Scientific Study of Religion

do you actually know anything about genetics? and ways of thinking evolve too. you're not living centuries ago

give it up
I dont use words I dont know the meaning of. Evidently you dont know what genetics is. Ways of thinking evolve but some ways are time tested and remain true no matter what. Blacks inhabited this earth for multiple millennium,and learned this easy to understand concept.

there is no race gene. Look it up

next
Who said there was a race gene?
your poor attempt at sophistry will get you nowhere. You have continually implied a racial gene applied to the color of one's skin. Blacks did not inhabit the Earth millennium ago. Human beings and their cousins did. People today do not look like our ancestors.

Though you may think portraying yourself as one or two generations removed from swinging in the tress makes you special -- it does, just not in the way your silly mind imagines it does.

go back to school
That seems to be your problem. You see implications where no one made any. Stop assuming and ask if you cant figure it out. Sorry but Black people inhabited the earth long before whites came about. Thats science. Look it up son.

If the white people can trace their roots to the ape-like ancestors who came out of Africa, what makes a poor ignorant black like you so special? Basically we all share the same genes

I dont use words I dont know the meaning of. Evidently you dont know what genetics is. Ways of thinking evolve but some ways are time tested and remain true no matter what. Blacks inhabited this earth for multiple millennium,and learned this easy to understand concept.

next
your poor attempt at sophistry will get you nowhere. You have continually implied a racial gene applied to the color of one's skin. Blacks did not inhabit the Earth millennium ago. Human beings and their cousins did. People today do not look like our ancestors.

Though you may think portraying yourself as one or two generations removed from swinging in the tress makes you special -- it does, just not in the way your silly mind imagines it does.

go back to school
That seems to be your problem. You see implications where no one made any. Stop assuming and ask if you cant figure it out. Sorry but Black people inhabited the earth long before whites came about. Thats science. Look it up son.

If the white people can trace their roots to the ape-like ancestors who came out of Africa, what makes a poor ignorant black like you so special? Basically we all share the same genes
White people cant trace their roots to an ape like ancestor without first going through Black people. Just because you look like an ape doesnt mean you evolved separately. Basically you are Africans that mated with Neaderthals and regressed during the ice age. It was only 7K years ago the gene for white skin showed up idiot.

next

go back to school

White people cant trace their roots to an ape like ancestor without first going through Black people. Just because you look like an ape doesnt mean you evolved separately. Basically you are Africans that mated with Neaderthals and regressed during the ice age. It was only 7K years ago the gene for white skin showed up idiot.

you're nuttier than a fruitcake. Dante's posts say we all evolved together. Neanderthals?

good bye

go back to school

you're nuttier than a fruitcake. Dante's posts say we all evolved together. Neanderthals?

good bye
You just spoke regarding yourself in the third person. You are a certifiable nut. I thought you knew that europeans have up to 4% Neanderthal DNA? In case you were curious here is the link to your late appearance.

European Gene for Light Skin Evolved Much Later Than Thought

"The analysis of the man, who lived in modern-day Spain only about 7,000 years ago, shows light-skin genes in Europeans evolved much more recently than previously thought."

go back to school

good bye
You just spoke regarding yourself in the third person. You are a certifiable nut. I thought you knew that europeans have up to 4% Neanderthal DNA? In case you were curious here is the link to your late appearance.

"The analysis of the man, who lived in modern-day Spain only about 7,000 years ago, shows light-skin genes in Europeans evolved much more recently than previously thought."
When something is "selected for," that means it provides some advantage and so gets passed down to offspring, becoming more prevalent in a population over time. does this mean the black skin color was not advantageous?

There is no RACE gene. Genetic traits for skin color get passed down because of -- gulp -- you don't want to go there. :lol:

nothing about Neanderthals you complete moron"

The findings, which were detailed today (Jan. 26) in the journal Nature, also hint that light skin evolved not to adjust to the lower-light conditions in Europe compared with Africa, but instead to the new diet that emerged after the agricultural revolution, said study co-author Carles Lalueza-Fox, a paleogenomics researcher at Pompeu Fabra University in Spain

You've bored Dante

say two hail marys and three our fathers

Scientific Study of Religion: "Can the same basic circuitry produce Mother Teresa and the Sept. 11 hijacker Mohamed Atta?" --- "If so, how? To approach even speculative answers to such questions, the researchers have to capture what goes on in the brain of a believer during a religious moment.'

... Who would protest this and why? Would it be only the haters -- the haters who truly believe they are different than their perceived enemies? Will it include others with agendas both hidden and unhidden?

"I think some people worry that we're biologizing the religious response … that that will demystify it or make it somehow less important," said Anderson, who was raised Mormon but left the church a decade ago.

There are plenty who would relish any data that support the idea that God is all in the mind. But Korenberg and Anderson aren't looking for how people come to believe in a supernatural being. They want to know what happens once they do believe.

Until now, Korenberg and Anderson have done what medical researchers do — studied abnormalities. She has spent 15 years investigating the neurochemical and genetic roots of Williams syndrome, an obscure brain abnormality somewhat like the inverse of autism; it causes people to become hypersocial but befuddled by simple objects. They have extreme emotional reactions to music, akin to religious ecstasy.

Is there a link where I can read the whole article? If the link is the read font, it's not working for me.

The findings, which were detailed today (Jan. 26) in the journal Nature, also hint that light skin evolved not to adjust to the lower-light conditions in Europe compared with Africa, but instead to the new diet that emerged after the agricultural revolution, said study co-author Carles Lalueza-Fox, a paleogenomics researcher at Pompeu Fabra University in Spain

You've bored Dante

Correction: You're boring, Dante. According to your "science," there is an exact duplicate of you somewhere out there. Isn't that a depressing thought?

You've bored Dante

Correction: You're boring, Dante. According to your "science," there is an exact duplicate of you somewhere out there. Isn't that a depressing thought?
yes, because he stole my legacy

good bye

When something is "selected for," that means it provides some advantage and so gets passed down to offspring, becoming more prevalent in a population over time. does this mean the black skin color was not advantageous?

There is no RACE gene. Genetic traits for skin color get passed down because of -- gulp -- you don't want to go there. :lol:
What are you babbling about now? You can be "selected for" extinction like the dodo bird you dimwit. Black skin color is always and advantage. The Blacker the better.

You keep babbling about a race gene. Who told you I thought there was a race gene?

I noticed that the word gene is being used by some posters where the word allele should have been used. Genes and alleles are not interchangeable. For example SLC24A5 gene is responsible for color but it is the mutation in its A111T allele which is responsible for appearance of light skin color that all of a sudden started to appear among Indo-Europeans.

This whole thing is a lot more complex than what I can sum up tonight for I am tired and going to bed. I have posted about it in past in detail. I will see if I can find that thread(s).

"Your people?" You mean "imbeciles in the asylum?"
No. "Imbeciles in the asylum" are your people. My people were the Ethiopians, Egyptians, Dogons, and the empires of West Africa.

you're people? what possible connections could you possibly have to them except maybe a water downed blood line ?

:rofl:
Genetics and way of thinking.

do you actually know anything about genetics? and ways of thinking evolve too. you're not living centuries ago

give it up

What does that even have to do with the article?

No. "Imbeciles in the asylum" are your people. My people were the Ethiopians, Egyptians, Dogons, and the empires of West Africa.

you're people? what possible connections could you possibly have to them except maybe a water downed blood line ?

give it up

Everything. Do you need a detailed explanation or can you follow the conversation?

give it up

Everything. Do you need a detailed explanation or can you follow the conversation?

Detail it, thank you.

give it up

Detail it, thank you.
Did did you actually read the OP?

"There are plenty who would relish any data that support the idea that God is all in the mind. But Korenberg and Anderson aren't looking for how people come to believe in a supernatural being. They want to know what happens once they do believe."

give it up

Detail it, thank you.

"There are plenty who would relish any data that support the idea that God is all in the mind. But Korenberg and Anderson aren't looking for how people come to believe in a supernatural being. They want to know what happens once they do believe."

Yes they are doing a study on returned mormon missonaries brains while in a prayer state and they are comparing results to those they have already studied from other faiths for example Jewish religion, etc.

They are trying to see if there are differences in the brain in religions and they are also trying to see if there is a genetic explanation for the differences of the brain during prayer or meditation states.

I am not sure how that had anything to do with blacks inhabiting the earth for multiple millennium.

How does that have anything o do with what the article said?

Detail it, thank you.

Yes they are doing a study on returned mormon missonaries brains while in a prayer state and they are comparing results to those they have already studied from other faiths for example Jewish religion, etc.

They are trying to see if there are differences in the brain in religions and they are also trying to see if there is a genetic explanation for the differences of the brain during prayer or meditation states.

I am not sure how that had anything to do with blacks inhabiting the earth for multiple millennium.

How does that have anything o do with what the article said?
That was in response to Dante. Black people have known about this for multiple millennium.

"you're people? what possible connections could you possibly have to them except maybe a water downed blood line ?"

Forum List

Back