Sandy VS Katrina

sadist like batboy/ mountainman/alan1 just enjoy the suffering.....that is why he is looking forward to the pics of the suffering....

plus being a total fucking idiot....he leaves out the effects of the jet stream and the nor' easter.....you cant just quote the hurricane stats what fucking idiot in all ways

stupid and sadistic is not a good combo

oh brother..
TWO very different storms...Not anyone's fault the PEOPLE didn't listen to EVAUATE New Orleans..Yet you people will take away from the great rescue effort for the people that Nagin LEFT BEHIND..You really are a partisan hack

I think Nagin, Bush and whoever the governor was at that time share equal amounts of the blame for the clusterfuck that was Katrina.

That said, Bush was president. He sat on his ranch until it was too late. He put a guy who ran Horse Shows in charge of FEMA.

Keeping in mind, I used to try to make excuses for this idiot back in 2005, and it wasn't easy, because there was no excuse for a lot of it.

Sandy is a worse storm because it's hitting a more densely populated area, and an area where they don't have things built to withstand these kinds of storms.

yeah yeah, OBAMA be the man he be looking out for us, thank the heavens above

i just cant wait to see fema trailers all over manhatten

or the jersey shore.......80 houses burned...the devastation is beyond belief.....

but so far we dont have 'refugees'

oh brother..
TWO very different storms...Not anyone's fault the PEOPLE didn't listen to EVAUATE New Orleans..Yet you people will take away from the great rescue effort for the people that Nagin LEFT BEHIND..You really are a partisan hack

I think Nagin, Bush and whoever the governor was at that time share equal amounts of the blame for the clusterfuck that was Katrina.

That said, Bush was president. He sat on his ranch until it was too late. He put a guy who ran Horse Shows in charge of FEMA.

Keeping in mind, I used to try to make excuses for this idiot back in 2005, and it wasn't easy, because there was no excuse for a lot of it.

Sandy is a worse storm because it's hitting a more densely populated area, and an area where they don't have things built to withstand these kinds of storms.

Staph, you 'Conservatives' have a real problem here. The President and the Governors are doing a very good job under very severe circumstances. They are working to make government at all levels work efficiently in getting aid to those that need it in this National Emergency. In other words, government is working. A reality that you 'Conservatives' just cannot accept.

I applaud all those at all levels of government, all those citizens that are not in government, but donating their time and effort for the benefit of their fellow citizens that have seen their lives so severely disrupted by this storm. And do not forget the utility workers that will be working around the clock to restore the services that we so depend on. They may be recieiving pay, but the danger they face, and the hours that they will put in cannot be paid for in real terms.

Thus far, I think we are seeing America at it's best in a very difficult situation.

Staph, you 'Conservatives' have a real problem here. The President and the Governors are doing a very good job under very severe circumstances. They are working to make government at all levels work efficiently in getting aid to those that need it in this National Emergency. In other words, government is working. A reality that you 'Conservatives' just cannot accept.

I applaud all those at all levels of government, all those citizens that are not in government, but donating their time and effort for the benefit of their fellow citizens that have seen their lives so severely disrupted by this storm. And do not forget the utility workers that will be working around the clock to restore the services that we so depend on. They may be recieiving pay, but the danger they face, and the hours that they will put in cannot be paid for in real terms.

Thus far, I think we are seeing America at it's best in a very difficult situation.

No dilemma for me, I'm responding to all these threads posted here by your hateful liberal buddies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened in New Jersey and other Eastern States is horrible but not unexpected. Our nation has suffered from hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, droughts and conflagration in the past, and will in the future. Not state is immune from natural disaster.

For over a decade now we have heard from a segment of our population that government is too intrusive and usurps authority in areas which is not authorized by our Constitution. Governor Christy of New Jersey, a favorite of the far right seemed to be the poster boy for this ideological base on the fringe of the Republican Party.

Today Gov. Christy is faced with maybe the worst crisis in his states history and now understands - it seems - that ideology went out the window with the winds of Sandy, washed out the drain with the floods she brought, and left him by necessity a pragmatist. His leadership - and he is a natural leader - will be tested over the days and weeks to come, and while I'm opposed to much of what he preaches, I'm rooting for him to rally the citizens of the Garden State and to rebuild with the help of other states and the federal government.

There is nothing wrong with accepting help from the federal government in times like this, its what it is there for. The issue happens when state and local level people expect the federal governrment to do thier job for them. That is what happened in Louisiana. Christie hit the ground running, as did Cuomo and Malloy, they got everything rolling first, and let the federal level people (the senators) worry about getting federal aid paid for.

sadist like batboy/ mountainman/alan1 just enjoy the suffering.....that is why he is looking forward to the pics of the suffering....

plus being a total fucking idiot....he leaves out the effects of the jet stream and the nor' easter.....you cant just quote the hurricane stats what fucking idiot in all ways

stupid and sadistic is not a good combo

This has actually happened not to long ago, it just happened out to sea.

1991 Perfect Storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sandy - Cat1 Hurricane (Tropical storm strength at land fall)
Katrina - Cat5 Hurricane (Cat3 at landfall)

Sandy - Sustained winds 80mph at landfall
Katrina - Sustained winds 125mph at landfall

Sandy - 55 mph winds 170 miles from the center
Katrina - 85 mph winds 120 miles from the center.

170 plus 170 equals 900?

Sandy, at 900 Miles Wide, Batters the East Coast - Businessweek

Yes, it was over 900 miles wide, but 55 mph sustained winds extended 170 miles from the center, not 450 miles from the center.
Try to keep up.

why dont you try to keep up and factor in the low pressure that pullled the surge up and the nor easter.....funny you being the sloth of the board telling someone else to keep up....

what no sadistic videos to watch?

There is no wail arising from the damage Sandy caused like there was when Katrina hit, because those affected by Sandy lived along the shore line. Not in shacks, but multimillion dollar beach homes. The 80 homes that were burned were upper middle class. Most of the victims are white. They aren't likely to pluck a chord of sympathy. They are the most qualified to pick things up and start again.

There is no wail arising from the damage Sandy caused like there was when Katrina hit, because those affected by Sandy lived along the shore line. Not in shacks, but multimillion dollar beach homes. The 80 homes that were burned were upper middle class. Most of the victims are white. They aren't likely to pluck a chord of sympathy. They are the most qualified to pick things up and start again.

The other big thing is they were evacuated successfully. Of the NYC fatalities, not one was from the fire.

Where are those EBT cards someone must want a lap dance? When does the methadone truck show up?

Forum List

Back