SAN FRANCISCO plans to provide transgender surgeries

You are totally fucked in the head.

Thank you so much for keeping this discussion civil. I was hoping we could all have a decent debate, without the need for insults.

I seem to have been hoping for a little too much.

You lost any hope of keeping this civil when you thought doctors should hack off people's arms or legs just because it might make someone feel better. What are they supposed to do if it doesn't work, sew it back on?

what do they do.... try try again.... and its STILL no guarantee that they will be..... happy.

now not only do you have the whole transgendered thing... now we go genderless.

Briton is recognised as world's first officially genderless person - Telegraph

True, they will need to take hormones, but that isn't really too much, is it? I mean, lots of people take medication, and many people will be on medication for life. If that is something they are prepared to do, then I don't have any objection to it.

I don't either, as long as they pay for it themselves, and don't force other people to confirm to their beliefs.

I would expect them to pay for their own hormones, too. Its just surgery I think should be free for them - but only after intensive counseling, and a period of no less than 2 years living as their chosen sex.

Do we have to pay for the surgery again if they change their minds?

I don't either, as long as they pay for it themselves, and don't force other people to confirm to their beliefs.

I would expect them to pay for their own hormones, too. Its just surgery I think should be free for them - but only after intensive counseling, and a period of no less than 2 years living as their chosen sex.

Nope. I believe that if you go through that counseling, are determined to be of sound mind, have lived as your chosen gender, and have that surgery, there is no going back. The point of making them live as their chosen gender is to ensure that they are positive that they want to change sex.

Thank you so much for keeping this discussion civil. I was hoping we could all have a decent debate, without the need for insults.

I seem to have been hoping for a little too much.

You lost any hope of keeping this civil when you thought doctors should hack off people's arms or legs just because it might make someone feel better. What are they supposed to do if it doesn't work, sew it back on?

what do they do.... try try again.... and its STILL no guarantee that they will be..... happy.

this is a real medical case.. you can not really compare the two

this is a real medical case.. you can not really compare the two

i am not disputing some of them are medical cases...I truly dont care what they want to be, think they are... or how they want to project themselves.

i do have issues with taxpayer dollars being spent on cosmetic surgery. If they want the surgery.... then they can pay for it.

Nope. I believe that if you go through that counseling, are determined to be of sound mind, have lived as your chosen gender, and have that surgery, there is no going back. The point of making them live as their chosen gender is to ensure that they are positive that they want to change sex.

I have said this before, and I will say it again, you are fucked in the head.

Who pays is the only real issue...I know two transgender girls ..friends of my daughter and all I can say is they are really nice people,live a real normal life and appear in every way to be young woman..they are happy and upbeat...oh and one works at a coffee shop while going to university to pay for it as far as I know

Last edited:
If they want to pay for people's surgeries, maybe they could start with those who need life saving operations. I'm glad I'm not a tax payer in California. Of course, the whole country will be hurting when tax rates go up soon.

...and what happens when Cali needs bailed out by the fed gov? --- which will likely happen before the next presidential election.

We will ALL be paying taxes for Cali's poor liberal choices.

I am all for providing counseling on a sliding scale based upon need, but, surgery NO. The government should not subsidize this type of surgery. The person seeking this surgery should provide there own medical coverage through private plans if available or savings.

In Massachusetts a recent ruling favored a convicted murderer a sex change operation because the person was in prison and could not raise their own funds to have the procedure performed. The court cited the 8th Amendment where it would be cruel and unusual punishment to deny the killer the surgery.

Too much government meddling into a very personal situation. Christine Jorgensen, in 1952, had a sex change operation where they travelled the world to seek treatment.(of course she went to my high school).

christine_jorgensen_630px.jpg

"This 1975 triptych shows Christine Jorgensen when she was known as George in 1943, in 1952 immediately after her historic sex change, and in 1975 when she was nearing age 50. The center photo is the one she sent her parents in 1952, in a letter explaining the transformation. Jorgensen died in 1989."

Dec. 1, 1952: Ex-GI Becomes Blonde Beauty

its a real life human problem and jsut because it rubs up against your moral senseabilities is no reason to deny someone the medical care they need to be psycologicly cured of a brain disorder that causes them to have this condition.

They are one gender in their head and another gender in their sex parts.

Would you also deny a child who is born with physical gender ambiquity the treatment they need?

Who pays is the only real issue...I know two transgender girls ..friends of my daughter and all I can say is they are really nice people,live a real normal life and appear in every way to be young woman..they are happy and upbeat...oh and one works at a coffee shop while going to university to pay for it as far as I know

oh i know plenty of them.... i swear the girls look more like girls...and the men look more like men. The issue of how nice they are is beside the point...people are people. If that is what makes them happy i am all for them doing what they want. One of the girls works in my makeup boutique... greatest girl around to pal around with and play with makeup.

however.... they paid for what the wanted. I do not think tax payer dollars should be spent on cosmetic surgery...so that the outside fits the self image of the insides.

its a real life human problem and jsut because it rubs up against your moral senseabilities is no reason to deny someone the medical care they need to be psycologicly cured of a brain disorder that causes them to have this condition.

Would you also deny a child who is born with physical gender ambiquity the treatment they need?

sucks that you had to pay for yours..... oh.....or are you still waiting for obama care to cover it?

If it a brain disorder then we should treat it like a brain disorder, not provide surgery. That has nothing to do with morals, that is all about reducing the cost of health care, which is the be all and end all for the existence of government approved health care, something you support.

I like this. At least they are doing what the can to help these people. Lets face it, if they could pay, they would have their surgeries. Its not their fault they can't afford it...

bingo....

if they cant afford the surgery.... do tell... why should I afford them the surgery?

If someone is in need of an operation, is it fair to deny them that operation just because they can't afford it? Everyone deserves medical treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

Its an elective surgery. It has no bearing on their health. Yes, SF has reached this level of stupidity.

I like this. At least they are doing what the can to help these people. Lets face it, if they could pay, they would have their surgeries. Its not their fault they can't afford it...

You pay for it bleeding heart moron

Forum List

Back