Satellite data indicates sea levels rising faster than expected

sealevelrisefall.jpg

Miami Underwater

Venice floods attributed to climate change

About the Impacts of Climate Change | The Nature Conservancy
====
Researchers found current rate of sea-level rise is roughly twice as much as any other period between ice ages.
Bikeman islet in Kiribati has essentially disappeared below the waves. Photo by Reuters.

Related images:

View more
Images may be subject to copyright.
Global warming photography and climate change science, weather ...
www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org
432 × 296Search by image
The acceleration of this rate is expected to continue, resulting in an estimated 30 or more inches (approaching a meter) of sea level rise by the end of the ...

Images may be subject to copyright.Send feedback
====
Sea Level Rise -- National Geographic
article-sea-level-rise_16648_600x450.jpg

====
Climate science: Rising tide
sealevel3.jpg

At a rate of 3mm per year times 100 years is 0.3 meters. Oops.

Oh....you poor imbecile, you're so stupid you missed the part about sea level rise accelerating.

As usual, many of the worst hit are the poorest and have the fewest resources.
Photographer Kadir van Lohuizen: When Paradise Becomes Hell ← Ochre
h_00053371.jpg.1600x1600_q85.jpg

h_00053380.jpg.1000x1000_q85.jpg

===

h_00053436.jpg.1000x1000_q85.jpg

Fiji
====

h_00053511.jpg.1000x1000_q85.jpg

The living room of 75-year-old Kathy Bartle in the United Kingdom. "I moved here 28 years ago, at that time I was told that my house would last at least another 40-60 years. Now I am only 34 meters from the ridge and at 11 meters I will be evacuated. I don't go to the sea, I don't want to see it. Often in the morning I have to put my paintings straight, because the waves banging the cliffs make my house shudder."

====

h_00053270.jpg.1000x1000_q85.jpg

Guna Yala is an autonomous indigenous region of Panama with a population of around 30,000 people.

Miami Underwater

Venice floods attributed to climate change

About the Impacts of Climate Change | The Nature Conservancy
====
Researchers found current rate of sea-level rise is roughly twice as much as any other period between ice ages.
Bikeman islet in Kiribati has essentially disappeared below the waves. Photo by Reuters.

Related images:

View more
Images may be subject to copyright.
Global warming photography and climate change science, weather ...
www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org
432 × 296Search by image
The acceleration of this rate is expected to continue, resulting in an estimated 30 or more inches (approaching a meter) of sea level rise by the end of the ...

Images may be subject to copyright.Send feedback
====
Sea Level Rise -- National Geographic
article-sea-level-rise_16648_600x450.jpg

====
Climate science: Rising tide
sealevel3.jpg
well tell you what, when you can post up a natural photo let me know. i don't need to see where weather caused floods. LOL. I knew you all didn't know or understand science. Nice fk'd up post.

BTW, here is Venice, hmmm doesn't look like high water to me.

venice-san-marco_2693_600x450.jpg

===

Fiji
====

The living room of 75-year-old Kathy Bartle in the United Kingdom. "I moved here 28 years ago, at that time I was told that my house would last at least another 40-60 years. Now I am only 34 meters from the ridge and at 11 meters I will be evacuated. I don't go to the sea, I don't want to see it. Often in the morning I have to put my paintings straight, because the waves banging the cliffs make my house shudder."

====

Guna Yala is an autonomous indigenous region of Panama with a population of around 30,000 people.
th

Where is the high water?

===

Fiji
====

====

th

Where is the high water?
Try and get more stupid than that, JustCrazy. (I bet you can't)

Last edited:
If sea levels rose, as expected, NYC would get heavy flooding all the time by now (~3 years ago)
Nope! Nobody predicted that "NYC would get heavy flooding all the time by now". That's another denier cult myth and strawman argument.

Sea levels are rising....
The rate of rise is accelerating....
Sea levels are rising faster than was predicted....
Coastal areas and cities ARE threatened....
Saying that 'if it hasn't happened yet, it won't' is just some really idiotic denial of reality....

If sea levels rose, as expected, NYC would get heavy flooding all the time by now (~3 years ago)
Nope! Nobody predicted that "NYC would get heavy flooding all the time by now". That's another denier cult myth and strawman argument.

Saying that 'if it hasn't happened yet, it won't' is just some really idiotic denial of reality....
Why New York City Flood Risk Is On The Rise

===

Fiji
====

====

Funny:

You post up an island that is KNOWN FOR ITS VOLCANIC SUBSIDENCE as proof of sea levels rising... I guess they are for that one small area as the volcanic matter is settling and the island is sinking..

I would be more worried about the volcano that is about to erupt... This subsidence process is one that generally precedes and eruption... (talking geological time scales)

This is some funny shit.

You must be thinking of your brain, TotallyNutsHalfwit

"give me your money. I will fix natural earth evolution"
Are you insane?

What "natural earth evolution"? The one you pulled out of your ass?

You poor anti-science nutjob!

Carbon Dioxide And Global Warming - How Do We Know?

And yet you can not provide the experiments which show exactly what man is responsible for and how it has actually affected the earth..

All you got is doom and gloom crapola and no credible science to back up anything you spew.

Nope! Nobody predicted that.....no climate scientists ever claimed that "NYC would get heavy flooding all the time by now". That's another denier cult myth and strawman argument.

ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?

The article you cited DOES NOT in any way support your earlier fraudulent claim that "NYC would get heavy flooding all the time by now".

On the contrary, your article talks about the fact that 'flooding risk is increasing'...not that 'it is already flooding'. The real title of the article is: "Why New York City Will Be Flooded More Often"...not ''it is already being flooded more often'. The article specifically says:

"Rising sea levels due to climate change is a big threat, research shows

Flood risk in New York City has increased in recent decades due to human-caused sea level rise and the related storm surge that occurs during cyclones, according to a new study. Climate change threatens to exacerbate the risk storms pose to the largest city in the United States.

Researchers, writing in the journal PNAS, evaluated sediment at different points along the shore in New Jersey to compare sea levels between 1970 and 2005 and sea levels between 850 and 1800. Prior to 1800, a flood that was 2.25 m (7.4 ft) above sea level occurred once every 500 years. Since 1970, a storm of that size occurs approximately every 24 years.

This is going from something you probably won’t see in your lifetime to something you may see several times in your lifetime,” said Andra Reed, a researcher at Penn State University."

Last edited:
This is some funny shit.
You must be thinking of your brain, TotallyNutsHalfwit

"give me your money. I will fix natural earth evolution"
Are you insane?

What "natural earth evolution"? The one you pulled out of your ass?

You poor anti-science nutjob!

And yet you can not provide the experiments which show exactly what man is responsible for and how it has actually affected the earth..

All you got is doom and gloom crapola and no credible science to back up anything you spew.
That's your very retarded, anti-science, denier cult myth that has no connection to the real world.

As I just posted....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back