"SAY GOODBYE REPUBLICANS" if you pull this shit, might as well eliminate the party...

My advice is to treat Hispanics like people instead of a voting demographic. My advice is to spell out why conservative policies are advantageous to Hispanics as much as they are to any other people. My advice is to explain to the Hispanic leaders why sensible immigration policies are as advantageous to them as they are to any other Americans. Promising amnesty won't gain them votes. The Democrats don't have any better track record than Republicans--not as good actually--on that as the GOP and the Hispanics still vote Democratic because they promise the freebies that the GOP won't promise.

The GOP needs to teach clearly, without hyperbole and without mincing words and without one-liner rally the troops slogans why the private sector is the only way to generate prosperity fo all and what the GOP will do to promote that.

And the GOP needs a clear, easy-to-sell, sensible, and practical immigration policy that accomplishes what our immigration policy has always intended to accomplish along with a practical and sensible visitor work program for our neighbors to the north and south.

And they need to teach their people how to sell principles in a way that the leftwing media can't distort and misrepresent and twist into something the GOP never said and never intended.

Thank you

Basically what I have been saying. Republicans need to get engaged with the Hispanic community. Trickle down Rhetoric and "Look we have Hispanic Republucans" doesn't cut it
Republicans need to be a presence in Hispanic communities. Not for photo-ops but full time offices. A place the community can go to help get a job or help with a community issue.
Republicans need to stop the hate rhetoric from right wing media. Stop passing English only laws. Stop with show me your papers legislation

Unless they do, their party is doomed

The Republicans are engaged with the Hispanic community. There are a lot of Republican Hispanics and they generally get demonized by the left just as all other conservative minorities are demonized. The Republicans aren't hateful to Hispanics nor is the rightwing media. Leftwing media and Democrats portrays it that way however, and the left snarfs that right down as the truth without ever checking the actual facts.

English only laws? Learning the language is the only way for Hispanics to truly prosper and achieve full status in society. Making it easier for Hispanics to avoid doing that is not doing Hispanics any favors. Republicans need to make that case.

Republicans have long been far more friend to Hispanics than the Democrats, but the GOP is not as effective as the Democrats in flattering rhetoric or selling a concept. I suppose truth is just more difficult to sell than are rhetorical lies and empty flattery. But we do nobody any favor by hurting people on the pretense we are accommodating them, nor do we do anybody any favor by continuing to divide people up into groups, each valued for nothing more than their voting power.

So if he GOP has to become big government Democrats in order to survive, they might as well fold up their tents because saving them won't be worth anybody's time and will accomplish nothing.

27% of the vote is not engaged and is not a lot of Hispanic Republicans. Whatever your message to that community, it is not working

If you can't convince Hispanics that you will make their lives better it is your fault.......not the liberal media

It is not treating people unequally.....it is helping people who need help

A concept conservatives cannot grasp

Which is not treating people equally no matter how you slice it or want to pitch your snake oil.
A concept you are incapable of getting because you are nothing more than a crooked shyster than cannot understand principles and responsibilities ... And don't actually hold any worth a damn yourself.

I never thought that I would actually find a group of people more clueless than George Bush II, but the Tea Party wins the prize. Even Bush knew that he could not win without the Hispanic vote.

It is not treating people unequally.....it is helping people who need help

A concept conservatives cannot grasp

Which is not treating people equally no matter how you slice it or want to pitch your snake oil.
A concept you are incapable of getting because you are nothing more than a crooked shyster than cannot understand principles and responsibilities ... And don't actually hold any worth a damn yourself.

Did you actually post that? Helping people who need help is not treating people equally because you are not helping the rich at the same time

No wonder nobody will vote for you

I never thought that I would actually find a group of people more clueless than George Bush II, but the Tea Party wins the prize. Even Bush knew that he could not win without the Hispanic vote.

Bush got 46% of the Hispanic vote.......Romney got 27%

Where will Republicans be in another 15 years?

They will be still scratching their heads wondering what went wrong....

It's tough to know how to deal with experts in class warfare -- the kind of people who turn respect for the law into an indictment of racial intolerance.

Those people are sh*tty.

But they're in charge. They have the bully pulpit and most of the media.

So what to do?

Reach honestly to women, Hispanics, and minorities is the path to follow for the GOP.

Heavens knows the opposite has not worked.

It's tough to know how to deal with experts in class warfare -- the kind of people who turn respect for the law into an indictment of racial intolerance.

Those people are sh*tty.

So what to do?

There is a class of people who will not vote Republican. That is not warfare, that is reality

The throw-granny-off-the-cliff b.s. and other class warfare Dems play backfires on them.

They can get votes from the people they scare but when you paint decent people as demons, that doesn't make the people want to work with you, so all you have left is to whine about how obstructionist the people you called evil are.

The throw-granny-off-the-cliff b.s. and other class warfare Dems play backfires on them.

They can get votes from the people they scare but when you paint decent people as demons, that doesn't make the people want to work with you, so all you have left is to whine about how obstructionist the people you called evil are.

All republicans need to is provide a reason to vote for them.....should be easy

Those people are sh*tty.

So what to do?

There is a class of people who will not vote Republican. That is not warfare, that is reality
Yep, they're called freeloaders and there are plenty of them.

Those people are sh*tty.

So what to do?

Winner, winner...chicken dinner

More reason minorities won't vote Republican

Anyone else want to chime in?

Sure. They could give them the same reason the Democrats do, i.e. a ton of empty promises of what big government is going to do for them, give to them, arrange for them. The fact that such promises are always dangled juuuuuuuuust out of reach doesn't phase those who are thrown a bone now and then to keep them quiet. And hopeful for more.

But let's say the GOP does that. What does that accomplish other than a one party system populated by professional politicians and bureaucrats who don't really give a damn about anybody so long as they can fool the people long enough to acquire their power, prestige, influence, and massive personal wealth.

Obama has managed to push the gimme sector over the 50% mark during the last 5 years. More than 50% of the population now receives at least some kind of benefit from the federal government whether it is their total support or food stamps or a cell phone. It is very difficult for folks to give up even a meager and/or essentially meaningless benefit once they have it when there is no assurance that it will be replaced with something better in the private sector.

So the Democrats herd more and more hapless government addicts onto the plantation and solidify their power despite growing discontent as promise after promise is broken. But the politicans and bureaucrats don't care. They'll have theirs and will be long gone before it all hits the fan.

And we want the Republicans to do that too just to get into office? Why? Why not just disband them and be honest that we would then be the one-party system that would result?

Last edited:

Bush was an anomaly, though. Even Reagan only got around 30% and he actually granted amnesty.

After this is done then you start determining how to deal with the millions of others already here who don't fall under the Dream Act and you also start working to relax our immigration laws. .

We don't need to "relax" our immigration laws, we need to enforce them. When we really do that, then we can start working on other related issues.

No, we need to do away with them, period. It's not just Hispanics jumping over the border that's a problem. Even immigrants from Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world go through years of bureaucratic red tape to be able to stay here. My buddy's wife is from France. She has a college degree and works for a marketing firm and the shit she's had to go through to get U.S. citizenship is absurd. I don't even know if she's gotten it yet, to be honest with you, and they started the process two years ago. She may still be on a visa.

Winner, winner...chicken dinner

More reason minorities won't vote Republican

Anyone else want to chime in?
I wasn't talking about minorities but if the shoe fits...Freeloaders come in all colors. Minorities freeload more as a percentage of their population but in actual numbers there are just as many white freeloaders (and they vote Democrat).

Sure. They could give them the same reason the Democrats do, i.e. a ton of empty promises of what big government is going to do for them, give to them, arrange for them. The fact that such promises are always dangled juuuuuuuuust out of reach doesn't phase those who are thrown a bone now and then to keep them quiet. And hopeful for more.

But let's say the GOP does that. What does that accomplish other than a one party system populated by professional politicians and bureaucrats who don't really give a damn about anybody so long as they can fool the people long enough to acquire their power, prestige, influence, and massive personal wealth.

Obama has managed to push the gimme sector over the 50% mark during the last 5 years. More than 50% of the population now receives at least some kind of benefit from the federal government whether it is their total support or food stamps or a cell phone. It is very difficult for folks to give up even a meager and/or essentially meaningless benefit once they have it when there is no assurance that it will be replaced with something better in the private sector.

So the Democrats herd more and more hapless government addicts onto the plantation and solidify their power despite growing discontent as promise after promise is broken. But the politicans and bureaucrats don't care. They'll have theirs and will be long gone before it all hits the fan.

And we want the Republicans to do that too just to get into office? Why? Why not just disband them and be honest that we would then be the one-party system that would result?

Fine Republicans....don't want to get the Hispanic vote through big government? Go for it

Show Hispanics the wonder of free market capitalism and funnel jobs into their neighborhoods. They will vote Republucan forever

What is stopping you?

Fine Republicans....don't want to get the Hispanic vote through big government? Go for it

Show Hispanics the wonder of free market capitalism and funnel jobs into their neighborhoods. They will vote Republucan forever

What is stopping you?

Maybe Republicans should be more Conservative and choose more responsible things to legislate than either of the vote buying, crooked assed, shyster snake oil salesman bullshit ideas a person like you with no principles whatsoever just suggested.

Freeloaders.

Would that include Iowa farmers with crop subsidies and ethanol production incentives? Would that include big oil, with government subsidies? How about Big Pharmacy with a law in force that forbids the government from bargaining their prices, in spite of the fact that Medicare is pharmacies biggest customer? Would that term include those that have offshore bank accounts that are tax avoidance tools, which the republicans just announced that they support? Let me rephrase that question. How can we democrats get in on some of that action? We would like to pick up those votere as well!

Forum List

Back