Schools Negligent In Teaching Criminal Law

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
In Spring Hill, Florida, 2 brothers age 9 and 10, have been arrested by cops for threatening them, one with a deadly weapon (box cutter knife). Sure, the kids are young, and not as accountable as their adult counterparts. They do pose a threat though, and the public must be protected.

Secondly, someone must be accountable. That would be the parents (or guardians) of the kids and THE TEACHERS (and their schools). Remember our school classes ? All that reading, writing , & arithmetic ? All the geography and history. English grammar ? It was all there. What probably wasn't there, in your school and mine, was CRIMINAL LAW.

OK teachers. tell us when the last time was that you taught your 4th and 5th graders about weapons laws. How about simple possession of stolen property ? Or simple assault, battery, aggravated battery, or obstruction of justice ?

How many more Trayvon Martins, Michael Browns, and kids like these 2 in Spring Hill, will we have before schools start teaching kids what they NEED to know.

They also are deficient in teaching kids how to interact with police - especially to ALWAYS keep their hands VISIBLE. Another example of clueless liberal "educators", when it comes to law enforcement.

Teachers also don't teach people how to wipe their asses...should they be held accountable if somebody gets crap on their hands too?

They don't teach you how to cross safely at a cross walk, if you get hit by a car is it a teacher's fault?

I swear some people are just incapable of accepting personal responsibility (because it's uncomfortable).

Teachers also don't teach people how to wipe their asses...should they be held accountable if somebody gets crap on their hands too?

They don't teach you how to cross safely at a cross walk, if you get hit by a car is it a teacher's fault?

I swear some people are just incapable of accepting personal responsibility (because it's uncomfortable).
I got taught how to safely cross at a crosswalk in the 1st grade, and so did every kid in my school. If kids in your school didn't, then that another thing the schools are screwing up on.

You can try to cop out of responsibility if you wish, but the schools are still responsible to educate kids on how to stay alive when in confrontation with police (or anyone with a gun). To suggest otherwise, is just plain stupid.

I got taught how to safely cross at a crosswalk in the 1st grade, and so did every kid in my school. If kids in your school didn't, then that another thing the schools are screwing up on.

You can try to cop out of responsibility if you wish, but the schools are still responsible to educate kids on how to stay alive when in confrontation with police (or anyone with a gun). To suggest otherwise, is just plain stupid.

If it's not in the curriculum, it's not the teacher's job to teach that to them (whether that's right or wrong). If you want to blame somebody, blame the districts that implement the curriculum...and then blame the voters for voting the people on the school boards that do such.

Teachers don't choose what to teach, we teach what we're told to teach. If we start teaching things that aren't in the curriculum and/or standards--we can lose our jobs (and rightfully so). I don't even necessarily disagree that schools should teach how to behave appropriately in different situations...but it's ridiculous to blame the teachers because you want them to not do their jobs.

If it's not in the curriculum, it's not the teacher's job to teach that to them (whether that's right or wrong). If you want to blame somebody, blame the districts that implement the curriculum...and then blame the voters for voting the people on the school boards that do such.

Teachers don't choose what to teach, we teach what we're told to teach. If we start teaching things that aren't in the curriculum and/or standards--we can lose our jobs (and rightfully so). I don't even necessarily disagree that schools should teach how to behave appropriately in different situations...but it's ridiculous to blame the teachers because you want them to not do their jobs.
Maybe you didn't notice the TITLE of this thread >>

Schools Negligent In Teaching Criminal Law

I sure hope this isn't the way you talk in your classroom. Since toilet practices are only brought up by complete idiots and kids younger that 7, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're that young. So you can consult with your mommy or daddy on that.

As for this thread, it pertains to things that schools don't teach, that could get you killed. Get it ?

In Spring Hill, Florida, 2 brothers age 9 and 10, have been arrested by cops for threatening them, one with a deadly weapon (box cutter knife). Sure, the kids are young, and not as accountable as their adult counterparts. They do pose a threat though, and the public must be protected.

Secondly, someone must be accountable. That would be the parents (or guardians) of the kids and THE TEACHERS (and their schools). Remember our school classes ? All that reading, writing , & arithmetic ? All the geography and history. English grammar ? It was all there. What probably wasn't there, in your school and mine, was CRIMINAL LAW.

OK teachers. tell us when the last time was that you taught your 4th and 5th graders about weapons laws. How about simple possession of stolen property ? Or simple assault, battery, aggravated battery, or obstruction of justice ?

How many more Trayvon Martins, Michael Browns, and kids like these 2 in Spring Hill, will we have before schools start teaching kids what they NEED to know.

I have a better idea -- people like you should have to learn civics

Forum List

Back