Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
Laws are just words anyway, and don't excuse us of any responsibility. In this picture you can see MY AR. One of them anyway. It takes 20 seconds to pull that pin. So a hood rat, vatoloco, or trailer trash may steal my shit, they will be bummed when they drop the hammer and it only go's "click". Simply locking them in the closet won't do.
20160425_135015_zpsknpudjn2.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

Being able to sue people who didn't do anything is setting a HUGE precedent.
If I get hit by a drunk driver, you goddamn right I am about to sue Jim Beam and chevy. Their SOLE purposes are to be driven and get drunk.
You limp wristed statists are a DRAIN to our country.
No.
Fuckin.
Shit.

Dependent upon the limitations of this, it might be a good thing, or it could be a very bad thing. If this is a case where gun manufacturers and gun sellers become open to civil suits every time someone is killed by a gun, then we have a big problem. On the other hand, if lawsuits are limited to cases where there was true negligence on the part of the seller or manufacturer, then this would make sense. It seems to me that sellers are the ones who will need to show the most caution, as selling a gun to someone with a criminal record who is not permitted to buy or own a gun, or to someone who was just released from the loony bin, is where this will play out the most.

What "negligence" are you referring to?

Being able to sue people who didn't do anything is setting a HUGE precedent.
If I get hit by a drunk driver, you goddamn right I am about to sue Jim Beam and chevy. Their SOLE purposes are to be driven and get drunk.
You limp wristed statists are a DRAIN to our country.
No.
Fuckin.
Shit.

Dependent upon the limitations of this, it might be a good thing, or it could be a very bad thing. If this is a case where gun manufacturers and gun sellers become open to civil suits every time someone is killed by a gun, then we have a big problem. On the other hand, if lawsuits are limited to cases where there was true negligence on the part of the seller or manufacturer, then this would make sense. It seems to me that sellers are the ones who will need to show the most caution, as selling a gun to someone with a criminal record who is not permitted to buy or own a gun, or to someone who was just released from the loony bin, is where this will play out the most.

What "negligence" are you referring to?

It's pretty difficult to see how you would get negligence on the part of the manufacturer, but it is very easy to see how you could have negligence on the part of a seller.

so adam would have got them from someone else....

The guy had no job, no money, and frankly, probably would have looked just seedy enough to make even most gun dealers look at him twice.

But I'd be all for suing whoever gave him a gun.
gun dealer?....the dealer im talking about sells out of the trunk of his car....

One of the problems is that many times good people who own guns become bad people when something sets them off.
That's ludicrous straw man fallacy, guns don't make people turn bad...or else they would kill with other weapons

I didn't say the gun made them turn bad, but what do you do when a law abiding citizen who has never committed a crime decides to shoot his entire family? This happens quite frequently.

it also exists in the minds of those who blindly put corporate profits over concerns for public safety.

And THAT is what this is really all about. Its why the NRA has paid so much money to R congress slime.

It is astounding that all these people put corporate profit over the lives of children but that's what they care about.

There are 310 million guns in the United States, hundreds of millions more in the rest of the world. And you're going to keep them from criminals how exactly?

You're the ones murdering children, all you do is prevent people from protecting themselves. Honest citizens follow the law. The funny thing about criminals is they don't follow the law. You didn't see that one coming. But there was a hint. They are criminals ...

One of the problems is that many times good people who own guns become bad people when something sets them off.
That's ludicrous straw man fallacy, guns don't make people turn bad...or else they would kill with other weapons

I didn't say the gun made them turn bad, but what do you do when a law abiding citizen who has never committed a crime decides to shoot his entire family? This happens quite frequently.

Someone who murders his own family was never "good people."

And your thought that not having a gun means they give up and don't kill their family is based on what exactly?

Nothing. It has nothing to do with any guns I may own.

And no, it does not happen frequently.

And your thought that not having a gun means they give up and don't kill their family is based on what exactly?

It means it's not as easy for them to do it. Here is a simple fact that gun lovers refuse to admit. Countries that do not allow guns have much much lower homicide rates than we do in the US. That is just a fact that cannot be ignored. More guns equate to more deaths.

it also exists in the minds of those who blindly put corporate profits over concerns for public safety.

And THAT is what this is really all about. Its why the NRA has paid so much money to R congress slime.

It is astounding that all these people put corporate profit over the lives of children but that's what they care about.

There are 310 million guns in the United States, hundreds of millions more in the rest of the world. And you're going to keep them from criminals how exactly?

You're the ones murdering children, all you do is prevent people from protecting themselves. Honest citizens follow the law. The funny thing about criminals is they don't follow the law. You didn't see that one coming. But there was a hint. They are criminals ...

Societies that do not allow guns have a much smaller problem with criminals getting guns. Sure, they can in some cases, but it is very difficult.

It means it's not as easy for them to do it. Here is a simple fact that gun lovers refuse to admit. Countries that do not allow guns have much much lower homicide rates than we do in the US. That is just a fact that cannot be ignored. More guns equate to more deaths.

There are so many factors to that. To just say guns and run away is ridiculous. For example, homogeneous societies have fewer conflicts. You want to get rid of everyone who'd different? As more and more foreigners integrate into Europe, their crime rates are going up even though they have strict gun restrictions.

And now you're going to get rid of the 310 million guns that are already here? How you gonna do that? And how are you going to stop trafficers from bringing in guns just like they import mass amounts of drugs?

You haven't thought any of this through

Societies that do not allow guns have a much smaller problem with criminals getting guns. Sure, they can in some cases, but it is very difficult.

So you want to be a police State? How'd that work out for France and Belgium?

No, I'm suggesting that feel good gun control laws won't prevent maniacs from killing people. You want to punish innocent people for the crimes of others. There's also the fact that gun control won't prevent people from getting those guns for the same reason drug laws don't prevent people from getting drugs. All it will do is create a boon for the black market. Criminals will profit rather than legitimate businesses that employ people and pay taxes. Your solution doesn't fix the problem; it just makes other problems worse.

Your example actually works AGAINST you......Following your logic, marijuana and opiates SHOULD BE legalized so that there won't be a black market on such drugs.....

Gun manufacturers sought and got (paid for) laws to prevent them being sued.....there must have been a "reason" for such preventive insurance, don't you think?

Inevitably, gun proponents and the NRA will claim that the latest ruling allowing families of the Sandy Hook massacre of children, is a ridiculous ruling.....They will follow up with various scenarios that were someone to be killed by a knife or a rope, that knives and rope manufacturers could ALSO be sued....but when making such comparisons they show both their prejudices and downright stupidity.

Guns are manufactured virtually SOLELY for the purpose of killing....whereas knives or ropes have much different purposes and the flooding of some high-crime areas with weapons whose main purpose is killing of maiming is totally unacceptable.

This ruling is a small but necessary first step toward restoring sanity. The Sandy Hook massacre could not have been as lethal with knives or ropes. Let us join the rest of the sane, and progressive world community where those weapons (mostly made for military purposes) do NOT make their way into deranged and evil hands.
The anti-Constitutional stance of the left on clear display for all to see.

Anyone with a double digit IQ or the ability to think for themselves knows what this is about.

Inevitably, gun proponents and the NRA will claim that the latest ruling allowing families of the Sandy Hook massacre of children, is a ridiculous ruling.....They will follow up with various scenarios that were someone to be killed by a knife or a rope, that knives and rope manufacturers could ALSO be sued....but when making such comparisons they show both their prejudices and downright stupidity.

Guns are manufactured virtually SOLELY for the purpose of killing....whereas knives or ropes have much different purposes and the flooding of some high-crime areas with weapons whose main purpose is killing of maiming is totally unacceptable.

This ruling is a small but necessary first step toward restoring sanity. The Sandy Hook massacre could not have been as lethal with knives or ropes. Let us join the rest of the sane, and progressive world community where those weapons (mostly made for military purposes) do NOT make their way into deranged and evil hands.

Let us join the sane and laugh when this ruling is thrown out.

Forum List

Back