same sex marriage

American Christians crack me up.

Ask, "Do you know any gays"? Answer, "And I don't want to either".

Ask, "Is gay a choice"? Answer, "Yes".

Ask, "Did you choose"? Answer, "No".

Ask, "Will a gay marriage destroy yours"? Answer, "No, of course not".

Ask, "Why not let them get married"? Answer, "Because it will destroy the institution of marriage".

Ask, "But not yours"? Answer, "Not mine".

Ask, "Where do gays come from"? Answer, "I don't know".

Ask, "Did you know that gays are the children of Christians"? Answer, "No way".

Ask, "What if your son was gay", Answer, "No way, I didn't raise him to be gay".

Ask, "But what if he were"? Answer, "I would have to disown him and that would be his choice".

And the ignorance goes round and round.

To condone gay marriage is to imply that it is not sinful. It is sinful: it breaks commandments:
the fifth: honor thy mother and father (no one introduces their toddler and brags they hope they will be a homosexual when they grow up)
ninth: you shall not bear false witness (homosexuals are not open about who they are and 'many' use deceit to gain partners)
tenth: thou shall not covet...anything that is thy neighbor's (if you are taking a partner from another family, hurting that family)

The commandments were given to help people to live together in peace. Homosexuality going against that many commandments, makes it hard not to have problems with others and society.

Acting on homosexuality is a sin. All of us have temptations we resist, and with the Lord's grace, beat. Homosexuality is a destructive behavior. It hurts families and communities (in general). Homosexuals should be treated the same way a gambler, alcoholic, drug addict, or anyone else that has a behavior they have trouble controlling. You love them, you pray for them and you let them know the choices they make are why their life is the way it is. If they accept the Lord's grace, their life can change (they may still be tempted, but it will not have the same power over them).
You do not pretend that everything is going to be okay, homosexuals are some of the lonliest people there are, once they are used. You do not pretend it is easy to overcome temptation. You do not pretend they are going to stay healthy in their later years. You can continue to pray and hope for them even after they have given up all hope; it will help with the Lord.
When someone does overcome their temptations and move closer to the Lord, they should be celebrated, not condemned.

Acting on homosexuality is a sin. All of us have temptations we resist,

So you're gay. Well, I pity you that you should have all these feelings. You should visit a professional counselor so they can help you to understand that you can get past the indoctrination and live a full and happy life. You have my sympathy.

Suggestion, try to avoid religious nutbags. They will only bring you down. Filling your head with mystical crap that is simply not true. Good Luck. I hope this helped.

I was responding to statements about Christians and the Bible. When it was demonstrated that homosexuality is against the Lord, is sinful behavior, the name calling starts. If you don't want to know about the Bible, don't make false claims and expect them to stand. Don't claim that old ways (that have been improved: marriage) still stand.
You guys remind me of muslim extremists:
Your side:this is the way it is.
others: Excuse me, there are some flaws in your arguements, here, here and here.
Your side:You are just saying that because you are filled with hate, name, name, name.
others: this is not true, can we address this?
Your side: name, name, and more name calling.
Great arguements.

The Bible is a book of growth. ...behavior.

The Bible is NOT a book of growth. It's used by American Christians to shackle the brain. Dear Jesus, protect this country from your followers. Tell them to stop ruining the lives of people they don't know and have no contact with. Tell them to stop visiting medical doctors and instead go to "faith healers". Tell them there is not a reputable doctor in the US who doesn't believe in evoltuion and by going to these doctors, they are being hypocrites. Jesus, please tell your followers to go to school and increase the number of Republican scientists from less than 6% to 8 or 9%. Jesus please tell your followers to stop screwing up our public schools becuase they want mysticism taught over science. Please Jesus, if you are real, do these things.

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. John 14:13-14 NAB

Sigh, guess he's not listening.

I pointed out flaws in the arguement. If you have some evidence that what I said is wrong, please present it.
Macro evolution, species changing into other species, is a belief. There is no scientifice evidence it has EVER happened. There is evidence that selective breeding or 'micro evolution' can change characteristics of a species, but cannot change that species into something else.
If you are going to ask the Lord for something, it must be in your heart. His ways are not our ways and sometimes the answer is: NO.
Mocking and hating the Lord was shown to be detrimental to the health of peoples in the OT book, Dueteronomy. Careful how you speak about the Lord.

The Bible is a book of growth. ...behavior.

The Bible is NOT a book of growth. It's used by American Christians to shackle the brain. Dear Jesus, protect this country from your followers. Tell them to stop ruining the lives of people they don't know and have no contact with. Tell them to stop visiting medical doctors and instead go to "faith healers". Tell them there is not a reputable doctor in the US who doesn't believe in evoltuion and by going to these doctors, they are being hypocrites. Jesus, please tell your followers to go to school and increase the number of Republican scientists from less than 6% to 8 or 9%. Jesus please tell your followers to stop screwing up our public schools becuase they want mysticism taught over science. Please Jesus, if you are real, do these things.

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. John 14:13-14 NAB

Sigh, guess he's not listening.

I pointed out flaws in the arguement. If you have some evidence that what I said is wrong, please present it.
Macro evolution, species changing into other species, is a belief. There is no scientifice evidence it has EVER happened. There is evidence that selective breeding or 'micro evolution' can change characteristics of a species, but cannot change that species into something else.
If you are going to ask the Lord for something, it must be in your heart. His ways are not our ways and sometimes the answer is: NO.
Mocking and hating the Lord was shown to be detrimental to the health of peoples in the OT book, Dueteronomy. Careful how you speak about the Lord.

Ok, following that "logic", what is the "boundary" between "macro and micro" evolution? No, don't answer. There IS NO boundary. The concept is as dumb and "irreducible complexity".

I'm not even a scientist and there is not one right winger I can't out argue about evolution. It's the difference between "book learning" and "learning from only one book".

they're not really married cause, the preacher preforming the cerimony is apperently a fraud. how could you go against the book your preaching from. because the bible plainly says it wrong.

For your review...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]YouTube - Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else[/ame]

Ask, "Why not let them get married"? Answer, "Because it will destroy the institution of marriage".

Ask, "What if your son was gay", Answer, "No way, I didn't raise him to be gay".

Ask, "But what if he were"? Answer, "I would have to disown him and that would be his choice".

To condone gay marriage is to imply that it is not sinful. It is sinful: it breaks commandments:
the fifth: honor thy mother and father (no one introduces their toddler and brags they hope they will be a homosexual when they grow up)
ninth: you shall not bear false witness (homosexuals are not open about who they are and 'many' use deceit to gain partners)
tenth: thou shall not covet...anything that is thy neighbor's (if you are taking a partner from another family, hurting that family)

The commandments were given to help people to live together in peace. Homosexuality going against that many commandments, makes it hard not to have problems with others and society.

Acting on homosexuality is a sin. All of us have temptations we resist, and with the Lord's grace, beat. Homosexuality is a destructive behavior. It hurts families and communities (in general). Homosexuals should be treated the same way a gambler, alcoholic, drug addict, or anyone else that has a behavior they have trouble controlling. You love them, you pray for them and you let them know the choices they make are why their life is the way it is. If they accept the Lord's grace, their life can change (they may still be tempted, but it will not have the same power over them).
You do not pretend that everything is going to be okay, homosexuals are some of the lonliest people there are, once they are used. You do not pretend it is easy to overcome temptation. You do not pretend they are going to stay healthy in their later years. You can continue to pray and hope for them even after they have given up all hope; it will help with the Lord.
When someone does overcome their temptations and move closer to the Lord, they should be celebrated, not condemned.

Yo............fanatical zealot..........you're wrong.........

The 10 Commandments are not about homosexuality, it's only your delusional interpretation of them that makes it so.

It's actually much more simple than that...........

The first 3? Remember who HaShem (God) is, and don't worship anyone else. Why? Simple.......you'll die without His help.

Next? Thou shalt not MURDER. The Christians got it wrong with thou shalt not kill. You can kill someone defending yourself in a fair fight. Taking the life of someone who did nothing to you? That's murder.

Thou shalt not covet. Why? Simple........if you're jealous of someone, eventually you're gonna want to murder them.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Why? Simple........if someone lies to you badly enough, you're gonna wanna murder them.

Honor thy father and mother. Why? They brought you into this world, and they can take you out.

Thou shalt not commit adultery. Why? Screw around with someone else's partner, and they're gonna wanna kill you.

Thou shalt not steal. Why? Steal something from someone, they may wish to murder you for it.

Honor the Sabbath and keep it Holy. Why? Simple......if you don't give yourself a break every now and again, you'll suffer extreme stress and end up killing yourself with a heart attack.

Nope........don't see anything in there about thou shalt not be gay.

The reason love between two adults is NOT a sin is because you would to be brainwashed to believe such nonsense.

Now, if they made promises to a husband or wife and then had sex, OK, they broke a vow. That isn't right.

But to not even let them get married because Casper the Holy Ghost said no is really kinda dumb. Especially, when those people are right there and no one can even say what 'Casper' looks like.

The Bible ... Dueteronomy. Careful how you speak about the Lord.

Ok, following that "logic", what is the "boundary" between "macro and micro" evolution? No, don't answer. There IS NO boundary. The concept is as dumb and "irreducible complexity".

I'm not even a scientist and there is not one right winger I can't out argue about evolution. It's the difference between "book learning" and "learning from only one book".

To the one that has "book learning", let me see if I can make this simple: micro evolution: changing big dog to little dog, changing predominately black animals to predominately yellow or brown or white dogs. That is pretty easy to understand, right?
Macro evolution: change a dog into a cat. That isn't easy.
It hasn't been done by science and science can find NO PROOF that it EVER happened in nature. Macro evolution is a belief (without a Book) that species (one-celled animals) can change (evolve) into a fish, bird, or any other type of animal.
There is not conclusive proof that there were neanderthals; adult skeletons are not easily found and I don't think they have any complete adult skeletons (I was looking for something else and discovered this).
So if you want to argue me out of evolution, bring your proof, not just your beliefs (without a book) and present your side.

The 10 Commandments are not about homosexuality, it's only your delusional interpretation of them that makes it so.

The first 3? Remember who HaShem (God) is, and don't worship anyone else. Why? Simple.......you'll die without His help.

Next? Thou shalt not MURDER. The Christians got it wrong with thou shalt not kill. You can kill someone defending yourself in a fair fight. Taking the life of someone who did nothing to you? That's murder.

Thou shalt not covet. Why? Simple........if you're jealous of someone, eventually you're gonna want to murder them.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Why? Simple........if someone lies to you badly enough, you're gonna wanna murder them.

Honor thy father and mother. Why? They brought you into this world, and they can take you out.

Thou shalt not commit adultery. Why? Screw around with someone else's partner, and they're gonna wanna kill you.

Thou shalt not steal. Why? Steal something from someone, they may wish to murder you for it.

Honor the Sabbath and keep it Holy. Why? Simple......if you don't give yourself a break every now and again, you'll suffer extreme stress and end up killing yourself with a heart attack.

The 10 commandments are about every day living, what I told you was not incorrect:
How do you honor your parents if you are homosexual?
How do you not bear false witness if you portray yourself as something else?
How do you not covet, if you take a family's child (even if adult)?
These are for everyone, it does not narrow it down to the rich, or poor, or theives, or honest people, or murderers, or lovers, or black, or white, or men, or women, or which sex you prefer. It is for everyone.

If you want specifics on statements against homosexuality in the Bible, do a Bible search on lewd and perverted behavior. Also, understand that in the OT, temple male prostitutes were refered to as "dogs".
Because the language is manipulated to make that behavior seem acceptable, it is not, and has not been acceptable for thousands of years. In this country, the lewd have twisted the meaning of freedom to support their behavior and it is "tolerated". It is not accepted.
If you think that I am wrong about the Bible, please tell me where it supports this behavior. I have not read the entire Book, but so far, I have only read that you work to keep yourself free from sin, not wallow in it.

Who gives a damn about whether it is sin? We're not under sharia law. We don't even have a state church like England. Outside of your proprietary and personal religious beliefs, why on earth should gay marriage be banned?

Personally, if marriage is supposed "sacred" or an institution established by religious belief, I think the government should get the hell out of it completely. Civil Unions for all: man-woman, man-man, man-woman. Let churches "marry" whoever they want.

The 10 commandments are about every day living, what I told you was not incorrect:
These are for everyone, it does not narrow it down to the rich, or poor, or theives, or honest people, or murderers, or lovers, or black, or white, or men, or women, or which sex you prefer. It is for everyone.

If you want specifics on statements against homosexuality in the Bible, do a Bible search on lewd and perverted behavior. Also, understand that in the OT, temple male prostitutes were refered to as "dogs".
Because the language is manipulated to make that behavior seem acceptable, it is not, and has not been acceptable for thousands of years. In this country, the lewd have twisted the meaning of freedom to support their behavior and it is "tolerated". It is not accepted.
If you think that I am wrong about the Bible, please tell me where it supports this behavior. I have not read the entire Book, but so far, I have only read that you work to keep yourself free from sin, not wallow in it.

Yo, fuckstick tard, you are manipulating the 10 Commandments to reflect your narrow view.

The only sin is to limit God. Don't.

Yo, fuckstick tard, you are manipulating the 10 Commandments to reflect your narrow view.

I am not manipulating the ten Commandments.
Tell me how being homosexual is honoring your parents?
If it is for everyday living, don't you dishonor them when they find out and then force them to choose between their faith in G*d and their support (tolerance) for your sin?
Tell me how you don't bear false witness as a homosexual? Do you say things to isolate and make easier targets? Do you pretend you are straight to win/earn things from those that would disagree with your choices?
Tell me how you don't covet another family's child (even if adult)? Did you go to the parents and say, "I would like to date (or introduce your child to homosexuality) your child? Or do you wait until after the corruption and then say if you love them you will accept this?

This thread tried to point out that there is nothing against homosexuality in the Bible. When I show you the proof that there is evidence against this sinful behavior, you want to get bent out of shape. If you want to have a discussion, answer the questions and explain how you are not sinning.

I am not saying that other people do not break the same commandments; I am saying that you are choosing to break the commandments and then pretending that you are not sinning. That is one of the differences between practicing Christians and those that pretend. Those that are trying KNOW they sin (way too much). Those that pretend will not see how weak they truly are, and therefore will not try to do better.

To the one that has "book learning", let me see if I can make this simple: micro evolution: changing big dog to little dog, changing predominately black animals to predominately yellow or brown or white dogs. That is pretty easy to understand, right?
Macro evolution: change a dog into a cat. That isn't easy.
It hasn't been done by science and science can find NO PROOF that it EVER happened in nature. Macro evolution is a belief (without a Book) that species (one-celled animals) can change (evolve) into a fish, bird, or any other type of animal.
There is not conclusive proof that there were neanderthals; adult skeletons are not easily found and I don't think they have any complete adult skeletons (I was looking for something else and discovered this).
So if you want to argue me out of evolution, bring your proof, not just your beliefs (without a book) and present your side.

How can you argue with someone who has only ever read a single book.

Here is a show you might want to watch. They say it better than me.

NOVA | Intelligent Design on Trial | Watch the Program | PBS

If it is for everyday living, don't you dishonor them when they find out and then force them to choose between their faith in G*d and their support (tolerance) for your sin?
Tell me how you don't bear false witness as a homosexual? Do you say things to isolate and make easier targets? Do you pretend you are straight to win/earn things from those that would disagree with your choices?
Tell me how you don't covet another family's child (even if adult)? Did you go to the parents and say, "I would like to date (or introduce your child to homosexuality) your child? Or do you wait until after the corruption and then say if you love them you will accept this?

This thread tried to point out that there is nothing against homosexuality in the Bible. When I show you the proof that there is evidence against this sinful behavior, you want to get bent out of shape. If you want to have a discussion, answer the questions and explain how you are not sinning.

I am not saying that other people do not break the same commandments; I am saying that you are choosing to break the commandments and then pretending that you are not sinning. That is one of the differences between practicing Christians and those that pretend. Those that are trying KNOW they sin (way too much). Those that pretend will not see how weak they truly are, and therefore will not try to do better.

Okay cocksmoker......let's talk.

Are you saying that gays don't honor their parents? Might wanna check again 'tard, as most gay men that I've met have a VERY strong place of honor for their parents. Besides, what if the parents were gay?

As far as the bear false witness? Most gays that I've met have been very comfortable with telling you who they were and why. So nope........no lies there.

Okay, and finally.........the "coveting someone's child". Might wanna remember that there are a LOT of heteros that covet someone's child. Ever hear of marriage? You want their daughter, so therefore, you go and woo her.

Nope, sorry asshole...........your whole fucking premise is probably one of the most stupid and idiotic things I've heard in a while.

And I lived through the Bush Jr. admin.

Okay cocksmoker......let's talk.

Are you saying that gays don't honor their parents? Might wanna check again 'tard, as most gay men that I've met have a VERY strong place of honor for their parents. Besides, what if the parents were gay?

As far as the bear false witness? Most gays that I've met have been very comfortable with telling you who they were and why. So nope........no lies there.

Okay, and finally.........the "coveting someone's child". Might wanna remember that there are a LOT of heteros that covet someone's child. Ever hear of marriage? You want their daughter, so therefore, you go and woo her.

Nope, sorry asshole...........your whole fucking premise is probably one of the most stupid and idiotic things I've heard in a while.

And I lived through the Bush Jr. admin.

Please explain how deciding to not reproduce and build a natural family honors your parents (this is the third time you have not answered this question)? I did not accuse homosexuals of not loving or supporting or..., I said they cannot "honor" their parents while engaging in homosexual acts.
If you don't understand this, try showing them intimate moments on film (not sex), and watch the reaction. Observe the lack of pride and the shame that their child is making those choices.

Bear false witness: most homosexuals do not openly live their lives as homosexuals. They live dual lives. When they need to act "straight" for a job or service, they do. They do not tell their targets' parents that they are interested in "dating". Their lives are full of deceit to others as well of deceit to themselves.

Coveting a someone else's child: again, try telling a parent that you are interested in dating their child and you are homosexual. I'll bet the only time that happens is when a gay couple has a child and can't wait for them to "join" them. If the opposite sex shows up at the door, the parent assumes it is a date (or a friend that might end up as a date). It is a common occurence for the person to tell the parent, "I am here for a date with...".

Your name-calling and lack of effective arguement does not help your cause. It just makes us feel sorry for you and to know that you are walking down the wrong path. I hope you will find peace.

OK--I am going to try and read the Christian Tea leaves for a second.

In practice, homosexuality is a sin. Yet the church mission is to teach people to turn away from sin. But how can the church accomplish this if it turn away gays. The same goes with Christians--they are suppose to embrace homosexuals and teach them that same sex practice is immoral and detasteful in the eyes of their lord. If the homosexual disagrees, then the homosexual is left with the choice of abandoning that belief system.

Bottomline, there is no such thing as same sex marriage in christianity, and all Homosexuals that seek marriage are therefor not christians. This is true regardless of what they think Christianity is or if they think they are christians.

So if you are gay, and want to get married, then get ready to "burn forever in the lakes of Fire and brimstone and bathe in the agony of Satan's hatred towards you" Or call christianity a false religion and move on with your life!!

well, let me try giving a shot at reading the Christian tea leaves for YOU....AS a Christian there is only ONE unforgivable sin, and homosexuality isn't it!

Mark 3:22-30 states,

"And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and, 'By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.' …'Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit'" (NKJV, emphasis added / Note: The Pharisees made the same charge in Mat 9:34.).

In Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus says to the Pharisees,

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come" (NKJV, emphasis added).

What is the context of these statements, and what is the exact sin described?

The Pharisees had long observed the sinless Jesus Christ. They observed him doing undeniable and powerful miracles that were, at the very least, clear evidence of power supplied by God. These impressive miracles were freely given in pure kindness and love to release people from obvious suffering and the oppression of horrible evil.

However, the Pharisees had so firmly set their hearts against accepting Jesus as the Messiah that they rejected the obvious truth before them and perversely twisted it to influence the crowds. They publicly credited the most ultimately evil being in the universe with these precious, godly miracles. In other words, they called the precious and holy Spirit of God, the unclean spirit of Satan. In effect, they charged Jesus Christ with sorcery; one who is in league with Satan. These charges are not only appalling and extremely serious, but clearly absurd. As Jesus immediately responded,

"How can Satan cast out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end. No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house" (Mark 3:23-27; also see Luke 11:14-23).
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/unpardonablesin.html

Last edited:
Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness

3 comments:

1- So Adam and Eve were never pardoned?
2- I thought jesus died for our sins? Or was it not retro-active?
3- So everyone who's ever said "goddam" is fucked?

Forum List

Back