School Bans 'offensive' Chick-fil-a Sandwiches

Rotagilla

Gold Member
May 27, 2014
School bans 'offensive' Chick-fil-A sandwiches

"Feathers have been ruffled at California’s Ventura High School, where the principal this week banned the football booster club from selling Chick-fil-A sandwiches over fears that people might be offended.......

With their political stance on gay rights and because the students of Ventura High School and their parents would be at the event, I didn’t want them on campus,” Principal Val Wyatt told the Ventura County Star.

It was a sentiment supported by Trudy Tuttle Ariaga, superintendent of the Ventura Unified School District.

“We value inclusivity and diversity on our campus, and all our events and activities are going to adhere to our mission,” Ariaga told CBS News in Los Angeles.

This is a classic example of those preaching inclusivity and diversity being the least inclusive and diverse of all.

Let’s back up for a minute and explain how this unfortunate act of poultry bigotry came about.

The local Chick-fil-A franchise has a storied history of supporting the school district – to the tune of thousands of dollars – and owner Robert Shaffer had generously offered to give the booster club 200 meals for a “back-to-school” event on Wednesday at which they expected to raise $1,600 for the football team, the Ventura Star reported.

“That would have gone toward the football program, everything from uniforms to food for the boys,” booster club president Dan Swim told the Star. “We don’t charge money for the boys to play football.”

I almost don't know what to say...this country is assuredly finished...

Well, the thing is, the homosexuals who might have been 'offended' don't have kids playing football.

They just want to play football with the kids. :FIREdevil:

Here is what prompted the outcry against Chick-fil-a...

...the company’s president, Dan Cathy, told a Christian news outlet that the business supports “the biblical definition of the family unit.”

That's it.

Only a Liberal could turn a statement like that into a national outrage.
Screw those retards.

It was the right move, homophobia shouldn't be promoted in schools.

How is donating sandwiches for a back to school event to support the football program "homophobic"?

You didn't read the article, it appears.

The local Chick-fil-A franchise has a storied history of supporting the school district – to the tune of thousands of dollars – and owner Robert Shaffer had generously offered to give the booster club 200 meals for a “back-to-school” event on Wednesday at which they expected to raise $1,600 for the football team, the Ventura Star reported.

“That would have gone toward the football program, everything from uniforms to food for the boys,” booster club president Dan Swim told the Star. “We don’t charge money for the boys to play football.”

...the company’s president, Dan Cathy, told a Christian news outlet that the business supports “the biblical definition of the family unit.”

That's it.

Screw those retards.

We know all that...and, all due respect, it isn't relevant to this.

The man wanted to DONATE 200 sandwiches for a back to school event to raise money for the football team...it has nothing to do with the bible, marriage or homosexuality...

No agenda was being forwarded or supported..Just a businessman in the community trying to support the local high school.

like already said , country is finished . Its death by a thousand cuts and it never stops . One week its expelling kids that chew poptarts into the shape of a gun and the next week its stuff like this chicken sandwich deal .

That's it.

Screw those retards.

We know all that...and, all due respect, it isn't relevant to this.

The man wanted to DONATE 200 sandwiches for a back to school event to raise money for the football team...it has nothing to do with the bible, marriage or homosexuality...

No agenda was being forwarded or supported..Just a businessman in the community trying to support the local high school.
No need to respect me of all people. Here, for good measure... :slap:

The whole flap over Chic-a-la began with that very statement that I quoted. That was what- 2 years ago?

Perhaps the answer is, Chick Fil A should never have been supporting the school in the first place. The school teaches the children an agenda of homosexuality that maybe shouldn't be supported.

When my business was open, the local high school asked for my support. I told them flat out that I didn't support the school's homosexual agenda. No money was forthcoming.

Is this punishing the students for the administration's actions? Yes. Of course. But no more than banishing chicken sandwiches are.

The war on football marches on. Next thing you know, they will be wearing pink shoes.

You've made a mistake....this isn't the michael sams thread.
This is about leftists "banning" things they don't like so they can pretend to be morally superior.

How is donating sandwiches for a back to school event to support the football program "homophobic"?

Chik-fil is a homophobic restaurant. Anything they do promotes homophobia as an accepted practise. Which of course is wrong.

Perhaps the answer is, Chick Fil A should never have been supporting the school in the first place. The school teaches the children an agenda of homosexuality that maybe shouldn't be supported.

When my business was open, the local high school asked for my support. I told them flat out that I didn't support the school's homosexual agenda. No money was forthcoming.

Is this punishing the students for the administration's actions? Yes. Of course. But no more than banishing chicken sandwiches are.

I guess....sad this country has sunk this low....

Oh well..we'll rebuild.

Chik-fil is a homophobic restaurant. Anything they do promotes homophobia as an accepted practise. Which of course is wrong.

LOL

The more things change the more they stay the same.....as is that post.............

Fund raisers for chick filets ended..........What a bunch of idiots.

Forum List

Back