Science Confirms Millenial Men Have Pansy Handshakes

"I've shaken a lot of Millenial hands tha wouldn't dent a Dixie cup."

Oh look, more "data", jeez, who fuggin' cares about your "handshaking" experiences with younger men. Like I always say, never let any media outlet tell you what a scientific study found and concluded - go read the primary research for yourself.

Here's the abstract:

Abstract
Study Design
Cross-sectional research design.

Introduction
Clinical practice continues to use normative data for grip and pinch measurements that were established in 1985. There is no updated norms despite different hand usage patterns in today's society.

Purpose of the Study
Measuring and comparing grip and pinch strengths with normative data is a valid method to determine hand function. This research was implemented to compare the grip and pinch measurements obtained from healthy millennials to the established norms and to describe hand usage patterns for millennials.

Methods
Grip and lateral pinch measurements were obtained from a sample of 237 healthy millennials (ages 20-34 years).

Results
Strength scores were statistically lower that older normative data in all millennial grip strengths, with the exception of the women in the age group of 30-34 years. Specifically, this statistically significant trend was observed in all male grip strengths, as well as in women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). However, the lateral pinch data reflected was similar to the older norms with variances of 0.5-1 kg.

Conclusion
Current data reflect statistically significant differences from the norms for all male grip measurements, as well as for women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). No statistical significance was observed in the independent-sample t tests for the lateral pinch in men of all age groups. Statistical significance was noted for lateral pinch for female age groups for the left hand (20-24 years) and for bilateral lateral pinches (30-34 years).

Level of evidence
IV.

The "conclusions" put forth in your link by The Federalist, and lemmingly pushed out here by you, have nothing to do with the scientists/study authors - as per usual. Furthermore, they have nothing to do with a fuggin' magical handshake. But as long as your small mind and biases were confirmed, what's a little dishonesty.

It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers looking no further than the abstract - without even going to the entire paper – that the conclusions here reach by your rag and you, have nothing at all to do with the conclusions reached by the researchers themselves.

But that’s what hate and partisahshit do to you.
No abla Englese?

Conclusion
Current data reflect statistically significant differences from the norms for all male grip measurements, as well as for women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip).

Not a word about a handshake is there love, Jesus what another typical reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach, even for the likes of your dumbfuck ass.

You shoot science down all day long, until you thing you can misrepresent it.

Go grip yourself, this is bogus as hell and indicates nothing at all related to your outlandish stupid irrelevant charge. And stop grabbing young males for "comparisson" studies of your own.
I made my fortune in medical devices and aerospace.
What's your link to science? Star Trek?

Another bogus bullshit outlandish claim with no supporting evidence, as per usual.

View attachment 87214

In a new study, researchers measured the grip and pinch strength of more than 200 male college students between 20 to 34 years old throughout North Carolina and found the modern man has much weaker hands than his father did 30 years ago.

In 1985, the average male could squeeze with 117 pounds of force. Today men squeeze with an average of 98 pounds of force — which is roughly equivalent to the average among women in their early 30s, according to a newly published study in the Journal of Hand Therapy.

“In 1985, the typical 30-to-34-year-old man could squeeze your hand with 31 pounds more force than the typical woman of that age could,” Christopher Ingram writes in The Washington Post. “But today, older millennial men and women are roughly equal when it comes to grip strength.”

Science Confirms: Millennial Men Have Weak Handshakes
Well, you are probably a paper pusher, judging from your posts, and twenty to forty years younger than I am. And my hand strength is probably double yours. Something about doing a job that requires a good deal of hand strength for 50 years. In my generation most boys came of age bucking hay bales and doing all the wrenching on their own vehicles. Today, machinery picks up the bales, which weigh several hundred pounds each. And, unless you are a computer whiz, you do very little work on your own vehicle.
I feel so emasculated! I'll file your protest now that I've finished this morning taking care of my horses and clearing some brush on my ranch here in Gods country (titled by Billy Graham who lived down the road) that I've happily retired on in my 50's. Tomorrow I'm off to Montana for some hunting with friends.
Did you know there are 5 ways to kill with a #2 pencil? Learned that in the Marines.
Thanks for the feedback,
Weatherman, pencil pusher extraordinaire.
Do you know that you can claim anything you please on the internet? My goodness. I could claim to be Special Forces or anything else, and neither you nor anyone else cannot prove I am not as long as you do not know my identity.

As for your other claims, you have shown a marked ignorance of basic science on the environmental threads, so I really doubt that you education is that complete.
You sure can claim anything.
You can also play Mr Toughguy behind your keyboard and make up things about others too.

And yeah, I am clueless about science. That's how I was able to retire early - witchcraft.

View attachment 87214

In a new study, researchers measured the grip and pinch strength of more than 200 male college students between 20 to 34 years old throughout North Carolina and found the modern man has much weaker hands than his father did 30 years ago.

In 1985, the average male could squeeze with 117 pounds of force. Today men squeeze with an average of 98 pounds of force — which is roughly equivalent to the average among women in their early 30s, according to a newly published study in the Journal of Hand Therapy.

“In 1985, the typical 30-to-34-year-old man could squeeze your hand with 31 pounds more force than the typical woman of that age could,” Christopher Ingram writes in The Washington Post. “But today, older millennial men and women are roughly equal when it comes to grip strength.”

Well, you are probably a paper pusher, judging from your posts, and twenty to forty years younger than I am. And my hand strength is probably double yours. Something about doing a job that requires a good deal of hand strength for 50 years. In my generation most boys came of age bucking hay bales and doing all the wrenching on their own vehicles. Today, machinery picks up the bales, which weigh several hundred pounds each. And, unless you are a computer whiz, you do very little work on your own vehicle.
I feel so emasculated! I'll file your protest now that I've finished this morning taking care of my horses and clearing some brush on my ranch here in Gods country (titled by Billy Graham who lived down the road) that I've happily retired on in my 50's. Tomorrow I'm off to Montana for some hunting with friends.
Did you know there are 5 ways to kill with a #2 pencil? Learned that in the Marines.
Thanks for the feedback,

You emasculated yourself publicly long ago.

View attachment 87214

Thanks for the feedback,
Do you know that you can claim anything you please on the internet? My goodness. I could claim to be Special Forces or anything else, and neither you nor anyone else cannot prove I am not as long as you do not know my identity.

As for your other claims, you have shown a marked ignorance of basic science on the environmental threads, so I really doubt that you education is that complete.
You can also play Mr Toughguy behind your keyboard and make up things about others too.

Finally, a topic you have some degree of experience with.

Technology is making more and more manual labor obsolete.
I've shaken a lot of Millenial hands tha wouldn't dent a Dixie cup.

The point is that today's men aren't required to labor nearly as hard as the past generations of men have and I would gather that is the primary reason for this. That aside, every time I go to the gym it's packed with guys my age and younger than me lifting and working out so if you're concerned about masculinity in this country evaporating I think you can chill.
It isn't about strength. It's about character.

Strong men don't put all their strength into their handshakes, unless they're idiots. And weak men can and do have firm handshakes.

The fact that the milennias do a piss poor job of shaking hands isn't because they're physically weak. It's because they're mentally weak.

View attachment 87214

Thanks for the feedback,

Your come backs are 3rd grade level. I suggest you study more.

The fact that the milennias do a piss poor job of shaking hands isn't because they're physically weak. It's because they're mentally weak.

Looks who's talking.
I have a good handshake, as do all my children. Because I was taught how to shake hands properly, and I taught all my children how to shake hands properly.

I don't blindly trust the state to teach kids everything they need to know about everything. Neither did my parents, or theirs.

Millenials' are second generation of kids turned over to the feds to indoctrinate. They have huge gaps in their understanding of the world and humanity. They have no sense of history, no character, and they can't shake hands worth shit.

Thanks for the feedback,

Your entire thread is on that level, so yeah, that's all ya get.

Thanks for the feedback,

Your entire thread is on that level, so yeah, that's all ya get.
By your own definition then you spend your time on third grade level topics.

Keep digging, this is fun. :dig:

Looks who's talking.
I have a good handshake, as do all my children. Because I was taught how to shake hands properly, and I taught all my children how to shake hands properly.

I don't blindly trust the state to teach kids everything they need to know about everything. Neither did my parents, or theirs.

Millenials' are second generation of kids turned over to the feds to indoctrinate. They have huge gaps in their understanding of the world and humanity. They have no sense of history, no character, and they can't shake hands worth shit.

The whole country is going to Hell because of handshakes! Who knew it would be our downfall! Head for the hills!! It's red dawn!

Looks who's talking.

The whole country is going to Hell because of handshakes! Who knew it would be our downfall! Head for the hills!!

See, that's proof of the crappy education that kids whose parents never vary from the statist script enjoy.

No, I didn't say that handshakes cause anything, you retard. I said that handshakes are evidence of the crappy rearing of two generations of emasculated, statist drones. Like you.

Looks who's talking.

The whole country is going to Hell because of handshakes! Who knew it would be our downfall! Head for the hills!! It's red dawn!
You need to crawl back to your safe zone.

See, that's proof of the crappy education that kids whose parents never vary from the statist script enjoy.

No, I didn't say that handshakes cause anything, you retard. I said that handshakes are evidence of the crappy rearing of two generations of emasculated, statist drones. Like you.

:laugh2: I've been a martial artist since I was 8 years old, hardly emasculated. I just don't freak out about stupid, meaningless shit like you people.

View attachment 87214

It's interesting that people don't even know how to properly shake a hand. The "firm" handshake is not caused by squeezing each others hands. The dominant person is the one with the hand on top of the handshake. The firmness comes from both participants attempting to be on top. Hold and twist, don't squeeze.

This thread just reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill when Hank finds out George W. Bush has a weak handshake, and begins to question whether or not he can vote for him. :lol:

limp-handshake-o.gif

:laugh2: I've been a martial artist since I was 8 years old, hardly emasculated. I just don't freak out about stupid, meaningless shit like you people.
There are female and ennuchified martial artists, silly.

There are female and ennuchified martial artists, silly.

I don't think ennuchified is a word.

Forum List

Back