SAN FRANCISCO plans to provide transgender surgeries

bingo....

if they cant afford the surgery.... do tell... why should I afford them the surgery?

If someone is in need of an operation, is it fair to deny them that operation just because they can't afford it? Everyone deserves medical treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

That is just it... they are not in NEED of the operation.... they WANT the operation.

this sugery is not a medical treatment... it is cosmetic surgery.

Elderly folks who want hip replacements don't NEED it either, they want it - yet we give it to them. Why? Because it improves their quality of life.

Besides, if I wanted breast implants because my self esteem was low, I could get them, at taxpayers expense. You can also have gender reassignment surgery here, at taxpayers expense. And you know what? I haven't heard a single taxpayer complain about the use of taxes going toward such surgeries - and Skye doesn't count.

and just think... islam would have them all killed for this.... just saying.

i am all for giving them as many happy drugs as they can swallow to deal with the depression.... that is a medical issue.

cosmetic surgery is not.

I have suffered from depression, and I can tell you that anti depressants do not cure depression. The depression still exists. The only way a person can be made to forget their pain is to be drugged up so much they are a virtual zombie.

CaféAuLait;6309298 said:
Calif. city plans to provide transgender surgeries

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco is preparing to become the first U.S. city to provide and cover the cost of sex reassignment surgeries for uninsured transgender residents.

The city's Health Commission voted Tuesday to create a comprehensive program for treating transgender people experiencing mental distress because of the mismatch between their bodies and their gender identities. San Francisco already provides transgender residents with hormones, counseling and routine health services, but has stopped short of offering surgical interventions, Public Health Director Barbara Garcia said Thursday after the vote was announced.
The Associated Press: Calif. city plans to provide transgender surgeries

I wonder where those funds will come from? Was it even a year ago when they said thier employee costs were going to bankrupt San Francisco?

Employee Costs Could Bankrupt San Francisco In Five Years: Mayor - Business Insider

San Francisco has magic money.

If someone is in need of an operation, is it fair to deny them that operation just because they can't afford it? Everyone deserves medical treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

That is just it... they are not in NEED of the operation.... they WANT the operation.

this sugery is not a medical treatment... it is cosmetic surgery.

Elderly folks who want hip replacements don't NEED it either, they want it - yet we give it to them. Why? Because it improves their quality of life.

Besides, if I wanted breast implants because my self esteem was low, I could get them, at taxpayers expense. You can also have gender reassignment surgery here, at taxpayers expense. And you know what? I haven't heard a single taxpayer complain about the use of taxes going toward such surgeries - and Skye doesn't count.

well i live in SF...... so its MY tax money footing the bill for their cosmetic surgery...

guess what... i dont think breast augmentation should be allowed either.

A hip replacement is not cosmetic surgery......it restores function.

I like this. At least they are doing what the can to help these people. Lets face it, if they could pay, they would have their surgeries. Its not their fault they can't afford it...

You like that the government is supporting psychological delusions?

CaféAuLait;6309525 said:
Should the city also pay for those suffering from apotemnophilia to have their healthy limbs removed?

http://cbc.ucsd.edu/pdf/apotem.pdf

What medical procedure should not qualify for state assistance? Soon anything and everything will be covered. Women who feel they need a boob job because it is making them feel somehow inferior. Where will this assistance end?

One of the common ways to treat those who are transgendered is to change their gender via surgery. Because, for those who are truly transgender, counseling won't help them. They will simply become more and more depressed and may attempt suicide. In order to prevent that, surgery is offered - but only after the patient has lived as their chosen gender for a certain period of time, usually 12 months or more.

For someone who believes that they shouldn't have a certain limb, such as an arm or a leg, its different. You can't say these people were born into the wrong body, because they weren't. However, those people who desperately believe that they should have been born without a leg, for example, will also become depressed, and counseling won't always help them. So, the same thing happens again. Depression, suicide attempts. Also, you have to realise, that if a person wants to rid themselves of a limb badly enough, they will find a way to do it. I have heard stories of people who have used dry ice to have their own legs amputated. I have also heard that those people are leading happy lives without the offending limb.

Its hard to know when to treat these people, but if they do become happier without a limb, and suffer depression if that limb remains...do you continue to beat a dead horse, and counsel that person, or do you simply give up, remove their limb, and allow them to get on with life?

i am all for giving them as many happy drugs as they can swallow to deal with the depression.... that is a medical issue.

cosmetic surgery is not.

Second and third that syrenn ! :clap2:

Last edited:
I like this. At least they are doing what the can to help these people. Lets face it, if they could pay, they would have their surgeries. Its not their fault they can't afford it...

bingo....

if they cant afford the surgery.... do tell... why should I afford them the surgery?

This is optional surgery, they will live just as long if they don't have the surgery, and will face fewer medical problems.

cosmetic surgery is not.

I have suffered from depression, and I can tell you that anti depressants do not cure depression. The depression still exists. The only way a person can be made to forget their pain is to be drugged up so much they are a virtual zombie.

im sorry you have suffered depression..

cosmetic surgery will not cure depression either..... and in some cases...it makes the depression worse.

CaféAuLait;6309298 said:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco is preparing to become the first U.S. city to provide and cover the cost of sex reassignment surgeries for uninsured transgender residents.

The city's Health Commission voted Tuesday to create a comprehensive program for treating transgender people experiencing mental distress because of the mismatch between their bodies and their gender identities. San Francisco already provides transgender residents with hormones, counseling and routine health services, but has stopped short of offering surgical interventions, Public Health Director Barbara Garcia said Thursday after the vote was announced.

I wonder where those funds will come from? Was it even a year ago when they said thier employee costs were going to bankrupt San Francisco?

Employee Costs Could Bankrupt San Francisco In Five Years: Mayor - Business Insider

San Francisco has magic money.

yeah, its called..... other peoples money.

CaféAuLait;6309298 said:

Welcome to the Age of Anything Goes.

CaféAuLait;6309525 said:

Should the city also pay for those suffering from apotemnophilia to have their healthy limbs removed?

http://cbc.ucsd.edu/pdf/apotem.pdf

What medical procedure should not qualify for state assistance? Soon anything and everything will be covered. Women who feel they need a boob job because it is making them feel somehow inferior. Where will this assistance end?

One of the common ways to treat those who are transgendered is to change their gender via surgery. Because, for those who are truly transgender, counseling won't help them. They will simply become more and more depressed and may attempt suicide. In order to prevent that, surgery is offered - but only after the patient has lived as their chosen gender for a certain period of time, usually 12 months or more.

For someone who believes that they shouldn't have a certain limb, such as an arm or a leg, its different. You can't say these people were born into the wrong body, because they weren't. However, those people who desperately believe that they should have been born without a leg, for example, will also become depressed, and counseling won't always help them. So, the same thing happens again. Depression, suicide attempts. Also, you have to realise, that if a person wants to rid themselves of a limb badly enough, they will find a way to do it. I have heard stories of people who have used dry ice to have their own legs amputated. I have also heard that those people are leading happy lives without the offending limb.

Its hard to know when to treat these people, but if they do become happier without a limb, and suffer depression if that limb remains...do you continue to beat a dead horse, and counsel that person, or do you simply give up, remove their limb, and allow them to get on with life?

You are totally fucked in the head.

It depends. Obviously, you believe that transgendered people have delusions. I however, have a different opinion.

Look at it this way -if a person is severely depressed for many years, attempts suicide, has stints in psych hospitals etc, goes through years of counseling because they want to 'change' sex, and they are finally allowed to, and that person is no longer depressed, but instead, is happy with their body, and able to rejoin society, does that really mean that person is delusional? I would think that that person was truly transgendered, and surgery improved their life.

But I know others will see it differently.

It depends. Obviously, you believe that transgendered people have delusions. I however, have a different opinion.

Look at it this way -if a person is severely depressed for many years, attempts suicide, has stints in psych hospitals etc, goes through years of counseling because they want to 'change' sex, and they are finally allowed to, and that person is no longer depressed, but instead, is happy with their body, and able to rejoin society, does that really mean that person is delusional? I would think that that person was truly transgendered, and surgery improved their life.

what you are saying is: have a tantrum long enough....and you will eventually get your cookie.

sorry... that does not fly with me.

what you are saying is: have a tantrum long enough....and you will eventually get your cookie.

It is not a tantrum. Trangenderism actually exists. It is a recognised medical condition, like it or not, and one of the ways to 'cure' it, is gender reassignment surgery.

Look, I have said my piece. I realise most of you don't agree, and that is fine. I don't intend to get in a debate and have people slinging insults at me (not you, Syrenn) because they don't agree with me.

It is not a tantrum. Trangenderism actually exists. It is a recognised medical condition, like it or not, and one of the ways to 'cure' it, is gender reassignment surgery.

Look, I have said my piece. I realise most of you don't agree, and that is fine. I don't intend to get in a debate and have people slinging insults at me (not you, Syrenn) because they don't agree with me.

i am not saying it does not exist...

i am saying if you want cosmetic surgery..... pay for it yourself.

Forum List

Back