San Diego County officials shut down home Bible study

I read this story earlier.. How did the state know there was bible study going on in there??

and if true,, communism here we come.

Um ... even in the article it points out that it isn't about the "bible study" but about city regulations.

the hell you say..

Broyles said a few days later the couple received a written warning that listed "unlawful use of land" and told them to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit" -- a process that could cost tens of thousands of dollars.

sounds like it was about bible study to me.. if they had a beer party every week with 15 participants not a damn word would have been said.. go peddle that shit somewhere else.

Um ... even in the article it points out that it isn't about the "bible study" but about city regulations.

Broyles also said this case has broader implications.

"If the county thinks they can shut down groups of 10 or 15 Christians meeting in a home, what about people who meet regularly at home for poker night? What about people who meet for Tupperware parties? What about people who are meeting to watch baseball games on a regular basis and support the Chargers?" Broyles asked.

the hell you say..

Broyles said a few days later the couple received a written warning that listed "unlawful use of land" and told them to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit" -- a process that could cost tens of thousands of dollars.

sounds like it was about bible study to me.. if they had a beer party every week with 15 participants not a damn word would have been said.. go peddle that shit somewhere else.

Permits don't cost that much, and you can get them free if you know the right channels. Also, yes, I would have called the cops on a beer party in a heart beat, especially if they were too loud. Try again. It's still more about regulations of assembly, the religious part was just hyped by the media to make it controversial so fools would buy it.

"Broyles said his clients have asked to stay anonymous until they give the county a demand letter that states by enforcing this regulation the county is violating their First Amendment right to freely exercise their religion"

And right to peacefully assemble?

What a crock this is?

the hell you say..

Permits don't cost that much, and you can get them free if you know the right channels. Also, yes, I would have called the cops on a beer party in a heart beat, especially if they were too loud. Try again. It's still more about regulations of assembly, the religious part was just hyped by the media to make it controversial so fools would buy it.

As usual you are dead wrong! dead wrong! how many times can you cite that the city issued permits for beer parties.. show me that then I might believe you..

I'm not quite sure what kind of a nuisance 10-15 people congregating at a house every week would be, but I don't think it should be that bad.

the hell you say..

As usual you are dead wrong! dead wrong! how many times can you cite that the city issued permits for beer parties.. show me that then I might believe you..

They didn't but beer parties are generally a once in a while thing anyway, different beast. Now, show me where I was dead wrong ... :eusa_whistle:

They didn't but beer parties are generally a once in a while thing anyway, different beast. Now, show me where I was dead wrong ... :eusa_whistle:

I'll wait..

If I knew their laws better I could explain it, but I don't so I can't offer any details. But here, they do have to get a permit for anything that is religious to show it is non-profit, even "bible study". But once it is demonstrated to be non-profit then the permit is granted. Many churches in our area hold onto these permits so they can do such, some even have county officials on speed dial to make things easier.

It's bullshit no matter how you dice it to tell anyone they cannot have a few people over to their home for Bible study. Screamers about personal rights to orgies would be throwing a fit if their rights were violated in such a manner as this.

so again I ask,, how did the city/state know people were saying a prayer in that house???

so again I ask,, how did the city/state know people were saying a prayer in that house???
Read the complaint letter from WCLPLAW it may be in there. I did not wait for it to load entirely as my connection is to slow from here.

Unbelievable...

Even more unbelievable is that you will have people like jillian defending this...guaranteed.

Couple: County Trying To Stop Home Bible Studies - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Oh my... I'm sorry little boy... you aren't smart enough to state my positon on issues. And I know they don't tell you what I think in rightwingnut school so really... get a grip at least til they let you go to big boy school.

In fact, I have no opinion about this yet because there isn't enough information given. And besides, it's one of your sources, so I wouldn't trust in anyway.

Forum List

Back