"SAY GOODBYE REPUBLICANS" if you pull this shit, might as well eliminate the party...

Gotta love the cocky Dems.

They get the White House in a set of circumstances they won't be able to duplicate and the president's appeal is dwindling, they squander the Congress, the Senate is in jeopardy, Republicans swept the state houses in 2010 and have the wind at their back for 2014, but Dems are full of oh so helpful advice for us.

Look after yourselves, guys.

You do have to wonder, don't you. :) I somehow just can't imagine a leftist/liberal/progressive/statist/political class/Democrat being too sincere in helping the GOP. :)

They get the White House in a set of circumstances they won't be able to duplicate and the president's appeal is dwindling, they squander the Congress, the Senate is in jeopardy, Republicans swept the state houses in 2010 and have the wind at their back for 2014, but Dems are full of oh so helpful advice for us.

You do have to wonder, don't you. :) I somehow just can't imagine a leftist/liberal/progressive/statist/political class/Democrat being too sincere in helping the GOP. :)

Its not like the GOP listens to anyone anyway

They will lose the Hispanic vote for a generation and then blame the media and "free stuff"

They will lose the Hispanic vote for a generation and then blame the media and "free stuff"

Well, unless you want to characterize Hispanics as blithering idiots, then there isn't much else other than a partisan media and free stuff to blame for them voting Democrat. The Republicans have been far more beneficial to the Hispanic community than the Democrats have been.

Well, unless you want to characterize Hispanics as blithering idiots, then there isn't much else other than a partisan media and free stuff to blame for them voting Democrat. The Republicans have been far more beneficial to the Hispanic community than the Democrats have been.

Have they?

Seems you would be able to do a far better job of convincing Hispanics than the paltry 27% vote in the last election

The Hispanic vote hardly even exists. Less than 10% of registered voters, and they vote less than blacks or whites. They're notorious for not showing up at the polling centers.

The Hispanic vote hardly even exists. Less than 10% of registered voters, and they vote less than blacks or whites. They're notorious for not showing up at the polling centers.

Interesting...

I imagine you can back that up with a link

"SAY GOODBYE REPUBLICANS" if you pull this shit, might as well eliminate the party...

If it was good enough for St. Ronnie Of The RKO, it should be good enough for today's fake conservatives.

Interesting...

I imagine you can back that up with a link

I already did just a few pages ago IN THIS THREAD. Try to keep up.

Native Americans said the same thing

You mean American Indians. Anyone born in America is a "Native American".
That's laughably false.

No it's not. If you're born in Mexico, you're a native Mexican. If you're born in Denmark, you're a native Dane. If you're born in America, you're a native American. Why would you say that's false ? Strange thing to say.

Again: the correct term for the people you're referring to is American Indians. Any other term is confusing, and not necessarily correct. How would you call a person of the Apache tribe, and who speaks that language, if they were born in Mexico ? Or Australia ? Or a member of the Blackfeet tribe (ordinarily located in Montana), if they were born in Canada ? Or England ?

It's like the term African-American, used to describe Black people. Again, FALSE terminology. I've known 3 people who are correctly known as African Americans, who immigrated to the United States, and became US citizens. One was born in Botswana. One in Rhodesia (now called Zimbabwe). And one born in Tanzania. All 3 are White.

Last edited:
That's laughably false.

No it's not. If you're born in Mexico, you're a native Mexican. If you're born in Denmark, you're a native Dane. If you're born in America, you're a native American. Why would you say that's false ? Strange thing to say.

Again: the correct term for the people you're referring to is American Indians. Any other term is confusing, and not necessarily correct. How would you call a person of the Apache tribe, and who speaks that language, if they were born in Mexico ? Or Australia ? Or a member of the Blackfeet tribe (ordinarily located in Montana), if they were born in Canada ? Or England ?

It's like the term African-American, used to describe Black people. Again, FALSE terminology. I've known 3 people who are correctly known as African Americans, who immigrated to the United States, and became US citizens. One was born in Botswana. One in Rhodesia (now called Zimbabwe). And one born in Tanzania. All 3 are White.

Very good point. In the mad rush to distance ourselves from the term "Indian" we inadvertently created a paradox that convoluted the meaning of the word "native."

American Indians were not originally native to America in the first place - they had to cross the barring straight to get here.

Last edited:
That's laughably false.

They are only referred to as 'Indians' because the first Europeans to come here thought they were Indians, from India.

That's laughably false.

They are only referred to as 'Indians' because the first Europeans to come here thought they were Indians, from India.

Yes, but after being called that for several centuries, it kind of stuck.

Protectionist does point out a very valid conundrum when using the term "native."

I'm, technically a native American, having been born in the US. Come to think of it, me and most of the Americans I know have some percentage of Indian blood.

How many remaining "native Americans" are 100% american?

It's a slippery mess indeed.

Last edited:
Why should this be the end of the GOP?

If it's the best option and we do not use it, is someone going to benefit? I would rather have everyone have documentation and NO ONE living here illegally. Then, we can deport people who are illegal and have the immigration laws mean something again.

After this is done then you start determining how to deal with the millions of others already here who don't fall under the Dream Act and you also start working to relax our immigration laws. .

We don't need to "relax" our immigration laws, we need to enforce them. When we really do that, then we can start working on other related issues.

No, we need to do away with them, period. It's not just Hispanics jumping over the border that's a problem. Even immigrants from Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world go through years of bureaucratic red tape to be able to stay here. My buddy's wife is from France. She has a college degree and works for a marketing firm and the shit she's had to go through to get U.S. citizenship is absurd. I don't even know if she's gotten it yet, to be honest with you, and they started the process two years ago. She may still be on a visa.

It is irrational to suggest that the 'solution' to the byzantine process of immigrating here legally is to abolish all relevant laws. Think about it for a second.

If the woman from France is your buddy's wife she can obtain permanent resident status before (or instead of, if they choose) applying for citizenship. Is it a pain in the ass? Yes. A lot of people hire an immigration lawyer to go through the mountains of paperwork and sort it all out for them, which can be expensive. But it can be done. As long as they are married she can stay during the period her application is being considered unless there are extenuating circumstances.

That's laughably false.

We all learned that in the 4th grade. But thanks anyway. It's the thought that counts. :lol:

Yes, but after being called that for several centuries, it kind of stuck.

Protectionist does point out a very valid conundrum when using the term "native."

I'm, technically a native American, having been born in the US. Come to think of it, me and most of the Americans I know have some percentage of Indian blood.

How many remaining "native Americans" are 100% american?

It's a slippery mess indeed.

Quite correct. Anyone born in the United States is a native American.

Forum List

Back