Sarah Palin Shoots Wolves - Wow!

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Sarah Palin: Heartless Lawbreaker
Hello readers, I apologize for being very quiet of late. I've been watching and reading coverage of the DNC and the RNC, pondering "change" and "hope", starting the school year, getting the full rundown of teaching assistant instruction, etc.

There are a few things I would like to point out about "moose-hunting hockey mom" (what the heck kind of demographic is a hockey mom, anyway?) Sarah Palin. Namely, that she doesn't only like to shoot big, adorable, antlered critters.

Sarah Palin likes to shoot dogs from airplanes. Specifically, these dogs:

(What, you thought I was going to work a reference to Bristol Palin's pregnancy and Sarah Palin's determination to stick to her abstinence-only, wolf-killing guns? Nah, that would be a cheap shot, no more sporting than shooting a wolf from an airplane...)

OK, yes, the dogs in question are the wild conspecifics of our cuddly canine companions. (And I am being incorrect in referring to them as dogs, since dogs are the subspecies and wolves are the species. It got your attention though!)

But that doesn't change the matter of aerial hunting. Aerial hunting is cruel, unsporting, and just plain awful. Whole packs can be shot in a short amount of time, orphaning pups back at the den. They claim to do this to increase he

The Holophusicon: Sarah Palin: Heartless Lawbreaker

Check out this video:

Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Sarah Palin Supports Aerial Wolf Hunting; What Is It?

here. have a nice hot cup of who-gives-a-fuck. don't worry, there's plenty.

And we can always brew more.

Considering how tiny his mind is it shouldn't take too long for the thought to cross it that perhaps it helps encourage popultion growth of other animal species.; but maybe his mind it so narrow the thought lost its footing and fell to it doom.

If they were hunting them from the ground, okay. Maybe.

Shooting them from an airplane? Nothing more than murder.

You can't murder animals...they aren't people.

And you can't reach many remote parts of Alaska safely or otherwise on foot.

The point is, folks on the right, this makes as much sense as most of your attacks on Obama.

I guess you have to explain humor to a conservative.

It also isn't sport and if they need to control the population there are more humane ways of doing it.

If they were hunting them from the ground, okay. Maybe.

Shooting them from an airplane? Nothing more than murder.

Good luck with that, GayBiker. Shooting them from the ground is not only more difficult, you're more likely to injure instead of kill them.

This is about maintaining packs and environmental responsibility. You want to maintain these packs, suck it up and be a man.

The point is, folks on the right, this makes as much sense as most of your attacks on Obama.

It also isn't sport and if they need to control the population there are more humane ways of doing it.
this thread was meant as a joke?
hmm, you might want to work on your delivery

What's the punchline?

You gonna march your sorry butt into the middle of the Alaskan wilderness to trap and euthanize animals?

In the 1940s and 50s, widespread wolf control occurred through poisoning, bounties, and aerial shooting by federal agents. The first aerial shooting began in 1948 and was conducted, primarily by federal agents, until the late 1950s when aircraft became more common.

These efforts resulted in low wolf and bear populations and high populations of ungulates. However, poisoning and public aerial gunning are no longer viable options because they are illegal and unacceptable to a large majority of Alaskans.

Following statehood in 1959, one of the first actions of the legislature was to prohibit poisoning of predators. Shortly thereafter, bounties were stopped. In 1963, the Board of Fish and Game classified the wolf as a big game animal and a fur animal, the first official recognition of the wolf as a valuable species.

Aerial shooting of wolves by the public became common in the 1960s and was widespread from 1967 until early 1972. The department ceased issuing aerial shooting permits in 1972 after passage of the federal Airborne Hunting Act.

Historic Perspective of Wolf Management in Alaska, Alaska Department of Fish and Game Videos

It's pretty obvious to anyone who really reads into the background of the State of Alaska that Airborne Hunting in Wolves in Alaska is nothing new or is it considered something bad. If you live in a part of the world where these predators are not taking down your local moose population then it's hard to understand how or why someone would want to hunt these animals. Alaska is not like Kansas or for that matter Arizona, most of the state is wilderness and is only accessible by Air. so it follows that an Airborne method would work there.

Good luck with that, GayBiker. Shooting them from the ground is not only more difficult, you're more likely to injure instead of kill them.

No, Ali, shooting them from the ground, a stable platform, is actually better. It's easier to shoot and you could use a rifle which is more accurate. If you watched the video, you will see they use a shotgun and injure rather than kill the wolves many times.

But as I said, attacking her for shooting wolves makes as much sense as most of the attacks you make on Obama.

We don't deal with real issues anymore. We are looking for anything to throw against the wall and see if it sticks.

But as I said, attacking her for shooting wolves makes as much sense as most of the attacks you make on Obama...
Id Obama using the resources of gov't to attack wolves?

No, he's (ab)using the resources of gov't to attack dissenters.

No, Ali, shooting them from the ground, a stable platform, is actually better. It's easier to shoot and you could use a rifle which is more accurate. If you watched the video, you will see they use a shotgun and injure rather than kill the wolves many times.

But as I said, attacking her for shooting wolves makes as much sense as most of the attacks you make on Obama.

We don't deal with real issues anymore. We are looking for anything to throw against the wall and see if it sticks.
then why do you perpetuate it, ray?

Forum List

Back