SAN FRANCISCO plans to provide transgender surgeries

its a real life human problem and jsut because it rubs up against your moral senseabilities is no reason to deny someone the medical care they need to be psycologicly cured of a brain disorder that causes them to have this condition.

They are one gender in their head and another gender in their sex parts.

Would you also deny a child who is born with physical gender ambiquity the treatment they need?

It is not about morality for me, it is about economics. For example, the Veterans Administration decided that dogs would not be issued for the suffering from PTSD and needed them unless they fit within a narrow parameter. This was an economic decision, not , a medical one.

its a real life human problem and jsut because it rubs up against your moral senseabilities is no reason to deny someone the medical care they need to be psycologicly cured of a brain disorder that causes them to have this condition.

Would you also deny a child who is born with physical gender ambiquity the treatment they need?

It is not about morality for me, it is about economics. For example, the Veterans Administration decided that dogs would not be issued for the suffering from PTSD and needed them unless they fit within a narrow parameter. This was an economic decision, not , a medical one.
:tongue:
How about this for an economic decisions.....

Send them to Thailand for the surgery. They get what they want....a nice vacation...and it costs SF 1/4 of what it would be to do here....

If it a brain disorder then we should treat it like a brain disorder, not provide surgery. That has nothing to do with morals, that is all about reducing the cost of health care, which is the be all and end all for the existence of government approved health care, something you support.

Its not a brain disorder, and even if it was, its a brain disorder that can't be cured with medication.

Its not a brain disorder, and even if it was, its a brain disorder that can't be cured with medication.

That is by definition a brain disorder.

"A Mental Disorder is a health condition characterized by significant dysfunction in an individual’s cognitions, emotions, or behaviors that reflects a disturbance in the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning. Some disorders may not be diagnosable until they have caused clinically significant distress or impairment of performance."

I like this. At least they are doing what the can to help these people. Lets face it, if they could pay, they would have their surgeries. Its not their fault they can't afford it...

You like that the government is supporting psychological delusions?

It depends. Obviously, you believe that transgendered people have delusions. I however, have a different opinion.

Look at it this way -if a person is severely depressed for many years, attempts suicide, has stints in psych hospitals etc, goes through years of counseling because they want to 'change' sex, and they are finally allowed to, and that person is no longer depressed, but instead, is happy with their body, and able to rejoin society, does that really mean that person is delusional? I would think that that person was truly transgendered, and surgery improved their life.

But I know others will see it differently.

And what proof do we have that they will live normal healthy lives after surgery? It depends on what causes the depression, not what they think causes the depression.

I like this. At least they are doing what the can to help these people. Lets face it, if they could pay, they would have their surgeries. Its not their fault they can't afford it...

bingo....

if they cant afford the surgery.... do tell... why should I afford them the surgery?

If someone is in need of an operation, is it fair to deny them that operation just because they can't afford it? Everyone deserves medical treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

So when are you sending them a check?and for how much?

If it a brain disorder then we should treat it like a brain disorder, not provide surgery. That has nothing to do with morals, that is all about reducing the cost of health care, which is the be all and end all for the existence of government approved health care, something you support.

I didn't say it is a brain disorder, TM did. Take your disagreement with her position to her, not me.

The insanity of a liberal on display.

Ahhhh, this person living in San Fran would like a Porsche but can't afford it, so the city should buy them one. You're fucking insane...

bingo....

if they cant afford the surgery.... do tell... why should I afford them the surgery?

If someone is in need of an operation, is it fair to deny them that operation just because they can't afford it? Everyone deserves medical treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

That is just it... they are not in NEED of the operation.... they WANT the operation.

this sugery is not a medical treatment... it is cosmetic surgery.

Incorrect, it’s considered corrective, bringing into line one’s physical sexual orientation with that of one’s physiological and emotional.

This is not something capricious or a manifestation of vanity like a tummy tuck, but comprehensive and necessary medical treatment.

If they want to pay for people's surgeries, maybe they could start with those who need life saving operations. I'm glad I'm not a tax payer in California. Of course, the whole country will be hurting when tax rates go up soon.

EXACTLY! Now we get government paid surgery cuz someone wants to change their physical appearance...

The whole country has been voted down Alice's rabbit hole. Left is right and good is evil...

That is just it... they are not in NEED of the operation.... they WANT the operation.

Incorrect, it’s considered corrective, bringing into line one’s physical sexual orientation with that of one’s physiological and emotional.

This is not something capricious or a manifestation of vanity like a tummy tuck, but comprehensive and necessary medical treatment.

It is not considered corrective surgery unless it is preformed on newborns with intersex deformities.

I disagree.

What about the female to males who still want to have babies? Men don't give birth.

Transgender man gives birth, becoming Britain's first 'male mother'

Also...most only do half the surgery... the top half. So if it was that important more would complete the surgery.

If they want to pay for people's surgeries, maybe they could start with those who need life saving operations. I'm glad I'm not a tax payer in California. Of course, the whole country will be hurting when tax rates go up soon.
Taxes will return to what they were under Clinton. The economy boomed then.

So I was driving in my volt and talking on my free Obama phone with free sexual reassignment surgeon..when I realized I left my damn food stamps at home...

God Bless America...ya gotta love her..

So I was driving in my volt and talking on my free Obama phone with free sexual reassignment surgeon..when I realized I left my damn food stamps at home...

God Bless America...ya gotta love her..

you mean your section 8 housing home with free high speed internet.

Taxes will return to what they were under Clinton. The economy boomed then.

Obama has repeatedly said that raising taxes to the Clinton rats would hurt the economy.

bingo....

So when are you sending them a check?and for how much?

I live in Australia. No medical bills here. Probably because we all care about the health and welfare of complete strangers. I know that must be a shocking concept to you.

Forum List

Back