Woman Who Threw Food at Chipotle Employee Sentenced to Work Fast-Food Job

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
A woman in Ohio who threw a burrito bowl at a Chipotle worker and was convicted of assault has been sentenced to an unusual punishment that includes working in fast food for two months.

Back in September, during a dinner rush and while a restaurant in Parma was short-staffed, Emily Russell, then the store manager, said she made and then remade an order for Rosemary Hayne.

Ms. Hayne was not satisfied with the final product. In a video shared widely online, she can be seen yelling at Ms. Russell before hurling the burrito bowl at her face.

“I didn’t expect it at all,” Ms. Russell, 26, said. “I just blinked and there was sour cream dripping from my hair.”

Judge Timothy Gilligan of Parma Municipal Court sentenced Ms. Hayne to 180 days in jail, with 90 days suspended, court records show.

The judge offered her a chance to reduce her sentence, with a catch — 60 of those days would be suspended if she worked 20 hours a week for eight and a half weeks (or 60 days) at a fast-food restaurant, said Joseph O’Malley, Ms. Hayne’s lawyer.

Ms. Hayne, 39, agreed to take the judge up on his offer, he said. She must complete her time as a fast-food worker by the time she reports to jail in March.

A woman in Ohio who threw a burrito bowl at a Chipotle worker and was convicted of assault has been sentenced to an unusual punishment that includes working in fast food for two months.

Back in September, during a dinner rush and while a restaurant in Parma was short-staffed, Emily Russell, then the store manager, said she made and then remade an order for Rosemary Hayne.

Ms. Hayne was not satisfied with the final product. In a video shared widely online, she can be seen yelling at Ms. Russell before hurling the burrito bowl at her face.

“I didn’t expect it at all,” Ms. Russell, 26, said. “I just blinked and there was sour cream dripping from my hair.”

Judge Timothy Gilligan of Parma Municipal Court sentenced Ms. Hayne to 180 days in jail, with 90 days suspended, court records show.

The judge offered her a chance to reduce her sentence, with a catch — 60 of those days would be suspended if she worked 20 hours a week for eight and a half weeks (or 60 days) at a fast-food restaurant, said Joseph O’Malley, Ms. Hayne’s lawyer.

Ms. Hayne, 39, agreed to take the judge up on his offer, he said. She must complete her time as a fast-food worker by the time she reports to jail in March.

I bet she will be sh#tty at fast food service as she was a fast food customer.

Judge should have sentenced her to be a food server while locked up in the jail.
That way if she threw food in the face of one of the inmates.
She would get a beat down she'd never forget. .. :thup:

The minimum wage in Ohio is $10.10. Will she be getting paid?

Forum List

Back