S. Carolina bar posts ban on concealed guns, calls those who carry "d-bags"

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Well, look at this. This bar is near Clemson University, a college bar. Its in the upper state of SC, a very conservative area, near the Greenville Metro area halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte.

This courageous, small business owning American practice HIS right and his free speech.

SC passed a law allowing people to carry guns into bars. Booze and bullets, they mix, right?

Anyway, bars can post signs banning CWP holders from packing heat (you know, "just in case" they need to stand their ground by the pool tables).

This guy's sign not only bans them, but quotes: “NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

He couldn't have said it any better. I support the right to own a gun, and keep it at your home and in your car. But I do NOT want to be next to some right wing idiot who needs to pack heat every time he goes to a bar or movie or walk in the park. Those folks are just not the type of people I want to be around, and God Bless America for allowing this brave small business owner to practice his right to keep those idiots out of his business.

If I had a kid that went to Clemson, I'd hope they'd choose this bar as their choice watering hole (hey, they're gonna go out and drink, face it:doubt:)

He's free to be foolish. However, when he gets robbed he has no one to blame but himself there. Advertising that you are defenseless is not a prudent marketing goal.

Well, look at this. This bar is near Clemson University, a college bar. Its in the upper state of SC, a very conservative area, near the Greenville Metro area halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte.

This courageous, small business owning American practice HIS right and his free speech.

SC passed a law allowing people to carry guns into bars. Booze and bullets, they mix, right?

Anyway, bars can post signs banning CWP holders from packing heat (you know, "just in case" they need to stand their ground by the pool tables).

This guy's sign not only bans them, but quotes: “NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

He couldn't have said it any better. I support the right to own a gun, and keep it at your home and in your car. But I do NOT want to be next to some right wing idiot who needs to pack heat every time he goes to a bar or movie or walk in the park. Those folks are just not the type of people I want to be around, and God Bless America for allowing this brave small business owner to practice his right to keep those idiots out of his business.

If I had a kid that went to Clemson, I'd hope they'd choose this bar as their choice watering hole (hey, they're gonna go out and drink, face it:doubt:)

I agree with the bar owner having the right to prohibit guns in his bar. However, there is no reason to post the word "douchebag" on the sign. Then it goes beyond his property rights and becomes a situation where he is spouting off his own political views. I would not choose to stay out of a bar that didn't allow guns. However, I wouldn't want to go somewhere that the owner wants to spout off his political views and run off customers. I don't like stupid people and from a business perspective, it is stupid to call people names who have differing political views. Therefore, I will not be making a trip to visit his bar.

He couldn't have said it any better.

Sure he could have, but you're as immature and reactionary as he is which is why you think it's so great.

All he had to do was post a sign banning concealed weapons from his establishment and there likely would have been little fuss over it, but since he chose to be an asshole and insult millions of people who choose to exercise their civil rights he may face a backlash over it and rightly so. That's how the free market works.

He's free to be foolish. However, when he gets robbed he has no one to blame but himself there. Advertising that you are defenseless is not a prudent marketing goal.

I'd be more concerned about losing business, if I were him.

Good!! As a gun owner I cannot understand why guns should be allowed in a bar, that's all they need is some tanked up hillbilly with a loaded firearm in a bar looking for a fight, no good can come of it. In addition the bar owner has to think about the liability issue.

If someone did pull a gun to rob him, the LAST thing he'd want is for 3-4 rednecks (who possibly are drinking) to pull out their heat and start blazing rounds at the bad guy........inevitably missing several times and sending bullets into the crowd and backdrop of whatever is behind them. Especially since 99.9% of business robberies end without a shot fired by the bad guy.

You guys talk like the CWP holder is gonna have the precision and coolness under pressure of a Navy SEAL, and he's gonna just jump up and fire one precision round to end the threat.

The wont. Most CWP holders have VERY little training outside of putting holes in a static paper target.

Bullets flying in a crowd is never good, especially if the shooter may have been drinking.

This guy is a patriot for standing HIS ground as a business owner.

Well, it is his property. Liberals like it because it's about banning guns. If he wanted to ban blacks or homosexuals, they would be out protesting his establishment and filing court proceedings. It's the hypocrisy thing.

Good!! As a gun owner I cannot understand why guns should be allowed in a bar, that's all they need is some tanked up hillbilly with a loaded firearm in a bar looking for a fight, no good can come of it. In addition the bar owner has to think about the liability issue.

You do realize that this is already legal in most states, right? Would you care to point out all the deaths of people in bars because a "tanked up hillbilly with a loaded firearm in a bar" was looking for a fight?

It's a college bar for college kids.

Yep. And you only have to be 18 in SC to own a pistol.

So, a college bar in a college town full of drunk college kids.............doesn't need the douchebags who think they need to bring their guns to the college bar to watch the Clemson vs South Carolina football game. People who feel they need to be armed for that are, indeed, douchebags.

If someone did pull a gun to rob him, the LAST thing he'd want is for 3-4 rednecks (who possibly are drinking) to pull out their heat and start blazing rounds at the bad guy........inevitably missing several times and sending bullets into the crowd and backdrop of whatever is behind them. Especially since 99.9% of business robberies end without a shot fired by the bad guy.

You guys talk like the CWP holder is gonna have the precision and coolness under pressure of a Navy SEAL, and he's gonna just jump up and fire one precision round to end the threat.

The wont. Most CWP holders have VERY little training outside of putting holes in a static paper target.

Bullets flying in a crowd is never good, especially if the shooter may have been drinking.

This guy is a patriot for standing HIS ground as a business owner.

Most CWP holders have better training than the cops. But as you so correctly point out, it's his bar, he can certainly do as he wishes. I don't frequent places like that, as they are generally filled with losers, but to each their own...

100% agree. I own guns, and have trained with them a lot, under high stress situations. And know that guns DO NOT mix in certain crowds and environments. And the only thing worse than a gun being in a volatile situation..............is a gun in the hands of a person who THINKS they are capable, but truly aren't, and then trying to take unnecessary action.

So, a college bar in a college town full of drunk college kids.............doesn't need the douchebags who think they need to bring their guns to the college bar to watch the Clemson vs South Carolina football game. People who feel they need to be armed for that are, indeed, douchebags.

Federal Law mandates 21. Last I checked Fed law supersedes State law every time.

You do realize that this is already legal in most states, right? Would you care to point out all the deaths of people in bars because a "tanked up hillbilly with a loaded firearm in a bar" was looking for a fight?

Once again they think a sign will make a difference.like it has magical powers.

Federal Law mandates 21. Last I checked Fed law supersedes State law every time.

21 to carry, not to own.

Living in SC, I see some of these "douchebags" the bar owner is talking about.

They're normal everyday folks, who abide laws. Which means, they are NOT out in the bad streets buying or selling drugs, aren't inviting shady people over to their homes. Aren't wandering the streets drunk at night.

In other words, they live a life in which they face almost no real danger. The most dangerous thing they face is probably the threat of a drunk driver, or the neighbors dog biting them.

Yet, every day, they pack their heat, saying things like "I always carry, just in case". And they truly wanna carry in a bar, a mall, a movie, a wedding. Anywhere and everywhere. And really for no good reason.

Sure, you may say there is a tiny chance of random crime. But it is outweighed by the chance of tragic accidents. Or, worse, some redneck with an itchy trigger finger deciding to "stand his ground" in a bar argument, shooting and missing and killing an innocent person. Just happened in Charleston lately.

Forum List

Back