Sanctions on Russia

Well Europe wanted the Ukraine for the EU. Now despite the Ukraine's huge debts off the coast of Crimea is a huge resource called black gold. Oil. Exxon and BP were negotiating terms with the Ukraine when the western backed coup took place.

So of course losing Crimea was a huge blow that pissed off the EU and the IMF because now they are left with a truly dysfunctional government and economy.

NATO is angry that they haven't been able to move right into Russia's back yard which they have been desperately wanting to do for decades. Oh they wanted Putin's ports he was leasing in Crimea so bad they could taste it.

Too bad. So sad. NATO's not getting them. So consequently NATO is pissed off BUT loving the confrontation. If you do a little research into the new head of NATO you will realize his desire is for more conflict because more conflict gives him a bigger budget to work with to overhaul the organization.

As for the US I've yet to figure out why we had to overthrow the duly elected President and government of the Ukraine. I'm of Ukrainian descent and I am royally pissed off. This is a bi partisan rant here. My conservative PM Harper was in like flint on this bullshit. And I've been with the Conservative party since they formed in the 90's.

It's outrageous that Harper/Cameron/Obama and all of the EU handed over the Ukraine to a bunch of thugs.

And I don't know about you but I elected my government to run my country and keep their noses out of everyone elses.

I want my government to fix pot holes in my country. I'm angry and very angry with this new Western government banty strutting rooster routine interfering all over the globe.

In summation, why is the west so angry with Putin? Their coup caused Crimea to turn to Putin and they are left with the garbage that is known as the government in Kiev.

Putin must be doing something right because there are no sanctions. The public was told there were sanctions, but there were no sanctions.

WASHINGTON: U.S. sales to Russia have only risen since sanctions imposed | Europe | McClatchy DC

WASHINGTON — In the months since the United States imposed sanctions on Russian businesses and close associates of President Vladimir Putin’s, an odd thing has happened: U.S. exports to Russia have risen.

U.S. Census Bureau foreign trade data show that exports rose 17 percent from March through May _ the most recent months for which the data is available _ compared with the previous three months, before sanctions were imposed.

The EU won't even go along with pretend sanctions.

Yeah, that's brilliant. Throw sanctions at Russia without a scintilla of evidence that they or their drunken lackeys shot the plane down!

Yeah, that's brilliant. Throw sanctions at Russia without a scintilla of evidence that they or their drunken lackeys shot the plane down!

That's not what happened. obama needed something to focus public attention on instead of his destruction of the country. He used the plane crash and the civil war in Ukraine to fixate on Russia. He gave speeches in which he said he was imposing sanctions. There were no sanctions. Either there never were any sanctions, or the presidunces word means so little no one is abiding by sanctions. Not even Americans.

Sanctions were in place before MH 17. They were put in place over the invasion of Crimea and introduction of Russian manpower and military equipment into eastern Ukraine.
The sanctions only targeted specific areas of the economy and are designed to increase of decrease according to cooperation and negotiated progress. There was and continues to be an increase in business in areas that are not targeted but known to be included or probably included on future targeted products and services. For example, it was known weapons would be on the list and so that caused large orders of weapons like AK-47's to be ordered before to sanctions against weapons took effect.
In the meantime, Russian billionaires on the sanctions list are very unhappy that their private jets, yachts, Rolls Royce's and other expensive cars have been confiscated by the US GOV. They can not even visit their multi million dollar penthouses and estates because those too have been confiscated.

Last edited:

Looking at those that had the most to gain, in terms of publicity, points to Ukraine, actually. And if it was separatists, where did the launch knowledge originate? As time goes on, the picture becomes cloudy. No source states the area from which the missile was fired was under control of solely the rebels.

^^Do you mean the sarcasm in my question? I don't presume that Putin is wonderful, but a lot of people here seem to think so, which is why I am asking the question. Do the people here who like Putin think the US and the EU are wrong in their assessment of the situation in the Ukraine? Is so, why do they think that? I think most got the implication of my question, despite the sarcasm.

Outta stay out of this. Sanctions started WWII with Japan afterall. Start strangling a country's oil or energy supplies and they have to attack. Unlike Japan, Russsia would wipe the floor with the US. We can't even beat goat herders with AKs and scounged weapons. Nevermind a modern military. And unlike Iraq and Afganistan America tolerated mostly because it was "over there" Russia could easily bring a fight to our shores. Even a strictly conventional war would devastate the US.

Ukraine IS Russia or near enough no one outside Russia and Ukraine would be able to tell you the difference. Ask yourselves how trying to get Arabs to stop killing each other's been working out for us. Time the US gave up trying to be Officer Krumke all over the place.

The EU and US finally decided Putin had gone to far when he broke long standing international laws, treaties and norms by invading Crimea with poorly disguised Russian mercenary troops and flooded the both Crimea and the eastern regions of Ukraine with bags of money along with weapons and organized so called "separatist groups". To this day the groups are led by not Ukrainian Russian speaking people, but by "former" Russian military officers with Russian citizenship and Russian citizens who happen to be veterans of specific Russian military units (Cossak Dons, Vostok Battalion).
Russia invaded Ukraine. They are still occupying a portion of it and each time the Ukrainians make progress in pushing them out, the Russian send in more troops and more deadly weapons. They escalated the weapons to the point where they were and are supplying anti aircraft weapons whose sales are outlawed to non government forces and making them in violation of numerous agreements treaties and international laws

Outta stay out of this. Sanctions started WWII with Japan afterall. Start strangling a country's oil or energy supplies and they have to attack. Unlike Japan, Russsia would wipe the floor with the US. We can't even beat goat herders with AKs and scounged weapons. Nevermind a modern military. And unlike Iraq and Afganistan America tolerated mostly because it was "over there" Russia could easily bring a fight to our shores. Even a strictly conventional war would devastate the US.

Ukraine IS Russia or near enough no one outside Russia and Ukraine would be able to tell you the difference. Ask yourselves how trying to get Arabs to stop killing each other's been working out for us. Time the US gave up trying to be Officer Krumke all over the place.

Russia will never go to war with the EU or the US. That is not going to happen. It's a diplomatic standoff.

It's not like Ukrain and Crimea are France or something. They're been part of the former USSR and seems they're gonna be again. This isn't outrage over who Russia invaded so much as resistance to a new USSR.

It's not like Ukrain and Crimea are France or something. They're been part of the former USSR and seems they're gonna be again. This isn't outrage over who Russia invaded so much as resistance to a new USSR.

Ukrainians are not Russians. Vikings settled the Dnieper and were called Uke's. They eventually moved west and settled the area of Moscow where they mixed with Asians that lived in and controlled that area. Russians come from Ukrainians, not the other way around. Ukrainians trace their heritage to Sweden, Denmark, Norway and mixed with Poles. Belu's and Baltic's while Russia came from Mongol's. One is pure European while the other is mongol.

Looking at those that had the most to gain, in terms of publicity, points to Ukraine, actually. And if it was separatists, where did the launch knowledge originate? As time goes on, the picture becomes cloudy. No source states the area from which the missile was fired was under control of solely the rebels.

Yes, I know. I stated as much in a previous thread.

The presstitutes in the NY Times wasted no time with their hit piece.

They took the narrative and restated it time and time again so the narrative becomes the truth and the foreign policy interests of the U.S. can be obliged.

The EU and US finally decided Putin had gone to far when he broke long standing international laws, treaties and norms by invading Crimea with poorly disguised Russian mercenary troops and flooded the both Crimea and the eastern regions of Ukraine with bags of money along with weapons and organized so called "separatist groups". To this day the groups are led by not Ukrainian Russian speaking people, but by "former" Russian military officers with Russian citizenship and Russian citizens who happen to be veterans of specific Russian military units (Cossak Dons, Vostok Battalion).
Russia invaded Ukraine. They are still occupying a portion of it and each time the Ukrainians make progress in pushing them out, the Russian send in more troops and more deadly weapons. They escalated the weapons to the point where they were and are supplying anti aircraft weapons whose sales are outlawed to non government forces and making them in violation of numerous agreements treaties and international laws

Crimea decided it's own fate. Putin helped facilitate it. Did you really think Putin would sit back and watch the U.S./NATO take his Black Sea port by attrition? Does anyone honestly believe that he's not going to respond to a situation that will certainly end with a ring of ABM's at his doorstep? A treaty that Bush abandoned by the way.

The U.S. and with it's NGO's made all of this possible.

Forum List

Back