San Diego County officials shut down home Bible study

Permits don't cost that much, and you can get them free if you know the right channels. Also, yes, I would have called the cops on a beer party in a heart beat, especially if they were too loud. Try again. It's still more about regulations of assembly, the religious part was just hyped by the media to make it controversial so fools would buy it.

As usual you are dead wrong! dead wrong! how many times can you cite that the city issued permits for beer parties.. show me that then I might believe you..

They didn't but beer parties are generally a once in a while thing anyway, different beast. Now, show me where I was dead wrong ... :eusa_whistle:

the part where you didn't think that an employee of the government interrogating people about their religious practices and then threatening them specifically for "religious assembly" is a problem.

"Attorney Dean Broyles of The Western Center For Law & Policy was shocked with what happened to the pastor and his wife.

Broyles said, "The county asked, 'Do you have a regular meeting in your home?' She said, 'Yes.' 'Do you say amen?' 'Yes.' 'Do you pray?' 'Yes.' 'Do you say praise the Lord?' 'Yes.'"

The county employee notified the couple that the small Bible study, with an average of 15 people attending, was in violation of County regulations, according to Broyles.

Broyles said a few days later the couple received a written warning that listed "unlawful use of land" and told them to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit" -- a process that could cost tens of thousands of dollars."

why "religious" assembly and why the interrogation by the county employee about what is said at the meetings?

Unbelievable...

Even more unbelievable is that you will have people like jillian defending this...guaranteed.

Couple: County Trying To Stop Home Bible Studies - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Oh my... I'm sorry little boy... you aren't smart enough to state my positon on issues. And I know they don't tell you what I think in rightwingnut school so really... get a grip at least til they let you go to big boy school.

In fact, I have no opinion about this yet because there isn't enough information given. And besides, it's one of your sources, so I wouldn't trust in anyway.
His source is the local news station. Yet why get the information from there when you can read the complaint letter. It is posted here :::::: The Western center for Law & Policy ::::::

where in the heck is the ACLU now? Why aren't they defending these people's first amendment rights?

this is utter bull crap imo.

As usual you are dead wrong! dead wrong! how many times can you cite that the city issued permits for beer parties.. show me that then I might believe you..

They didn't but beer parties are generally a once in a while thing anyway, different beast. Now, show me where I was dead wrong ... :eusa_whistle:

the part where you didn't think that an employee of the government interrogating people about their religious practices and then threatening them specifically for "religious assembly" is a problem.

"Attorney Dean Broyles of The Western Center For Law & Policy was shocked with what happened to the pastor and his wife.

Broyles said, "The county asked, 'Do you have a regular meeting in your home?' She said, 'Yes.' 'Do you say amen?' 'Yes.' 'Do you pray?' 'Yes.' 'Do you say praise the Lord?' 'Yes.'"

The county employee notified the couple that the small Bible study, with an average of 15 people attending, was in violation of County regulations, according to Broyles.

Broyles said a few days later the couple received a written warning that listed "unlawful use of land" and told them to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit" -- a process that could cost tens of thousands of dollars."

why "religious" assembly and why the interrogation by the county employee about what is said at the meetings?

Until I see the actual transcripts and less bias sources ... I can't say one way or the other. Just offered possibilities.

Unbelievable...

Even more unbelievable is that you will have people like jillian defending this...guaranteed.

Since our Constitution guarantees us the free exercise of of religion, along with the right to peacefully assemble, this is simply BS by the officials, period.

Some people do not seem to understand the difference between a right (requires no goverenment approval), and a privilege (requires government approval), maybe they should at least read the Constitution to discover that the free exercise of religion and peacefully assembly are rights, not privileges.

where in the heck is the ACLU now? Why aren't they defending these people's first amendment rights?

They are not into protecting the rights of Christians, never have been.

Until I see the actual transcripts and less bias sources ... I can't say one way or the other. Just offered possibilities.

fair enough

Unbelievable...

Couple: County Trying To Stop Home Bible Studies - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Oh my... I'm sorry little boy... you aren't smart enough to state my positon on issues. And I know they don't tell you what I think in rightwingnut school so really... get a grip at least til they let you go to big boy school.

In fact, I have no opinion about this yet because there isn't enough information given. And besides, it's one of your sources, so I wouldn't trust in anyway.

San Diego County is not refuting anything this couple has said.

The video is more complete. Did you bother watching it?

you were provided with a link to all the correspondence..

Umm, a demand letter was only sent 2 days ago. No guarantee they know about this, or how credible this case is.

No, I saw an article written by someone who wanted to focus on the religious aspect and PDF's, which are easy to make and therefore far from unbiased proof. Until there is more, this isn't a real story.

As of now, these are just unfounded allegations. Once the county replies we'll have a better idea of whats going on, or if these facts are alleged under oath.

Um ... even in the article it points out that it isn't about the "bible study" but about city regulations.

the hell you say..

Broyles said a few days later the couple received a written warning that listed "unlawful use of land" and told them to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit" -- a process that could cost tens of thousands of dollars.

sounds like it was about bible study to me.. if they had a beer party every week with 15 participants not a damn word would have been said.. go peddle that shit somewhere else.

Permits don't cost that much, and you can get them free if you know the right channels. Also, yes, I would have called the cops on a beer party in a heart beat, especially if they were too loud. Try again. It's still more about regulations of assembly, the religious part was just hyped by the media to make it controversial so fools would buy it.

No, what it's about is what people do in the privacy of their own home. I would think you being such a big proponent of that where homosexuals are concerned, would extend the same rights to people who are doing something you don't like.

Just sayin' ...

the hell you say..

sounds like it was about bible study to me.. if they had a beer party every week with 15 participants not a damn word would have been said.. go peddle that shit somewhere else.

No, what it's about is what people do in the privacy of their own home. I would think you being such a big proponent of that where homosexuals are concerned, would extend the same rights to people who are doing something you don't like.

Just sayin' ...

I wasn't too clear on what my actual position is on this until a bit later. That isn't my position, that was just a possible reasoning. In reality the article doesn't offer much in the way of fact, just pieces of the whole story.

*shrug* the issue is that he seems to be clogging up the street each week, which the county has the right to regulate. They seem to be going about it in a poor manner, but this isn't about what hes allowed to do in his home, its about not being a nuisance to the community.

San Diego has a reputation for being antagonistic toward religion. A guy with some land that overlooks the 5 freeway has a large cross on it which has cost him some court battles.

I can't wait until this whole state goes broke and its government is deconstructed.

Forum List

Back