president obama: what special interest group has he most riled?

From the options below, I think the most dangerous group Pres. Obama has upset is:

• Neo-Nazis/ US Constitutionalists/ militias.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The Pentagon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Insurance—particularly, the Health Insurance—lobby.

• AIPAC.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Organized crime — especially the Russian Mafiya.

• Anti-abortionists/ the Christian Right.

• The media.

• Multinational corporations.

• American Veterans groups.

• A lobby not listed above.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
Any Oliver Stone fans here?

John Grisham, anyone?

Let's have a debate about the dangers of riling Washington special interest groups.

Look carefully at the poll, and tell us what special interest group that our president has upset is in your view the most dangerous.

Many people offended each in their own ways. Perhaps progressives are the most offended as he wasted opportunities for them to enact their own agenda.

Many people offended each in their own ways. Perhaps progressives are the most offended as he wasted opportunities for them to enact their own agenda.

So true.

Doubtless that the Secret Service finds many of them to be scary, though.

But some of the others represented in the poll?

Easy to see how something grand could happen; how some little guy/ gal could be set up as a convenient scapegoat.

I think I may have been watching too many movies lately.

Arlington Road is another one I've seen in the past few days.

Sometimes a prolific imagination may not necessarily be one's best friend. That's all I'm sayin'.

I just wish the person who voted for the "a lobby not listed above" option in the poll would tell us specifically what he/ she thinks that special interest is.

Oh well. Can't have one's cake and eat it, too, I s'pose.

I would say the most dangerous consequence
is DIVIDING and DISTRACTING the American people,
wasting more time resources and efforts fighting by party
instead of investing directly into solutions. The sooner we
can rebuild and turn the economy around to stop the waste
on conflict and crime, we have a better chance of saving our nation
instead of losing it while debts and resources are going to China and hostile interests.

It's not one group over another, and that's not the source of danger.

The danger is in the division that weakens our ability to work together and recover
from the losses, waste, and debts that continue to accumulate in the meantime;
and in continuing to LOBBY for millions to go into political campaigns "for and against"
each other's parties or candidates instead of fixing the actual problems causing the fights!

I just wish the person who voted for the "a lobby not listed above" option in the poll would tell us specifically what he/ she thinks that special interest is.

Oh well. Can't have one's cake and eat it, too, I s'pose.

^ see above ^
The parties keep lobbying for millions to keep fighting each other.
That money could be invested directly into solutions.
All politicians are equally guilty of playing each other up or down at public expense.

I would say the most dangerous consequence
is DIVIDING and DISTRACTING the American people,
wasting more time resources and efforts fighting by party
instead of investing directly into solutions. The sooner we
can rebuild and turn the economy around to stop the waste
on conflict and crime, we have a better chance of saving our nation
instead of losing it while debts and resources are going to China and hostile interests.

It's not one group over another, and that's not the source of danger.

The danger is in the division that weakens our ability to work together and recover
from the losses, waste, and debts that continue to accumulate in the meantime;
and in continuing to LOBBY for millions to go into political campaigns "for and against"
each other's parties or candidates instead of fixing the actual problems causing the fights!

That's exactly why I was very specific with the groups that I listed in the poll.

Every group in the poll has the financial wherewithal to plot something nefarious.

Some in the poll are IMHO more dangerous than others, because they have not merely the financial wherewithal, but far stronger potential collective group motives than the others.

With a good imagination, it isn't terribly difficult to see how some far-reaching, Oliver Stone-esque conspiracy could occur, because our president has made a LOT of enemies in the past five-and-a-half years.

All presidents do. :thup:

If by "riled up" you means sexually excited, it has to be the media in general and Chris Matthews in particular (honorable mention to Barbaras Streisand and Walters). However, you changed the actual poll question to which is the most dangerous group (leaving out Islamic terrorists, of course)

Poll Question: Was this due to:
a. Incompetence
b. Stupidity
c. Deception
d. All of the above

United Mine Workers. West Virginia and other coal producing states are hamstrung by Obama loyalty to far left tree hungers.

Also, why would you lump Neo-Nazis with Constitutionalist? Explains your biased left ignorance.

United Mine Workers. West Virginia and other coal producing states are hamstrung by Obama loyalty to far left tree hungers.

They fall into the neo-Nazis/ US Constitutionalists/ militias category. :thup:

Now your really being stupid. This is why the Democrat Party has been pushing White people out. These union members have supported the Democratic Party since FDR. But, Democrats too concerned with gay couples and imagined discrimination in the work place to create private sector jobs in the US. You think Joe Manchin is a Neo-Nazi?

Any Oliver Stone fans here?

John Grisham, anyone?

Let's have a debate about the dangers of riling Washington special interest groups.

Look carefully at the poll, and tell us what special interest group that our president has upset is in your view the most dangerous.

Probably the coal industry as a whole.

Also, why would you lump Neo-Nazis with Constitutionalist? Explains your biased left ignorance.

Umm, because anyone who's ever had as much as a Political Science 101 course knows that most militias are composed of white supremacists. Duh.

You obviously wouldn't understand. Moron.

Why would you talk about militia groups or white supremacist in a polisci classroom? Shouldn't you be focused on the constitutional constructs of government and the institutions of government? Shouldn't you be focused on what motivates people to become active in the political process? Looks like another hostile takeover of a college lesson by a left wing professor.

Umm, because anyone who's ever had as much as a Political Science 101 course knows that most militias are composed of white supremacists. Duh.

You obviously wouldn't understand. Moron.

I expect you've just managed to piss off countless militia groups to include black panthers, the SLA, most of Texas, millions of muslims, scores of neighborhood watch groups, etc, etc.
Congrats.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back