Science Confirms Millenial Men Have Pansy Handshakes

"I've shaken a lot of Millenial hands tha wouldn't dent a Dixie cup."

Oh look, more "data", jeez, who fuggin' cares about your "handshaking" experiences with younger men. Like I always say, never let any media outlet tell you what a scientific study found and concluded - go read the primary research for yourself.

Here's the abstract:

Abstract
Study Design
Cross-sectional research design.

Introduction
Clinical practice continues to use normative data for grip and pinch measurements that were established in 1985. There is no updated norms despite different hand usage patterns in today's society.

Purpose of the Study
Measuring and comparing grip and pinch strengths with normative data is a valid method to determine hand function. This research was implemented to compare the grip and pinch measurements obtained from healthy millennials to the established norms and to describe hand usage patterns for millennials.

Methods
Grip and lateral pinch measurements were obtained from a sample of 237 healthy millennials (ages 20-34 years).

Results
Strength scores were statistically lower that older normative data in all millennial grip strengths, with the exception of the women in the age group of 30-34 years. Specifically, this statistically significant trend was observed in all male grip strengths, as well as in women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). However, the lateral pinch data reflected was similar to the older norms with variances of 0.5-1 kg.

Conclusion
Current data reflect statistically significant differences from the norms for all male grip measurements, as well as for women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). No statistical significance was observed in the independent-sample t tests for the lateral pinch in men of all age groups. Statistical significance was noted for lateral pinch for female age groups for the left hand (20-24 years) and for bilateral lateral pinches (30-34 years).

Level of evidence
IV.

The "conclusions" put forth in your link by The Federalist, and lemmingly pushed out here by you, have nothing to do with the scientists/study authors - as per usual. Furthermore, they have nothing to do with a fuggin' magical handshake. But as long as your small mind and biases were confirmed, what's a little dishonesty.

It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers looking no further than the abstract - without even going to the entire paper – that the conclusions here reach by your rag and you, have nothing at all to do with the conclusions reached by the researchers themselves.

But that’s what hate and partisahshit do to you.
No abla Englese?

Conclusion
Current data reflect statistically significant differences from the norms for all male grip measurements, as well as for women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip).

Not a word about a handshake is there love, Jesus what another typical reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach, even for the likes of your dumbfuck ass.

You shoot science down all day long, until you thing you can misrepresent it.

Go grip yourself, this is bogus as hell and indicates nothing at all related to your outlandish stupid irrelevant charge. And stop grabbing young males for "comparisson" studies of your own.
I made my fortune in medical devices and aerospace.
What's your link to science? Star Trek?
Yet you deny science so often.

Oh look, more "data", jeez, who fuggin' cares about your "handshaking" experiences with younger men. Like I always say, never let any media outlet tell you what a scientific study found and concluded - go read the primary research for yourself.

Here's the abstract:

Abstract
Study Design

Introduction
Clinical practice continues to use normative data for grip and pinch measurements that were established in 1985. There is no updated norms despite different hand usage patterns in today's society.

Purpose of the Study
Measuring and comparing grip and pinch strengths with normative data is a valid method to determine hand function. This research was implemented to compare the grip and pinch measurements obtained from healthy millennials to the established norms and to describe hand usage patterns for millennials.

Methods
Grip and lateral pinch measurements were obtained from a sample of 237 healthy millennials (ages 20-34 years).

Results
Strength scores were statistically lower that older normative data in all millennial grip strengths, with the exception of the women in the age group of 30-34 years. Specifically, this statistically significant trend was observed in all male grip strengths, as well as in women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). However, the lateral pinch data reflected was similar to the older norms with variances of 0.5-1 kg.

Conclusion
Current data reflect statistically significant differences from the norms for all male grip measurements, as well as for women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). No statistical significance was observed in the independent-sample t tests for the lateral pinch in men of all age groups. Statistical significance was noted for lateral pinch for female age groups for the left hand (20-24 years) and for bilateral lateral pinches (30-34 years).

Level of evidence
IV.

The "conclusions" put forth in your link by The Federalist, and lemmingly pushed out here by you, have nothing to do with the scientists/study authors - as per usual. Furthermore, they have nothing to do with a fuggin' magical handshake. But as long as your small mind and biases were confirmed, what's a little dishonesty.

It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers looking no further than the abstract - without even going to the entire paper – that the conclusions here reach by your rag and you, have nothing at all to do with the conclusions reached by the researchers themselves.

No abla Englese?

Conclusion
Current data reflect statistically significant differences from the norms for all male grip measurements, as well as for women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip).

Not a word about a handshake is there love, Jesus what another typical reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach, even for the likes of your dumbfuck ass.

Go grip yourself, this is bogus as hell and indicates nothing at all related to your outlandish stupid irrelevant charge. And stop grabbing young males for "comparisson" studies of your own.
What you anti scientific lefties toss out should get rejected by 3rd graders.

This thread reminds me of the dead guy handshake.

You put some ice and salt in your hand and it gets really cold,wet and clammy. Then you shake someone's hand with a very limp grip.

It grosses them out.

The zombie handshake.

I could easily round up some millennial guys that would make the adult diaper wearing baby boomers who think they are still tough shit their pants and call the cops.

I used to laugh at people in the gym when I was younger. All these guys with their cute little gloves on

And the locker rooms. Shit the last time and I do mean the very last time I was even in a gym I showered and wanted to grab a quick shave and every single sink was occupied by "men" blow drying their hair

I loudly said "Sorry ladies I thought this was the men's locker room" and walked out

I work out at home now where I don't have to wipe the sweat off the bench

Boomers are the acid soaked hippie dumb ass generation that has brain damage from all the drugs, and probably chronic syphilis from all the free love that still thinks they are going to run things after they fucked everything up. It's adorable.

Boomers are the acid soaked hippie dumb ass generation that has brain damage from all the drugs, and probably chronic syphilis from all the free love that still thinks they are going to run things. It's adorable.

There's a whole generation you missed

The Gen Xers.

It reminds me of the old argument strong vs tough

There can be no doubt that toughness is not as important these days.

Some guy who lifts weight in an air conditioned gym while wearing gloves so he doesn't get callouses who thinks he's a tough guy just makes me laugh

Boomers are the acid soaked hippie dumb ass generation that has brain damage from all the drugs, and probably chronic syphilis from all the free love that still thinks they are going to run things. It's adorable.

The Gen Xers.

Some guy who lifts weight in an air conditioned gym while wearing gloves so he doesn't get callouses who thinks he's a tough guy just makes me laugh

Don't forget to wear your depends while you are in the gym.

The Gen Xers.

You can't read can you.

I don't go to the gm anymore because it's filled with glove wearing blow drying hair gelling pansies

I work out in the real world

The Gen Xers.

You can't read can you.

I don't go to the gm anymore because it's filled with glove wearing blow drying hair gelling pansies

Sure sure, you are afraid your depends will leak.

The Gen Xers.

You can't read can you.

How old do you think I am?

The Gen Xers.

You can't read can you.

60's

The Gen Xers.

You can't read can you.

60's

nope
I'm in my 40's

I stopped going to gyms before I was 30.
There's no need to waste money on gym memberships

You already have all the equipment you'll ever need to get into great shape

You can't read can you.

60's

nope
I'm in my 40's

I stopped going to gyms before I was 30.
There's no need to waste money on gym memberships

You already have all the equipment you'll ever need to get into great shape

You are right, pushups and situps are free. And when you aren't an athlete anymore no reason for it.

Here's the abstract:

Abstract
Study Design

Introduction

Purpose of the Study

Methods

Results

Conclusion

Level of evidence
IV.

No abla Englese?

Conclusion

What you anti scientific lefties toss out should get rejected by 3rd graders.

The 3rd grade level is where you should stay, you'll be much more comfortable there.

You put some ice and salt in your hand and it gets really cold,wet and clammy. Then you shake someone's hand with a very limp grip.

It grosses them out.

The zombie handshake.

Yeah, we know what you shake and why this grip biz is of such import to your circle.

Men losing hand strength has nothing to do with masculinity. It has to do with the fact we've moved from an industrial work force to technological.

It grosses them out.

The zombie handshake.

Yeah, we know what you shake and why this grip biz is of such import to your circle.
A very strong grip is very important to cement masons. All of us have strong grips. It's a job requirement.

Men losing hand strength has nothing to do with masculinity. It has to do with the fact we've moved from an industrial work force to technological.
It has to do with humanity moving toward the androgynous.

Forum List

Back