-discoverer of the structure of DNA

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."

- Albert Einstein
Yet, science backs up the Bible. DNA and its information code was created by God. It cannot just appear randomly. That should be proof of God as something complex can only be created by God.

Yet, science backs up the Bible. DNA and its information code was created by God. It cannot just appear randomly. That should be proof of God as something complex can only be created by God.
Where does science 'back up' your Flat Earth, 600 year year men piloting yachts?

Isaiah 40:22 ESV​

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;

A circle is not a shere.

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Did you know that the Greek philosopher and mathematician Eratosthenes measured the circumference of the planet long before there was any Bible?

The Greek philosopher Pythagoras was among the first to propose the sphericity of the Earth in the 6th century BC, (<---- before the invention of Christianity), using among his observations how the sail of a ship could be observed to disappear over the curvature of the Earth.

Plato also espoused a spherical Earth in the Phaedra, and his student Aristotle gave his reasoning in his book On the Heavens in 350 BC. His proof rested on the fact that the shadow of the Earth on the Moon during a lunar eclipse is round, His observations were so compelling that a spherical Earth was the central assumption of all subsequent philosophers of the Classical era. He also used the curved phases of the moon to argue that the Moon must also be a sphere like the Earth

Isaiah 40:22 ESV​

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;
Yes, the Bible told us correctly that the Earth was a sphere and this is what we discovered around the 3rd century by ancient Greeks.

A circle is not a shere.

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Did you know that the Greek philosopher and mathematician Eratosthenes measured the circumference of the planet long before there was any Bible?

The Greek philosopher Pythagoras was among the first to propose the sphericity of the Earth in the 6th century BC, (<---- before the invention of Christianity), using among his observations how the sail of a ship could be observed to disappear over the curvature of the Earth.

Plato also espoused a spherical Earth in the Phaedra, and his student Aristotle gave his reasoning in his book On the Heavens in 350 BC. His proof rested on the fact that the shadow of the Earth on the Moon during a lunar eclipse is round, His observations were so compelling that a spherical Earth was the central assumption of all subsequent philosophers of the Classical era. He also used the curved phases of the moon to argue that the Moon must also be a sphere like the Earth
Now, you're getting it. Have you become a Bible user instead of a Flat Earther?

Yes, the Bible told us correctly that the Earth was a sphere and this is what we discovered around the 3rd century by ancient Greeks.
None of the bibles use the term 'sphere'. Why are you rewriting the bibles?

Wait ... 300 years ago it was the death sentence in Europe for not attending church ... this is fundamental to American (and Australian) history, non-Anglicans being shipped to the Colonies ...

Yeah ... 1722 is still in the heart of the Wars of Religion that was sweeping back and forth across Europe ... Issac Newton had to be an Anglican, or he would have been kicked out of the Royal Society ... and out of England and sent to New Zealand, or some other British shithole ...

100% of scientists worldwide refute parthenogenesis in humans ... especially it this produces a male child ... so if you could please explain Mat 1:18 in scientific terms, maybe we'll all understand you better ...

1. Mankind has committed atrocities throughout history. You think 300 years ago was an exception? Why would you think such a thing? Nobody ever said that Anglicans or Catholics or Baptists or Jews were perfect. You pretend that because believers sin completely repudiates the Holy Bible. It does nothing of the sort.

2. The "Wars of Religion" is trivial compared with the wars of atheists, which murdered 135,000,000 human beings and counting. You conveniently ignore those and try to make excuses for your fellow atheists.

3. Matthew 1:18: "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."

For you to think that the Creator of science, matter, energy, correspondence, the universe, could not put Jesus Christ into Mary's womb is willfully ignorant.

No "scientific" explanation is sufficient nor even required to account for the actions of Nature's God. It is impossible to know how He fabricated the universe, and what He is like. We know nothing. One thing is certain. This universe did not make itself.

Now a question for you, who pretends to know so much about science.
Everything you have ever touched and will ever touch is electron clouds, the outer portion of all atoms and molecules.

Define for all reading this your understanding of what electrons are, what do they consist of? If you could stack up ten pounds of electrons and put them in a single bowl, how would they look and what consistency would they have? Tell everyone, please.
Do the same for protons and then neutrons. We would so much like to learn this from you.

Forum List

Back