Santorum set to win big tonight/can he do anything with it?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
He won Missouri by a 2 to 1 margin. Looks as if he could pull off similar wins in both Colorado and Minnesota. Granted Missouri doesn't give delegates till later this spring.

Can Santorum translate these sizeable victories into a serious contender status? Hillary in 08 comes to mind when it appeared she was the defacto nominee only to have Obama storm out of nowhere and leave her behind.

Super Tuesday has a LARGE southern state vote which could bode very well for him based on tonights results.

Or is this all a big ole waste of time and money? I think it gives him a shot...what say you?

Who knows. It might get some of these blind followers of Newt thinking clearly again. (and with that comment I am not saying all Newt followers are blind. There have just been more lately than usual).

I can support Romney or Santorum. The others Id have problems with. But I think if we are going to look at this as a two man race, those should be the two we look at. Polls have indicated that Santorum would do better in a match up with Romney. So who knows.

He won Missouri by a 2 to 1 margin. Looks as if he could pull off similar wins in both Colorado and Minnesota. Granted Missouri doesn't give delegates till later this spring.

Can Santorum translate these sizeable victories into a serious contender status? Hillary in 08 comes to mind when it appeared she was the defacto nominee only to have Obama storm out of nowhere and leave her behind.

Super Tuesday has a LARGE southern state vote which could bode very well for him based on tonights results.

Or is this all a big ole waste of time and money? I think it gives him a shot...what say you?

No.

Here is how the White House looks at it:

Romney, ideal opponent: Out of touch, no message, tone deaf but tons of money; sounds Presidential.

Gingrich, dream opponent: Total fiasco of a person from top to bottom, but capable of stirring already dim people into a frenzy. Could be lethal if the spin cycle is still going during the balloting on 11/6.

Santorum, fantasy opponent: No charisma, no support outside of his family, to the right of Edi Amin. Total lightweight.

Who knows. It might get some of these blind followers of Newt thinking clearly again. (and with that comment I am not saying all Newt followers are blind. There have just been more lately than usual).

I can support Romney or Santorum. The others Id have problems with. But I think if we are going to look at this as a two man race, those should be the two we look at. Polls have indicated that Santorum would do better in a match up with Romney. So who knows.

I like Santorum. He is my second preference after Ron Paul, but much better than Newt and infinitely better than Romney.

Amd Santorum can actually win due to being able to contrast himself to Obama, unlike Romeny who depends on millions of dollars of PAC money and smearing his opposition into the dirt to win.

Romney wont be able to do that to Obama as everything reflects back his own record in Massachusettes.

no surprise in Minnesota being it leans Democratic, Missouri isn't a major swing state, Colorado is the real test. I like both Santorum and Romney, but still have a gut feeling Romney will win in the end, and if he does, lets hope Romney puts Santorum on the cabinet, that will give him a major boost ( I want McDonnel as VP !!!}

Amd Santorum can actually win due to being able to contrast himself to Obama

Hmm. Obama is in favour of adult women being allowed to exercise their right as free people to use birth control.

Santorum is against that.

I'd love to hear how that contrast will help Santorum.

I seriously doubt that the hot topic of this week will bare any fruit for anyone 8 months from now.

Mitt and Paul are by far the most electable because they have appeal outside of the hard core racist, bigoted or just vote red Republicans. Santorum has more appeal that Newt but he is still incredibly bigoted and religious in ways that will divide and inspire many to re vote for Obama as most people see o gain with Santorum in office.

I see all of this as a huge loss coming to Republicans in the GE. Mitt is very, incredibly weak and has no true support. Newt inspires the most ignorant of the party while alienating anyone that is not a "FUCK LIBERALS" voter. Santorum I covered and Paul is ignored.

As I have said before, I don’t care that Paul will more than likely not win, I want Gary Johnson to ask Paul to be his VP, then I want the Republican party to lose by a fucking massive landslide. It’s time to get rid of all the progressive liberals in this party, even if you literally have to breed them out and push so long that the worthless “vote red” part of the party has time die of old age.

Things are going as planed IMO, there is hope... Progressives get to drag the nation so far down that we either collpase, or we finally elect a real conservative.

Amd Santorum can actually win due to being able to contrast himself to Obama

Hmm. Obama is in favour of adult women being allowed to exercise their right as free people to use birth control.

Santorum is against that.

I'd love to hear how that contrast will help Santorum.

I seriously doubt that the hot topic of this week will bare any fruit for anyone 8 months from now.

Yeah, see, that's your problem. You think women will vote in large numbers for a guy who would happily see them all raise a rapist's baby.

now we have to wonder if some on the right will suggest a Romney/Santorum ticket,,,,and remember when in August they were contemplating a Perry/Bachmann ticket?

God, I hope so. It would guarantee four more years of Obama.

Indeed, hence the pointlessness of the thread.

Amd Santorum can actually win due to being able to contrast himself to Obama…

Win how? The only contrast to Obama provided by Santorum is he's a radical rightwing extremist.

In order for a republican candidate to win he’ll need a significant number of independents and democrats who voted for Obama in 2008 to vote for the republican candidate; that won’t happen with Romney and that certainly wouldn’t be the case with Santorum.

Democrats and independents elect presidents, not far right republicans.

God, I hope so. It would guarantee four more years of Obama.

Indeed, hence the pointlessness of the thread.

Amd Santorum can actually win due to being able to contrast himself to Obama…

Win how? The only contrast to Obama provided by Santorum is he's a radical rightwing extremist.

In order for a republican candidate to win he’ll need a significant number of independents and democrats who voted for Obama in 2008 to vote for the republican candidate; that won’t happen with Romney and that certainly wouldn’t be the case with Santorum.

Democrats and independents elect presidents, not far right republicans.

The only thing pointless in this thread is your self righteous attitude prick.

Neg for being a complete douche.

And just to be clear, I started this thread in a nonpartisan non hateful none spiteful manner. Yet you deem it worthless as compared to the dozens of idiotic hate filled threads that are started daily BY BOTH SIDES.

Fuck you

Last edited:
Hopefully Santorum will be able to do SOMETHING with this.

On a side note: I just heard Romney say he's the only candidate that hasn't served any time in Washington and therefore is the only one not corrupted by Washington culture.

...Liberal Massachusetts culture doesn't sound much better to me... just sayin'.

Forum List

Back