Saudi woman gets 150 lashes for driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only ADMITTED Muslim.......

Well, that is a point. I would still like to see a Muslim come on here and lambaste Sunni and Saudi Arabia and deny that this is any part of Islam.
It is against Islam (HARAM, which means a sin and punishable) for a Muslim to say anything negative about another Muslim in front of, or exchange for a Muslim. That's why they are always mum no matter how heinous or disgusting the crime by fellow Muslims.

If you do not speak out against it, you can only be in favor of it. If good men do nothing, evil wins, every time.

How many lashes can one man stand?

It depends on how you're lashed. It's very unlikely that a person will die from his sentence if it is administered in the usual Saudi Arabian way—i.e., broken up into weekly bouts of 50 lashings each.

(Women are given 20 to 30 at a time.)

Saudi Arabia does have some safeguards to protect the health of the person being lashed. For example, doctors inspect the medical condition of a prisoner ahead of time to determine whether he or she is fit to be lashed. (There tends not to be a post-lashing inspection.)

And according to Islamic law, a flogger is supposed to hold a copy of the Quran under his arm to curb his range of motion and ensure that the strokes are not too powerful.

Usually, the lashes are applied to the back, but they can also land on the legs and buttocks, according to firsthand reports. (The more varied the blows, the less likely they are to cause serious damage; hitting the same spot over and over increases the likelihood of breaking skin and causing infection.)

How many lashes can someone endure before dying?

And you believe resisting arrest is worthy of being whipped to death?

Where did it say "whipped to death"
From the article:
A woman in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced this week to 150 lashes and eight months in jail for driving and striking police officers who arrested her, news websites in the kingdom have reported.

Do you really believe anyone can survive 150 lashes?

Actually yes, if it is administered in the usual Saudi Arabian way—i.e., broken up into weekly bouts of 50 lashings each. (Women are given 20 to 30 at a time.) But a string of regular punishments administered over a span of seven months could still be dangerous. After just one round of lashings, he could suffer lacerated or bruised skin. More serious problems are likely to arise after repeated, weekly abuse—including nerve damage and infection.

Empirical evidence? Ha ha ha. Pakistan is Taliban HQ, and Yemen is now Al Queda HQ. In Yemen they are legally marrying 9 year old girls. Keep up will ya.

Very dangerous places to be for women and children. ( men too )

NYC, Chicago, Detroit, etc. are very dangerous places for women and children, and men, et all, to be.
Wow, that was a rational answer. Do they legally marry 8 and 9 year olds in NY and Chicago?

Sounds like the animals marry and have sex with 8 and 9 year old girls to me:

Yemen investigates reported 8-year-old child bride death | Al Jazeera America

Yemen is investigating the reported death of an 8-year-old girl from injuries suffered on the first night of her marriage to a man in his 40s, the government said Friday, as European Union foreign policy chief Catherin Ashton called the reports "appalling" and urged Yemen to ban child marriage.

Yemen's human rights minister Hooria Mashour has asked parliament to pass a law setting a minimum age for marriage, she told the BBC on Friday.

Rights activist Ahmed al-Quraishi, chairman of child rights' organization Siyaj, said activists who went to the northwestern Hajjah province had collected information that practically confirms the case, "We in Siyaj are nearly sure of the girl's death, and that authorities are trying to cover up the issue."

Last edited:
I'm not the one saying it is worse. I never brought those countries into the discussion. If you want to make a claim about them, support it with evidence instead of just saying your assumptions are truth. What is the truth? You prove it.

Well, he's posted a whole lot of quotes from the Koran, all you've posted is your opinion based on your own experiences. Which one will hold up in a court of law?

What court of law? Saudi is a complete theocracy. So in Saudi, Sharia law will hold up. However, as far as I know, and I researched it, there are only one or two countries in the world that are ruled by Sharia law. Others have partial Sharia law, others none, not as part of their legal system. The things he may post about the Koran are like people posting things from the Old Testment that no longer apply in the modern West. It is the same with modern Islam. Many things in the Koran are not applical in modern Islam, no more than many things in the Bible are applical in modern Christianity. Over and over again I post that there are billions of Muslims in the world. Only a tiny proportion live in the ME, and even in the ME, most of the countries don't have full Sharia law. You are thinking like all the countries are the same, when in fact they are all different. It's like thinking all Western countries are the same because they are predominantly Christian. Are Columbia or Brazil exactly like America because it is Christian? Why don't people use common sense?
Actually Saudi Arabia is a monarchy, remember? It's called the KINGDOM of Saudi Arabia, and they have a King, and Royal Family. And Saudi Arabia is the center of Islam, no Muslim ever doubts that. Jerusalem is the center of Judaism and Jerusalem is also Israel. The Vatican might not be the center of Christianity, but it is definitely the center of Catholicism. You cannot go to Mecca without the Saudi govt.'s stamp of approval. The Saudi Govt. and police forces are in total control of Mecca and Medina, and dictate who can and cannot go there. You are exhibiting your absolute ignorance again.

Last edited:
Where did it say "whipped to death"
From the article:
A woman in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced this week to 150 lashes and eight months in jail for driving and striking police officers who arrested her, news websites in the kingdom have reported.

Do you really believe anyone can survive 150 lashes?

Actually yes, if it is administered in the usual Saudi Arabian way—i.e., broken up into weekly bouts of 50 lashings each. (Women are given 20 to 30 at a time.) But a string of regular punishments administered over a span of seven months could still be dangerous. After just one round of lashings, he could suffer lacerated or bruised skin. More serious problems are likely to arise after repeated, weekly abuse—including nerve damage and infection.
But seriously does it matter whether someone survives or doesn't survive such savagery?

It of course depends on who is administering it, and what method is used. For example one Islamic method is for the person doing the lashing to hold a Koran under the arm, so as to reduce the strength of the arm, as well as make the lashing "from Allah". Other methods are so severe, it will cause a person to die after 20 lashes.

Usually for these types of situations they bribe an asshole in charge, who will then reduce the severity of the lashing, or number of lashes, or better, totally remove the punishment. For the right price you can get away with almost anything. Cronyism and corruption rule the entire region.

Last edited:

It depends on how you're lashed. It's very unlikely that a person will die from his sentence if it is administered in the usual Saudi Arabian way—i.e., broken up into weekly bouts of 50 lashings each.

Saudi Arabia does have some safeguards to protect the health of the person being lashed. For example, doctors inspect the medical condition of a prisoner ahead of time to determine whether he or she is fit to be lashed. (There tends not to be a post-lashing inspection.)

And according to Islamic law, a flogger is supposed to hold a copy of the Quran under his arm to curb his range of motion and ensure that the strokes are not too powerful.

Usually, the lashes are applied to the back, but they can also land on the legs and buttocks, according to firsthand reports. (The more varied the blows, the less likely they are to cause serious damage; hitting the same spot over and over increases the likelihood of breaking skin and causing infection.)

By George, that is one humane punishment. Why, under those guidelines a strong healthy woman should be able to take about a thousand lashes and not even get her hair messed up.

By George, that is one humane punishment. Why, under those guidelines a strong healthy woman should be able to take about a thousand lashes and not even get her hair messed up.
Makes water boarding look like a picnic. LOL

What is heartwarming about this story is that although this Saudi woman has no one amongst her willing to speak up for her? Thousands of miles away - on another continent - a Jewish woman writes on her behalf and asks for justice on a message board called USMB.
LOL.......a juden is all up in arms because a woman in a country she has never visited isn't allow to drive a car.

That's classic........ :lol: :lol:

Jeri isn't Jewish. And most women feel empathy for their sisters, no matter where they live or what their religion......
Only a turdish troll like the sunnithing would mock others for being concerned about strangers.

Typical that the Islam haters gloss over the part where it says the woman was arrested for striking the Police officers.

Typical that the Islam haters gloss over the part where it says the woman was arrested for striking the Police officers.

Islam haters? Have you read Sunni's posts? The man has no feelings whatsoever about this woman, indeed, believes she deserves it as all women should "know their place".

Sorry, but them's fighting words in my family.

Also, even if she did resist arrest, do you really think she deserves 150 lashes and 8 years in jail? Whipping is barbaric.

Last edited:

Islam haters? Have you read Sunni's posts? The man has no feelings whatsoever about this woman, indeed, believes she deserves it as all women should "know their place".

Also, even if she did resist arrest, do you really think she deserves 150 lashes and 8 years in jail?
She did more than resist arrest......she hit a police officer.

I recently saw a cop show there some guy punched a cop and received 20 years.

So her 8 yr sentence doesn't sound out of bounds. . :cool:

Also, even if she did resist arrest, do you really think she deserves 150 lashes and 8 years in jail?
She did more than resist arrest......she hit a police officer.

I recently saw a cop show there some guy punched a cop and received 20 years.

So her 8 yr sentence doesn't sound out of bounds. . :cool:

The 150 lashes does.

Also, even if she did resist arrest, do you really think she deserves 150 lashes and 8 years in jail? Whipping is barbaric.

Im not condoning the punishment just want to set the record straight.
According to the article it was 8 months not 8 years in jail.
Do I think it the punishment is Excessive, Yes, I think a simple fine would have sufficed.
However, it is their country and it is their rules.

What is heartwarming about this story is that although this Saudi woman has no one amongst her willing to speak up for her? Thousands of miles away - on another continent - a Jewish woman writes on her behalf and asks for justice on a message board called USMB.
LOL.......a juden is all up in arms because a woman in a country she has never visited isn't allow to drive a car.

That's classic........ :lol: :lol:

Jeri isn't Jewish. And most women feel empathy for their sisters, no matter where they live or what their religion......
Only a turdish troll like the sunnithing would mock others for being concerned about strangers.

That's right, Marge. I'm a Christian. I was speaking of Sally writing the OP when I said thousands of miles away on another continent a Jewish woman writes a post - on her behalf - in other words - a Jewish woman cared more about this Saudi Muslims womans' fate than some of her Muslim brethren who should have spoke up for her but didn't. Very sad. - Jeri p.s. I have asked Sunni in the past to not refer to Sally as a Juden because it is a term that was used in Germany by Nazis - it's a painful reminder - yet he persists in doing it.

Last edited:

She was arrested for driving. She struck the officer resisting arrest. The extra lashes were for the resistance.

Saudi is the only country where women are not allowed to drive, even though there is no law on the books against it. A fatwa was issued.

>>A conservative Saudi Arabian cleric has said women who drive risk damaging their ovaries and bearing children with clinical problems, countering activists who are trying to end the Islamic kingdom’s male-only driving rules.<<

Women who drive produce children with mental defects according to the cleric

I have asked Sunni in the past to not refer to Sally as a Juden because it is a term that was used in Germany by Nazis - it's a painful reminder - yet he persists in doing it.
Juden is just the regular word used in the German language to describe a Jewish person.

I don't understand why some people here are all upset about it's use?? . :cool:

I have asked Sunni in the past to not refer to Sally as a Juden because it is a term that was used in Germany by Nazis - it's a painful reminder - yet he persists in doing it.
Juden is just the regular word used in the German language to describe a Jewish person.

I don't understand why some people here are all upset about it's use?? . :cool:
No actually, you lie again. Juden is the derogatory word Nazis used for Jews. Besides, why would an American Muslim use a German word to describe the Jews?

It's seems like Heil hitler has been updated to Allah Akbar.

Juden raus!

Definition: "Jews out!" (German) - A dreaded phrase shouted by the Nazis throughout the ghettos when they were trying to force Jews from their hiding places.

Nice going, Sunni. And you wonder why Islamists are also called IslamoNazis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back