Science Confirms Millenial Men Have Pansy Handshakes

Millennials are such Pansy's. Sitting in Mommys basement where they live while getting ready for another year of college in their 30's with no ambition to do anything more than get high.

This thread reminds me of the dead guy handshake.

You put some ice and salt in your hand and it gets really cold,wet and clammy. Then you shake someone's hand with a very limp grip.

It grosses them out.

The zombie handshake.

Yeah, we know what you shake and why this grip biz is of such import to your circle.
A very strong grip is very important to cement masons. All of us have strong grips. It's a job requirement.

Good for you cement masons. Butchers require sharp knives I hear.

It's why Millennial males like transgender bathrooms and showers. Pansy's.

Nah, it just means some of them aren't cement masons, andit means nothing more at all.
This is the first generation of adults in human history that has created safe zones from having to hear alternative ideas.
Millennials are Pansy's.

You put some ice and salt in your hand and it gets really cold,wet and clammy. Then you shake someone's hand with a very limp grip.

It grosses them out.

The zombie handshake.

Yeah, we know what you shake and why this grip biz is of such import to your circle.
A very strong grip is very important to cement masons. All of us have strong grips. It's a job requirement.

And us masons require sharp trowels and minds.

It grosses them out.

The zombie handshake.

And we require sharp trowels.

Still, your hand/grip strength study is much ado about nothing and your conclusions irrelevant.

It grosses them out.

The zombie handshake.

Still, your hand/grip strength study is much ado about nothing and your conclusions irrelevant.
It's common sense, jackass.

Nah, it's called agenda and seeing what you're already programmed to see. From another “exceptional American” patriotic “conservative” who loves his country but hates and incessantly whines about most of the folks he shares his country with. Now an entire age cohort are “pansies”. There’s no end to the list of fellow Americans you whine and caterwaul about. I-love-america-I-just-can’t-stand-my-fellow-citizens bullshit insanity.

May be common in your circle, but no, it is nonsense.

Nah, it's called agenda and seeing what you're already programmed to see. From another “exceptional American” patriotic “conservative” who loves his country but hates and incessantly whines about most of the folks he shares his country with. Now an entire age cohort are “pansies”. There’s no end to the list of fellow Americans you whine and caterwaul about. I-love-america-I-just-can’t-stand-my-fellow-citizens bullshit insanity.

May be common in your circle, but no, it is nonsense.
What a jerky reaction.

I merely mention that us cement masons have very strong grips and you get your panties all in a bunch up your ass and start making conspiracy theories.

No there is no "agenda" about it, jackass.

View attachment 87214

In a new study, researchers measured the grip and pinch strength of more than 200 male college students between 20 to 34 years old throughout North Carolina and found the modern man has much weaker hands than his father did 30 years ago.

In 1985, the average male could squeeze with 117 pounds of force. Today men squeeze with an average of 98 pounds of force — which is roughly equivalent to the average among women in their early 30s, according to a newly published study in the Journal of Hand Therapy.

“In 1985, the typical 30-to-34-year-old man could squeeze your hand with 31 pounds more force than the typical woman of that age could,” Christopher Ingram writes in The Washington Post. “But today, older millennial men and women are roughly equal when it comes to grip strength.”

Science Confirms: Millennial Men Have Weak Handshakes
Well, you are probably a paper pusher, judging from your posts, and twenty to forty years younger than I am. And my hand strength is probably double yours. Something about doing a job that requires a good deal of hand strength for 50 years. In my generation most boys came of age bucking hay bales and doing all the wrenching on their own vehicles. Today, machinery picks up the bales, which weigh several hundred pounds each. And, unless you are a computer whiz, you do very little work on your own vehicle.

"I've shaken a lot of Millenial hands tha wouldn't dent a Dixie cup."

Oh look, more "data", jeez, who fuggin' cares about your "handshaking" experiences with younger men. Like I always say, never let any media outlet tell you what a scientific study found and concluded - go read the primary research for yourself.

Here's the abstract:

Abstract
Study Design
Cross-sectional research design.

Introduction
Clinical practice continues to use normative data for grip and pinch measurements that were established in 1985. There is no updated norms despite different hand usage patterns in today's society.

Purpose of the Study
Measuring and comparing grip and pinch strengths with normative data is a valid method to determine hand function. This research was implemented to compare the grip and pinch measurements obtained from healthy millennials to the established norms and to describe hand usage patterns for millennials.

Methods
Grip and lateral pinch measurements were obtained from a sample of 237 healthy millennials (ages 20-34 years).

Results
Strength scores were statistically lower that older normative data in all millennial grip strengths, with the exception of the women in the age group of 30-34 years. Specifically, this statistically significant trend was observed in all male grip strengths, as well as in women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). However, the lateral pinch data reflected was similar to the older norms with variances of 0.5-1 kg.

Conclusion
Current data reflect statistically significant differences from the norms for all male grip measurements, as well as for women in the age group of 20-24 years (bilateral grip) and 25-29 years (right grip). No statistical significance was observed in the independent-sample t tests for the lateral pinch in men of all age groups. Statistical significance was noted for lateral pinch for female age groups for the left hand (20-24 years) and for bilateral lateral pinches (30-34 years).

Level of evidence
IV.

The "conclusions" put forth in your link by The Federalist, and lemmingly pushed out here by you, have nothing to do with the scientists/study authors - as per usual. Furthermore, they have nothing to do with a fuggin' magical handshake. But as long as your small mind and biases were confirmed, what's a little dishonesty.

It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual of observers looking no further than the abstract - without even going to the entire paper – that the conclusions here reach by your rag and you, have nothing at all to do with the conclusions reached by the researchers themselves.

But that’s what hate and partisahshit do to you.
Nah, the real measure is the number of foot pounds his sphincter can clinch.
Well now, that is apparently quite important to you, not at all important to the rest of us.

Boomers are the acid soaked hippie dumb ass generation that has brain damage from all the drugs, and probably chronic syphilis from all the free love that still thinks they are going to run things. It's adorable.

There's a whole generation you missed

The Gen Xers.

It reminds me of the old argument strong vs tough

There can be no doubt that toughness is not as important these days.

Some guy who lifts weight in an air conditioned gym while wearing gloves so he doesn't get callouses who thinks he's a tough guy just makes me laugh
The guys that have to lift weights to stay in shape make me laugh. After all, on my job I am constantly lifting weights. So I guess I regard you in the same light as you regard them. LOL

Boomers are the acid soaked hippie dumb ass generation that has brain damage from all the drugs, and probably chronic syphilis from all the free love that still thinks they are going to run things. It's adorable.

There's a whole generation you missed

The Gen Xers.

It reminds me of the old argument strong vs tough

There can be no doubt that toughness is not as important these days.

Some guy who lifts weight in an air conditioned gym while wearing gloves so he doesn't get callouses who thinks he's a tough guy just makes me laugh
The guys that have to lift weights to stay in shape make me laugh. After all, on my job I am constantly lifting weights. So I guess I regard you in the same light as you regard them. LOL

I don't lift weights to stay in shape.
I do everything with bodyweight exercises

View attachment 87214

In a new study, researchers measured the grip and pinch strength of more than 200 male college students between 20 to 34 years old throughout North Carolina and found the modern man has much weaker hands than his father did 30 years ago.

In 1985, the average male could squeeze with 117 pounds of force. Today men squeeze with an average of 98 pounds of force — which is roughly equivalent to the average among women in their early 30s, according to a newly published study in the Journal of Hand Therapy.

“In 1985, the typical 30-to-34-year-old man could squeeze your hand with 31 pounds more force than the typical woman of that age could,” Christopher Ingram writes in The Washington Post. “But today, older millennial men and women are roughly equal when it comes to grip strength.”

Well, you are probably a paper pusher, judging from your posts, and twenty to forty years younger than I am. And my hand strength is probably double yours. Something about doing a job that requires a good deal of hand strength for 50 years. In my generation most boys came of age bucking hay bales and doing all the wrenching on their own vehicles. Today, machinery picks up the bales, which weigh several hundred pounds each. And, unless you are a computer whiz, you do very little work on your own vehicle.
I feel so emasculated! I'll file your protest now that I've finished this morning taking care of my horses and clearing some brush on my ranch here in Gods country (titled by Billy Graham who lived down the road) that I've happily retired on in my 50's. Tomorrow I'm off to Montana for some hunting with friends.
Did you know there are 5 ways to kill with a #2 pencil? Learned that in the Marines.
Thanks for the feedback,
Weatherman, pencil pusher extraordinaire.

View attachment 87214

I feel so emasculated! I'll file your protest now that I've finished this morning taking care of my horses and clearing some brush on my ranch here in Gods country (titled by Billy Graham who lived down the road) that I've happily retired on in my 50's. Tomorrow I'm off to Montana for some hunting with friends.
Did you know there are 5 ways to kill with a #2 pencil? Learned that in the Marines.
Thanks for the feedback,
Weatherman, pencil pusher extraordinaire.
Do you know that you can claim anything you please on the internet? My goodness. I could claim to be Special Forces or anything else, and neither you nor anyone else cannot prove I am not as long as you do not know my identity.

As for your other claims, you have shown a marked ignorance of basic science on the environmental threads, so I really doubt that you education is that complete.

Forum List

Back