Sandy VS Katrina

it's always fun to watch the passive aggressive types flail.

I don't see that on the list...

Strawman Fallacy
Fallacy of the Excluded Middle
Hasty Generalization
Argument from Ignorance
Argument from Authority
Ad Hominem
Slippery Slope
Single Cause Fallacy
Association Fallacy
Argumentum Ad Populum
Appeal to Fear/Emotion
Confirmation Bias

Sandy - Cat1 Hurricane (Tropical storm strength at land fall)
Katrina - Cat5 Hurricane (Cat3 at landfall)

Sandy - Sustained winds 80mph at landfall
Katrina - Sustained winds 125mph at landfall

Sandy - 55 mph winds 170 miles from the center
Katrina - 85 mph winds 120 miles from the center.

Sandy is hitting a metropolitian area of some 12 million people.

Katrina hit a metropolitian area of less than 2 million.

But it is nice to compare how pro-active President Obama is being compared to the indifference of President Bush, eh?

(This is what you are really upset about, right?)

Well, the post mortem for this storm really needs to wait for a few months. However, for the preperations, it does seem that Katrina is a lesson in how it should not be done, at all levels, and Sandy, thus far, seems to be how one should do it.

Sandy was a much weaker storm than Katrina. It's danger was in that it was so big, it lasted a very long time and it joined with two other storms.

But that's not the only difference. The major difference (aside from a democrat governor who was determined to increase the misery and blame Bush) is that the affected in New Orleans was black. There is no comparison in anything about Sandy to the sight of tens of thousands of black people waiting to be taken care of.

oh... has fauxnews already told you how to make excuses for the fact that this president is going to do so much better a job of disaster relief than baby bush did?

nice.

i love watching the excuse factory as it starts up.

You've fallen off the sidewalk. Call a lawyer.

Sandy is all encompassing and affects a lot of major cities along the coast. 7 million people were without power this morning. Here in Ohio people are without power and we have snow, ice and rain in various parts of the state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened in New Jersey and other Eastern States is horrible but not unexpected. Our nation has suffered from hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, droughts and conflagration in the past, and will in the future. Not state is immune from natural disaster.

For over a decade now we have heard from a segment of our population that government is too intrusive and usurps authority in areas which is not authorized by our Constitution. Governor Christy of New Jersey, a favorite of the far right seemed to be the poster boy for this ideological base on the fringe of the Republican Party.

Today Gov. Christy is faced with maybe the worst crisis in his states history and now understands - it seems - that ideology went out the window with the winds of Sandy, washed out the drain with the floods she brought, and left him by necessity a pragmatist. His leadership - and he is a natural leader - will be tested over the days and weeks to come, and while I'm opposed to much of what he preaches, I'm rooting for him to rally the citizens of the Garden State and to rebuild with the help of other states and the federal government.

Sandy/Irene - Federal government fully engaged, minimal loss of life, quick recoveries. Conservatives upset.
Katrina - Federal government says "You're on your own". Over 1200 Americans dead. Conservatives cheer.

That's strange, I could have SWORN that every governor in every affected state said "The order is to evacuate. If you stay you are on your own."

Well, the post mortem for this storm really needs to wait for a few months. However, for the preperations, it does seem that Katrina is a lesson in how it should not be done, at all levels, and Sandy, thus far, seems to be how one should do it.

Yeah, I even loved Chris Christie, he looked wet like he had been out filling sand bags and bitching and moaning about his mayor. He was so funny.

Katrina - Major damage in 2 states

Sandy - Major damage in 14 states

Sandy is affecting many more people. After looking at so many pictures, it just makes you want to cry. So many people have lost so much. It can all be rebuilt, but some things will never be the same for some. Water damage is usually devastating and that is what Sandy brought, tons of water. Unfortunately, many probably are uninsured or under-insured and will never recoup their losses.

Sandy is a pussy storm. The only reason it's a problem is because it's on the east coast where they aren't prepared for storms.And the flooding? Pffft...big whoop. Pump the shit out and go about your business.
90 MPH winds are a joke.
Katrina had the same problem. The dumb fucks live in a bowl !! What else would you expect except flooding?
If Sandy hit the gulf coast anywhere but NO it would be considered a minor nuisance and barely news worthy.
It hits NY or NO and "it's the end of the world as we know it" and I feel fine.

oh... has fauxnews already told you how to make excuses for the fact that this president is going to do so much better a job of disaster relief than baby bush did?

nice.

i love watching the excuse factory as it starts up.

I was WONDERING what the OP was about....now I see it too.

Sandy was a much weaker storm than Katrina. It's danger was in that it was so big, it lasted a very long time and it joined with two other storms.

But that's not the only difference. The major difference (aside from a democrat governor who was determined to increase the misery and blame Bush) is that the affected in New Orleans was black. There is no comparison in anything about Sandy to the sight of tens of thousands of black people waiting to be taken care of.

There are no black people in the Northeast affected by the storm? (I see you've never heard of Newark, N.J.)

:lol:

Sandy is a pussy storm. The only reason it's a problem is because it's on the east coast where they aren't prepared for storms.And the flooding? Pffft...big whoop. Pump the shit out and go about your business.
90 MPH winds are a joke.
Katrina had the same problem. The dumb fucks live in a bowl !! What else would you expect except flooding?
If Sandy hit the gulf coast anywhere but NO it would be considered a minor nuisance and barely news worthy.
It hits NY or NO and "it's the end of the world as we know it" and I feel fine.

Salt water and electronics and metal are not a good combo. Guess you didn't know that one.

Sandy is hitting a metropolitian area of some 12 million people.

Katrina hit a metropolitian area of less than 2 million.

But it is nice to compare how pro-active President Obama is being compared to the indifference of President Bush, eh?

(This is what you are really upset about, right?)

Again, I said nothing about presidential reaction, or about being upset.
I merely posted some facts.
Why did you jump to that conclusion?

Forum List

Back