McCain Now Wishes He’d Never Selected Sarah Palin As His 2008 Running Mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5aefdb8d1e000044008e4a24.jpeg

The Arizona senator says he ignored his gut on that one.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) reportedly wishes he had never picked former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) as a running mate for his unsuccessful 2008 presidential campaign.

According to The New York Times, McCain had considered Joe Lieberman, then an independent senator from Connecticut, for the job of vice president. However, advisors warned against picking the longtime member of the Democratic Party who still caucused with them.

“It was sound advice that I could reason for myself,” McCain wrote in his upcoming autobiography, “The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights and Other Appreciations,” per the Times. “But my gut told me to ignore it and I wish I had.”

In an upcoming HBO documentary, McCain described his decision to not select Lieberman as “another mistake that I made.”

More: John McCain Now Wishes He'd Never Selected Sarah Palin As His 2008 Running Mate

McCain should have taken that mistake to his grave. Why hurt Palin's feelings now? What do you think?

How many times is this topic going to be posted? You are supposed to check for other threads on the topic. There are several.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back