Same Sex Marriage Passed in New York

I don't give a ripe you anyone marries,your pet pig will do,but don't expect nor demand that churches perform ceremonies against their will. Tolerance and equality works both ways.
You can't marry your pig. Pigs cannot give consent.

Pigs don't care ether way.

Btw, you're forgetting shotgun weddings.

Curious to see the religous exemption, and wondering what the first lawsuit challenging said exception will look like.

There ought not be a religious exemption; when religious officials take on the role of civil servants, they ought to be required to accept the responsibilities of that job, however,

the exemption is a worthwhile concession to achieve the greater good.

LOL love the double standard. you can't hear anything above the row over separation of church and state form the left until it fits their wants.

One of the reasons they push separation of church and state (which is not in the Constitution btw) is because they want to demonize rightwingers. The other reason is because they need folks that will accept just about anything the government shoves down their throats. But the final reason is hypocritical in nature. They use Black churches to preach politics but white churches have been threatened with having their tax-free status removed for doing the same exact thing in a voter-suppression move.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an etsablishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". In essence, the intolerance practiced by a religion is protected. Bigotry is a right guaranteed by the first amendment.

No where in the Constitution is the power to regulate marriage delegated to the United States, nor prohibited by it to the States. We shall see which states and the majority of their people, if left to vote, are intolerant and willing to deny to its citizens the truths our founders proactively asserted to be self-evident, "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Well, I must say a hearty "congrats" to NY. It's also nice to know that my marriage is recognized in another state. The number of people living under marriage equality has doubled.

The tide is turning and marriage equality across the US isn't far behind...

Well, I must say a hearty "congrats" to NY. It's also nice to know that my marriage is recognized in another state. The number of people living under marriage equality has doubled.

The tide is turning and marriage equality across the US isn't far behind...

Yes, so the Dems will have to use another wedge-issue against the GOP.

I figure legalize Pot, let Gays marry, let women have their abortions but not funded with taxpayer's money.....and figure out some way of documenting illegals.....

Jeeze, we're quickly running out of excuses to demonize the right, aren't we???

Maybe they can make Muslims the vocal point of their election push.

Just voted on. Link not available yet.

Curious to see the religous exemption, and wondering what the first lawsuit challenging said exception will look like.

There ought not be a religious exemption; when religious officials take on the role of civil servants, they ought to be required to accept the responsibilities of that job, however,

That's one of the stupidest things you've ever posted.

So if there's a regulation under ObamaCare that everyone must eat Pork and shellfish, you're going to force Orthodox Jews to violate their faith?

Faith first, the State is so far back in second place it's irrelevant

Just voted on. Link not available yet.

Ah, forcing people to do something against thier morality under the penalty of lawsuit, how fascist of you.

Forum List

Back