S. Carolina bar posts ban on concealed guns, calls those who carry "d-bags"

Well, look at this. This bar is near Clemson University, a college bar. Its in the upper state of SC, a very conservative area, near the Greenville Metro area halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte.

This courageous, small business owning American practice HIS right and his free speech.

SC passed a law allowing people to carry guns into bars. Booze and bullets, they mix, right?

Anyway, bars can post signs banning CWP holders from packing heat (you know, "just in case" they need to stand their ground by the pool tables).

This guy's sign not only bans them, but quotes: “NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

He couldn't have said it any better. I support the right to own a gun, and keep it at your home and in your car. But I do NOT want to be next to some right wing idiot who needs to pack heat every time he goes to a bar or movie or walk in the park. Those folks are just not the type of people I want to be around, and God Bless America for allowing this brave small business owner to practice his right to keep those idiots out of his business.

If I had a kid that went to Clemson, I'd hope they'd choose this bar as their choice watering hole (hey, they're gonna go out and drink, face it:doubt:)

and this gave you an orgasm I bet?
you go there if you're old enough to drink...maybe they'll find a reason to shit on you while you're there

Well, look at this. This bar is near Clemson University, a college bar. Its in the upper state of SC, a very conservative area, near the Greenville Metro area halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte.

This courageous, small business owning American practice HIS right and his free speech.

SC passed a law allowing people to carry guns into bars. Booze and bullets, they mix, right?

Anyway, bars can post signs banning CWP holders from packing heat (you know, "just in case" they need to stand their ground by the pool tables).

This guy's sign not only bans them, but quotes: “NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

He couldn't have said it any better. I support the right to own a gun, and keep it at your home and in your car. But I do NOT want to be next to some right wing idiot who needs to pack heat every time he goes to a bar or movie or walk in the park. Those folks are just not the type of people I want to be around, and God Bless America for allowing this brave small business owner to practice his right to keep those idiots out of his business.

If I had a kid that went to Clemson, I'd hope they'd choose this bar as their choice watering hole (hey, they're gonna go out and drink, face it:doubt:)
Yeah.. And the court of public opinion went against him. He took down the sign and back pedaled from his stance.
He wasn't being brave. All college towns are packed with libs. THAT is why he thought this was a good idea.
Tell ya what..Had the sign simply stated "No weapons permitted", he'd be expressing his right to free speech and his right to operate his business in the manner he saw fit.
Because he took this 15 steps further and decided to impugn ALL gun owners who dared cross his ideological threshold, he was WAY out of line.
I find it amusing how libs believe it is part of their very being to shout down any speech THEY deem improper, but when conservatives do it, it is wrong.
So tell me, where is the absence of hypocrisy here?
BTW, consumption of alcohol by people under the age of 21 is ILLEGAL....Not "oh well they are going to drink anyway"....That's a bullshit excuse.

Well, locally we're hearing about how "full of libtards" Clemson U and its town are. So, now that his bar is a famous liberal joint, I bet his business picks up. He probably took it down so he could avoid having a backlash of Tea Party rednecks trying to do protests or worse in front of his business.
Do you see your hypocrisy?
According to you, anyone who objected to the bar owner's actions is a "tea party redneck"..
Once again, according to you, conservatives have no right to a viewpoint.
This is where your argument runs out of gas.
You're an ex cop. Cops are trained in a certain manner to believe that no one else besides a PO is capable of properly managing a firearm.
Oh, social media has pretty much caused this guy to adjust his stance because his business fell off by quite a bit.
Like I said, if he'd have just went with "no weapons allowed", he'd be good to go. But no. He had to make the smarmy bullshit stick in the eye statement. Now he's paying the price for his mistake.
Part of me believes his business sucked so he did this to get some publicity for his bar.

He's free to be foolish. However, when he gets robbed he has no one to blame but himself there. Advertising that you are defenseless is not a prudent marketing goal.

He could still have a gun. Where does it say he doesn't?

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Yeah.. And the court of public opinion went against him. He took down the sign and back pedaled from his stance.
He wasn't being brave. All college towns are packed with libs. THAT is why he thought this was a good idea.
Tell ya what..Had the sign simply stated "No weapons permitted", he'd be expressing his right to free speech and his right to operate his business in the manner he saw fit.
Because he took this 15 steps further and decided to impugn ALL gun owners who dared cross his ideological threshold, he was WAY out of line.
I find it amusing how libs believe it is part of their very being to shout down any speech THEY deem improper, but when conservatives do it, it is wrong.
So tell me, where is the absence of hypocrisy here?
BTW, consumption of alcohol by people under the age of 21 is ILLEGAL....Not "oh well they are going to drink anyway"....That's a bullshit excuse.

Well, locally we're hearing about how "full of libtards" Clemson U and its town are. So, now that his bar is a famous liberal joint, I bet his business picks up. He probably took it down so he could avoid having a backlash of Tea Party rednecks trying to do protests or worse in front of his business.
Do you see your hypocrisy?
According to you, anyone who objected to the bar owner's actions is a "tea party redneck"..
Once again, according to you, conservatives have no right to a viewpoint.
This is where your argument runs out of gas.
You're an ex cop. Cops are trained in a certain manner to believe that no one else besides a PO is capable of properly managing a firearm.
Oh, social media has pretty much caused this guy to adjust his stance because his business fell off by quite a bit.
Like I said, if he'd have just went with "no weapons allowed", he'd be good to go. But no. He had to make the smarmy bullshit stick in the eye statement. Now he's paying the price for his mistake.
Part of me believes his business sucked so he did this to get some publicity for his bar.

Haha, well, I must have missed that day at police academy.

Either way, his bar is now known across the country. And I'm sure the large college campus he markets to.......full of left wingers apparently.......will send all those liberal students to his bar!

lol, from what I've read the bar and it's owner has has multiple citations filed against it

so it sounds like a reputable place you libs should visit

Yep. And you only have to be 18 in SC to own a pistol.

So, a college bar in a college town full of drunk college kids.............doesn't need the douchebags who think they need to bring their guns to the college bar to watch the Clemson vs South Carolina football game. People who feel they need to be armed for that are, indeed, douchebags.

If he is letting 18 year olds drink he has completely different and more serious issues.

Hes not. But most college bars are 18 and up. You can be 18 in a bar and not drink. Just like you can bring a gun in a bar and not drink.

But, as we know, most 18 year olds in a college bar will drink, because hey, "nobody will ever know".

Just like most gun owners in a bar with a concealed gun who aren't supposed to drink...........well, "nobody will ever know".

Right?

Incorrect. I've worked in bars in both NC and SC....At 9 pm on weekends we started checking ID's at 9pm. Under 21 were banned from 9PM til close. If there were minors in the place at 9, they had to leave.
And that advice came straight from the ABC officers that frequently paid visits to bars all over the town.
There is the law. Then there is protection of the business.
18-20 year olds could not sit at the bar. Nor could they sit at a table where drinks containing alcohol were being consumed.
We were strict because we wanted to keep the ABC of our backs. One slip up, they will shut you down and pull your license to serve.
No, this was not a college town. However half of our customers were in their 20's. We had to be careful. and trust me, these people will pull every scam known and unknown to get served. Fake ID's. The "my boyfriend has my ID in his pocket, he's on his way"...Here's my state ID ....From Ohio with a zip code from NY....The college ID trick ....So where is you date of birth?.....Um it's a college ID...Got anything else? No....Sorry go somewhere else.
Then there was the entry by throng trick....
Anyway, you obviously have a liberal view of drinking by kids.

If he is letting 18 year olds drink he has completely different and more serious issues.

Hes not. But most college bars are 18 and up. You can be 18 in a bar and not drink. Just like you can bring a gun in a bar and not drink.

But, as we know, most 18 year olds in a college bar will drink, because hey, "nobody will ever know".

Just like most gun owners in a bar with a concealed gun who aren't supposed to drink...........well, "nobody will ever know".

Right?

Incorrect. I've worked in bars in both NC and SC....At 9 pm on weekends we started checking ID's at 9pm. Under 21 were banned from 9PM til close. If there were minors in the place at 9, they had to leave.
And that advice came straight from the ABC officers that frequently paid visits to bars all over the town.
There is the law. Then there is protection of the business.
18-20 year olds could not sit at the bar. Nor could they sit at a table where drinks containing alcohol were being consumed.
We were strict because we wanted to keep the ABC of our backs. One slip up, they will shut you down and pull your license to serve.
No, this was not a college town. However half of our customers were in their 20's. We had to be careful. and trust me, these people will pull every scam known and unknown to get served. Fake ID's. The "my boyfriend has my ID in his pocket, he's on his way"...Here's my state ID ....From Ohio with a zip code from NY....The college ID trick ....So where is you date of birth?.....Um it's a college ID...Got anything else? No....Sorry go somewhere else.
Then there was the entry by throng trick....
Anyway, you obviously have a liberal view of drinking by kids.

I've worked in bars as well. And each bar CAN make it 21 and up. Some do 25 and up. But, legally, they can allow 18 and up so long as they don't serve under 21. Its the reason the infamous black "X" marks go on hands.

I know what you mean about the scams to get in. You're right. Countless ways they try to get served. They'll try anything. In Charleston, most college bars are 18 and up, because many 18-20 year olds tag along with groups of friends that are over 21. And they go where they can ALL get in.

In Charleston, SLED mostly only hits bars that are notoriously doing it. Otherwise, its usually just a ticket from the local cops. And even that is rare. They mostly avoid doing that at college bars.

But just like a bar with lots of 18 year olds who aren't supposed to drink, but we all know some will.............gun possession in a bar is the same way. Some wont drink. Some will....even if they aren't supposed to.

He couldn't have said it any better.

Sure he could have, but you're as immature and reactionary as he is which is why you think it's so great.

All he had to do was post a sign banning concealed weapons from his establishment and there likely would have been little fuss over it, but since he chose to be an asshole and insult millions of people who choose to exercise their civil rights he may face a backlash over it and rightly so. That's how the free market works.
Or he did it to get attention

He's free to be foolish. However, when he gets robbed he has no one to blame but himself there. Advertising that you are defenseless is not a prudent marketing goal.

Oh good this stupid argument

Here is an even better comeback to that tried-and-true redneck gun nut response of "OH NOW he'll get robbed":

Before this law allowing guns in bars was passed, guns weren't allowed in bars.

How many times BEFORE the law passed....did that bar get robbed?

Guns are allowed in gas stations, always have been. And they get robbed all the time. Hell, one of the most often robbed demographics are drug dealers. They're known to carry guns, and drug dealers get robbed all the time!!!! I bet 80% of murders are tied to drugs in some way.

If I am ever in the Clemson South Carolina area, I will make sure to avoid the Backstreets Pub. They will surely not get my business. I don't appreciate being called a douchebag.

I wonder how many donations he'll get across the country now from Pro-Common Sense With Guns people?

Hmmm.

As for those who posted about cops shooting innocent bystanders, yes, it happens, even with those trained under high stress training with firearms.

Pat Tillman and numerous other military heroes have been killed by friendly fire. Even the best of the best make mistakes and accidents with weapons.

SO don't tell me that the average, untrained gun owning redneck in a bar is all of a sudden gonna become Jason Bourne with a pistol in a crowd when its time to stand his ground.

of course they do, but who said rednecks were perfect? Its a strawman, i dont care a cop who is green and in his first fight, will shit his pants just like anyone else. But when you see a firefight at a bar, just let us know.

LOL...all the little gun-totting neocons are upset that they can't have their peashooters in the pub.....waaaahhhhhh!!!

I agree with him. Most are douches with inferiority complexes....

As for those who posted about cops shooting innocent bystanders, yes, it happens, even with those trained under high stress training with firearms.

Pat Tillman and numerous other military heroes have been killed by friendly fire. Even the best of the best make mistakes and accidents with weapons.

SO don't tell me that the average, untrained gun owning redneck in a bar is all of a sudden gonna become Jason Bourne with a pistol in a crowd when its time to stand his ground.

of course they do, but who said rednecks were perfect? Its a strawman, i dont care a cop who is green and in his first fight, will shit his pants just like anyone else. But when you see a firefight at a bar, just let us know.

I've never heard of a firefight at a bar.

Which makes me wonder why right wing rednecks feel such a strong need to pack heat in bars?

If someone did pull a gun to rob him, the LAST thing he'd want is for 3-4 rednecks (who possibly are drinking) to pull out their heat and start blazing rounds at the bad guy........inevitably missing several times and sending bullets into the crowd and backdrop of whatever is behind them.

Like the NYPD?

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

Who do you think has more training with firearms - the NYPD or the average gun owner?

The argument that cops accidentally shoot bystanders doesn't come close to even suggesting that basically untrained drunk idiots would somehow be better.

Again, as I asked another poster earlier, please cite such an incident taking place.

If someone did pull a gun to rob him, the LAST thing he'd want is for 3-4 rednecks (who possibly are drinking) to pull out their heat and start blazing rounds at the bad guy........inevitably missing several times and sending bullets into the crowd and backdrop of whatever is behind them.

Like the NYPD?

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

Who do you think has more training with firearms - the NYPD or the average gun owner?

The argument that cops accidentally shoot bystanders doesn't come close to even suggesting that basically untrained drunk idiots would somehow be better.

In most places I have lived, and it's especially true out here, the average gun owner has FAR more training and experience with their firearm than the police. There are three Reno police, five Carson City SO, two Capitol Police, and around 10 Washoe County SO, who I would consider competent with their weapons.

The rest of the LEO's impression of their guns is they take up space on their belts, and weigh too much.

I've never heard of a firefight at a bar.

Which makes me wonder why right wing rednecks feel such a strong need to pack heat in bars?

Sadly they do happen, fortunately not frequently.

UPDATE: Bar shut down by ABCA for 10 days - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports

Exactly, they always talk about how these wild west style shoot outs will happen in the bars, yet despite the fact that 45 states already allow you to carry in establishments that serve alcohol we rarely hear of these incident taking place. In fact, I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I can think of several where the police have shot a barrage of bullets into an innocent crowd of people while trying to take down a perpetrator.

Forum List

Back