Satellite data indicates sea levels rising faster than expected

There is a whole lot of money in saving the planet from global warming. Follow the money to find the truth.

I've got a better idea. Follow the evidence. The evidence says the ocean is rising and that that rise is accelerating. If there's money involved, it will show in the evidence. Got any?

Five islands made of volcanic material (Sands) which are subsiding around the old volcanic vent tubes as they collapse.. Its called Land Subsidence due to natural causes.. Not CAGW...

And this:

hansen-sea-level-rise.png

Is this all subsidence? Maybe the planet is shrinking.

There is a whole lot of money in saving the planet from global warming. Follow the money to find the truth.

I've got a better idea. Follow the evidence. The evidence says the ocean is rising and that that rise is accelerating. If there's money involved, it will show in the evidence. Got any?

Are you saying there is no money in global warming? Read this and then tell me you think scientist don't get paid to promote global warming.

There's Big Money in Global Warming Alarmism | The Stream

and yet you have never presented any of that evidence. Not like that hasn't ever been requested before right?

Five islands made of volcanic material (Sands) which are subsiding around the old volcanic vent tubes as they collapse.. Its called Land Subsidence due to natural causes.. Not CAGW...

And this:

hansen-sea-level-rise.png

Is this all subsidence? Maybe the planet is shrinking.
where is this data from? Again I point to areas of the globe that haven't seen any increase, Hawaii, Florida, Louisiana, California, Texas, and all of the NE shores, all of these states border the ocean and sea level rise ain't happened in over 30+ years. So exactly where does this rise in the chart take place at.

Oh, and then there's the picture of Guam that Frank has, and nothing there.

Deniers are crazy!

Seas Are Rising at Fastest Rate in Last 28 Centuries
The New York Times
By JUSTIN GILLIS
FEB. 22, 2016
(excerpts)
The worsening of tidal flooding in American coastal communities is largely a consequence of greenhouse gases from human activity, and the problem will grow far worse in coming decades, scientists reported Monday. Those emissions, primarily from the burning of fossil fuels, are causing the ocean to rise at the fastest rate since at least the founding of ancient Rome, the scientists said. They added that in the absence of human emissions, the ocean surface would be rising less rapidly and might even be falling. The increasingly routine tidal flooding is making life miserable in places like Miami Beach; Charleston, S.C.; and Norfolk, Va., even on sunny days.

Though these types of floods often produce only a foot or two of standing saltwater, they are straining life in many towns by killing lawns and trees, blocking neighborhood streets and clogging storm drains, polluting supplies of freshwater and sometimes stranding entire island communities for hours by overtopping the roads that tie them to the mainland. Such events are just an early harbinger of the coming damage, the new research suggests. “I think we need a new way to think about most coastal flooding,” said Benjamin H. Strauss, the primary author of one of two related studies released on Monday. “It’s not the tide. It’s not the wind. It’s us. That’s true for most of the coastal floods we now experience.

In the second study, scientists reconstructed the level of the sea over time and confirmed that it is most likely rising faster than at any point in 28 centuries, with the rate of increase growing sharply over the past century -- largely, they found, because of the warming that scientists have said is almost certainly caused by human emissions. They also confirmed previous forecasts that if emissions were to continue at a high rate over the next few decades, the ocean could rise as much as three or four feet by 2100. Experts say the situation would then grow far worse in the 22nd century and beyond, likely requiring the abandonment of many coastal cities.

....(Read more on website)

Deniers are crazy!

The New York Times
By JUSTIN GILLIS
FEB. 22, 2016
(excerpts)
The worsening of tidal flooding in American coastal communities is largely a consequence of greenhouse gases from human activity, and the problem will grow far worse in coming decades, scientists reported Monday. Those emissions, primarily from the burning of fossil fuels, are causing the ocean to rise at the fastest rate since at least the founding of ancient Rome, the scientists said. They added that in the absence of human emissions, the ocean surface would be rising less rapidly and might even be falling. The increasingly routine tidal flooding is making life miserable in places like Miami Beach; Charleston, S.C.; and Norfolk, Va., even on sunny days.

Though these types of floods often produce only a foot or two of standing saltwater, they are straining life in many towns by killing lawns and trees, blocking neighborhood streets and clogging storm drains, polluting supplies of freshwater and sometimes stranding entire island communities for hours by overtopping the roads that tie them to the mainland. Such events are just an early harbinger of the coming damage, the new research suggests. “I think we need a new way to think about most coastal flooding,” said Benjamin H. Strauss, the primary author of one of two related studies released on Monday. “It’s not the tide. It’s not the wind. It’s us. That’s true for most of the coastal floods we now experience.

In the second study, scientists reconstructed the level of the sea over time and confirmed that it is most likely rising faster than at any point in 28 centuries, with the rate of increase growing sharply over the past century -- largely, they found, because of the warming that scientists have said is almost certainly caused by human emissions. They also confirmed previous forecasts that if emissions were to continue at a high rate over the next few decades, the ocean could rise as much as three or four feet by 2100. Experts say the situation would then grow far worse in the 22nd century and beyond, likely requiring the abandonment of many coastal cities.

why can't you post an actual ocean that is rising? I mean to show flooded streets from a 12 inch downpour doesn't prove your sea rising statement. You know this right?

Deniers are crazy!

The New York Times
By JUSTIN GILLIS
FEB. 22, 2016
(excerpts)

why can't you post an actual ocean that is rising? I mean to show flooded streets from a 12 inch downpour doesn't prove your sea rising statement. You know this right?
You poor retard!

Sea-level rise claims five islands in Solomons: study

The evidence also shows it is NOT linear!!! Already posted up the link in this thread s0n!!!

fAiL:2up:

This is just another thing in climate science that they don't know shit about shit..........nobody knows the future of sea level rise..........

By problematic, I mean wrong. And by wrong I mean that by refusing to allow accelerated estimates of sea level rise, it explicitly ignores all the best available science and contradicts 130 millenia of historic precedent.

Understanding Sea Level Rise: Why a linear extrapolation is the least reasonable predictor of future changes

Operative phrase above is "best available science".:coffee: If it fits the narrative, the k00ks go with it.........100% of the time.:gay:

The religion would have us think it is a slam dunk its going to just rise.........

Forum List

Back