School drops the Pledge of Allegiance

yes, they ARE forced to observe when HAVING TO PAIR PATRIOTISM WITH CHRISTIANITY. I know I konw.. they can just block out the memory and there is no harm, no foul

:cuckoo:

You haven't shot your first load in this thread, dude. Again, the bill of rights is PLAINLY WRITTEN. If you want to think that it is "hindering" christians to not use a federal oath then so be it. Imean, we can't ALL have your wife's work examples to pull insight from.

:eek:

Does anyone sit down and say, ok, in order to be a patriot you have to say god? NOPE. IT doesn't matter if those two little words are in there or not, the majority of Americans will continue to say "under God" even if it's taken out. Someone is going to say a different version. So either one will have to get over it.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

After the service concluded, Docherty had opportunity to converse with Eisenhower about the substance of the sermon. The President expressed his enthusiastic concurrence with Docherty’s view, and the very next day, Eisenhower had the wheels turning in Congress to incorporate Docherty’s suggestion into law. On February 8, 1954, Rep. Charles Oakman (R-Mich.), introduced a bill to that effect. On Lincoln’s birthday, four days later, Oakman made the following speech on the floor of the House:

Last Sunday, the President of the United States and his family occupied the pew where Abraham Lincoln worshipped. The pastor, the Reverend George M. Docherty, suggested the change in our Pledge of Allegiance that I have offered [as a bill]. Dr. Docherty delivered a wise sermon. He said that as a native of Scotland come to these shores he could appreciate the pledge as something more than a hollow verse taught to children for memory. I would like to quote from his words. He said, 'there was something missing in the pledge, and that which was missing was the characteristic and definitive factor in the American way of life.' Mr. Speaker, I think Mr. Docherty hit the nail square on the head.

Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you are as wrong as the day is long, dude. I hate to scare you away with historic facts when, you know, your wife's work gossip is just like channeling Thomas Jefferson's ghost.

Last I checked, the pledge of allegance isn't a LAW...:eusa_whistle: Would you like some aloe vera for that burn....?

Is it that hard to believe that not everybody in America LOVES IT? ADORES IT? WANTS TO MAKE A PLEDGE TO IT? And you might say, well leave! Where are people going to go? This is the land of the free, so why force people to salute or say a pledge to a flag?

I sometimes sit down during the national anthem if I don't feel like participating, i.e. at a baseball game.

On a side note, the "N" word bothers me. I want to say more but I am refraining! :eusa_silenced:

Because if people dont say it they wont have anything to bind them to it...This country is FREE because of people willing to DEFEND it by pledging their ALLEGIANCE to it.

If you dont love this country then go to another country that you do love...Why take up others breathing space with all your negativity?

It is a pretty simple concept this Pledge of Allegiance..It called common courtesy towards this great nation...

Last edited:
Because if people dont say it they wont have anything to bind them to it...This country is FREE because of people willing to DEFEND it by pledging their ALLEGIANCE to it.

If you dont love this country then go to another country that you do love...Why take up others breathing space with all your negativity?

It is a pretty simple concept this Pledge of Allegiance..It called common courtesy towards this great nation...

It's called nationalistic claptrap. I don't need to make a pledge to a country to like living there....Just jingoistic one-upmanship to try and make you guys feel good about yourselves...pfffftttt :eusa_silenced:

It's called nationalistic claptrap. I don't need to make a pledge to a country to like living there....Just jingoistic one-upmanship to try and make you guys feel good about yourselves...pfffftttt :eusa_silenced:

Maybe this is why you suck at relationships. If you care enough about something or someone you make a pledge whether outloud or privately to protect it/them...Obviously you are not a caring enough soul to do such a thing

What? We are free because we are bound? What are you smoking?

Some of you don't seem to get the vast gulf of emotions between love and "negativity" or hate.

Maybe this is why you suck at relationships. If you care enough about something or someone you make a pledge whether outloud or privately to protect it/them...Obviously you are not a caring enough soul to do such a thing

I try not to have intimate relationships with inanimate objects. But whatever turns you on I guess...

What? We are free because we are bound? What are you smoking?

Some of you don't seem to get the vast gulf of emotions between love and "negativity" or hate.

I try not to have intimate relationships with inanimate objects. But whatever turns you on I guess...

I didnt know freedom was inanimate...Nor did I know it was an object.

What an absurd thing to say about someone you know nothing about. He has a wife, kids, family, friends, co-workers, etc. All of these relationships seem to be pretty successful. I'm guessing I'm a better judge of that than you given he's been one of *my* closest friends for the past five years and you wouldn't know him from Adam.

But whatever gets you through the night and makes you feel better about yourself. :eusa_hand:

What an absurd thing to say about someone you know nothing about. He has a wife, kids, family, friends, co-workers, etc. All of these relationships seem to be pretty successful. I'm guessing I'm a better judge of that than you given he's been one of *my* closest friends for the past five years and you wouldn't know him from Adam.

But whatever gets you through the night and makes you feel better about yourself. :eusa_hand:

If he IS sooo good at relationships like you say then he has pledged his loyalty unto them... You know to love and protect? Why is this such a hard concept to understand?

How many blacks do you know today that are dealing with Jim Crow laws or being discriminated against? Not many. Unless of course you want to adopt Larkinn's "Some racism isn't bad" routine. And if they are, it's against he law already. You're referring to something that hasn't happened in 45 years. We haven't had separate facilities in a long time...you're history teacher should join my civics teacher.

oh i know, dude. racism is like the infamous Snipe! It probably takes a dark wooden area and two stick to bang together to find some O' that this side of the 90s..

The FACT remains that we don't just let the majority shit on Constitutional amendments just because YOU think others can "look away" or "not recite under god" anymore than we allow racists to call black people ******* during a job interview.

Does anyone sit down and say, ok, in order to be a patriot you have to say god? NOPE. IT doesn't matter if those two little words are in there or not, the majority of Americans will continue to say "under God" even if it's taken out. Someone is going to say a different version. So either one will have to get over it.

OFFICIALLY, yes. It doesn't matter to YOU but it does to the rest of us. Your apathy is noted and is trly on the top of my list of things that are important.

and, along your same logic, LET THE christians mumble "under god".. At least, then, the fucking pledge will be in line with that pesky fucking constitution that seems to bug the shit out of thumpers when they don't get their way.

I mean, who needs a constitution when Bri Bri says to get over it??

:lol:

Last I checked, the pledge of allegance isn't a LAW...:eusa_whistle: Would you like some aloe vera for that burn....?

Id suggest you take a gander at the world from an angle other than deep inside your rectal cavity, buddy.

Lawmakers blast Pledge ruling
SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- "Political correctness run amok" is how one senator is describing a court's ruling that the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional.

Outraged lawmakers on both sides of the aisle blasted the ruling as "outrageous," "nuts," and "stupid." The U.S. Senate was so outraged by the decision that it passed a resolution 99-0 "expressing support for the Pledge of Allegiance" and asking Senate counsel to "seek to intervene in the case." (Full story)

Sen. Kit Bond, R-Missouri, was one of many lawmakers who immediately reacted in anger and shock to the ruling.

"Our Founding Fathers must be spinning in their graves. This is the worst kind of political correctness run amok," Bond said. "What's next? Will the courts now strip 'so help me God' from the pledge taken by new presidents?"

CNN.com - Lawmakers blast Pledge ruling - June 27, 2002

(Cause, you know, our founding fathers created the fucking pledge and all.. )

Florida Student Sues Over Pledge Of Allegiance Law

Federal judge declares Pledge unconstitutional

In June 2004, five of the Supreme Court's nine justices found that Sacramento atheist Michael Newdow did not have custody of his school-age daughter and thus could not challenge school district policy that allowed teachers to lead students in a voluntary recitation of the Pledge.

The decision enabled the high court to dodge a battle over whether the phrase "under God" carries a religious meaning that is unacceptable under the Constitution's First Amendment, which forbids government endorsement of religion. The court also avoided deciding whether reciting the Pledge in schools is a coerced religious practice.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-14-pledge-allegiance_x.htm

Gosh, Bri Bri.. seems like im the only one of us daring to post evidence here.. WHY is that? Are you mumbling something under your breath? Again, thanks for your opinion that the minority should just fucking deal with it but I think we're gonna go ahead and clarify this blatantly unconstitutional situation. Feel free to mutter "under god" under your breath since, you know, the Constitution actually DOES matter to some of us.

Id suggest you take a gander at the world from an angle other than deep inside your rectal cavity, buddy.

Lawmakers blast Pledge ruling
SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- "Political correctness run amok" is how one senator is describing a court's ruling that the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional.

Outraged lawmakers on both sides of the aisle blasted the ruling as "outrageous," "nuts," and "stupid." The U.S. Senate was so outraged by the decision that it passed a resolution 99-0 "expressing support for the Pledge of Allegiance" and asking Senate counsel to "seek to intervene in the case." (Full story)

Sen. Kit Bond, R-Missouri, was one of many lawmakers who immediately reacted in anger and shock to the ruling.

"Our Founding Fathers must be spinning in their graves. This is the worst kind of political correctness run amok," Bond said. "What's next? Will the courts now strip 'so help me God' from the pledge taken by new presidents?"

CNN.com - Lawmakers blast Pledge ruling - June 27, 2002

(Cause, you know, our founding fathers created the fucking pledge and all.. )

Federal judge declares Pledge unconstitutional

In June 2004, five of the Supreme Court's nine justices found that Sacramento atheist Michael Newdow did not have custody of his school-age daughter and thus could not challenge school district policy that allowed teachers to lead students in a voluntary recitation of the Pledge.

The decision enabled the high court to dodge a battle over whether the phrase "under God" carries a religious meaning that is unacceptable under the Constitution's First Amendment, which forbids government endorsement of religion. The court also avoided deciding whether reciting the Pledge in schools is a coerced religious practice.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-14-pledge-allegiance_x.htm

Gosh, Bri Bri.. seems like im the only one of us daring to post evidence here.. WHY is that? Are you mumbling something under your breath? Again, thanks for your opinion that the minority should just fucking deal with it but I think we're gonna go ahead and clarify this blatantly unconstitutional situation. Feel free to mutter "under god" under your breath since, you know, the Constitution actually DOES matter to some of us.

That's all great Shog, but you quoted the first Amendment..."Congress shall pass no law...." Since when is the pledge of allegiance considered a law. If you're going to call it unconstitutional, you can't address it as a law that Congress has made that is respecting a religion. Someone's going to have to do with or without "Under God." And right now, it just happens to be you.....

That's all great Shog, but you quoted the first Amendment..."Congress shall pass no law...." Since when is the pledge of allegiance considered a law. If you're going to call it unconstitutional, you can't address it as a law that Congress has made that is respecting a religion. Someone's going to have to do with or without "Under God." And right now, it just happens to be you.....

You are just not interested in reading today, are you?

The Pennsylvania Mandatory School Pledge of Allegiance Law:
Why A Federal Appeals Court Was Right to Strike It Down

FindLaw's Writ - Hamilton: The Pennsylvania Mandatory School Pledge of Allegiance Law

-CITE-
4 USC Sec. 4 01/03/2007

-EXPCITE-
TITLE 4 - FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES
CHAPTER 1 - THE FLAG

-HEAD-
Sec. 4. Pledge of allegiance to the flag; manner of delivery

-STATUTE-
The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the
Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which
it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and
justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention
facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in
uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their
right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over
the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag,
and render the military salute.

-SOURCE-
(Added Pub. L. 105-225, Sec. 2(a), Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1494;
amended Pub. L. 107-293, Sec. 2(a), Nov. 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 2060.)

-MISC1-
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/04C1.txt

Texas pledge-of-allegiance law undermines democracy, critical thinking

Texas pledge

Yup... I CONTINUE to use resources outside of my own opinion to bludgeon you about the head and neck. GOOD JOB, dude. Telling me just to DEAL WITH IT sure is profound after reading a FEDERAL STATUE that directly conflicts with the first fucknig amendment!

You are just not interested in reading today, are you?

The Pennsylvania Mandatory School Pledge of Allegiance Law:
Why A Federal Appeals Court Was Right to Strike It Down

FindLaw's Writ - Hamilton: The Pennsylvania Mandatory School Pledge of Allegiance Law

-CITE-
4 USC Sec. 4 01/03/2007

-EXPCITE-
TITLE 4 - FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES
CHAPTER 1 - THE FLAG

-HEAD-
Sec. 4. Pledge of allegiance to the flag; manner of delivery

-STATUTE-
The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the
Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which
it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and
justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention
facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in
uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their
right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over
the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag,
and render the military salute.

-SOURCE-
(Added Pub. L. 105-225, Sec. 2(a), Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1494;
amended Pub. L. 107-293, Sec. 2(a), Nov. 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 2060.)

-MISC1-
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/04C1.txt

Texas pledge-of-allegiance law undermines democracy, critical thinking

Texas pledge

Yup... I CONTINUE to use resources outside of my own opinion to bludgeon you about the head and neck. GOOD JOB, dude. Telling me just to DEAL WITH IT sure is profound after reading a FEDERAL STATUE that directly conflicts with the first fucknig amendment!

To be honest Shog, I agree with you. I'm just seeing how riled up I can get you. I know you are a little "sore" when it comes to religion...:D I really like to watch you whip a dead horse :whip:

Texas pledge

I just don't see the point of getting viscious about it....As long as you know what you believe, that's all that matters. :eusa_dance::popcorn:

Do you really take me for the type of person to ignore facts and a constant stream of evidence? God Be with you :eusa_pray: (j/k)

Forum List

Back