S. Carolina bar posts ban on concealed guns, calls those who carry "d-bags"

Well, look at this. This bar is near Clemson University, a college bar. Its in the upper state of SC, a very conservative area, near the Greenville Metro area halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte.

This courageous, small business owning American practice HIS right and his free speech.

SC passed a law allowing people to carry guns into bars. Booze and bullets, they mix, right?

Anyway, bars can post signs banning CWP holders from packing heat (you know, "just in case" they need to stand their ground by the pool tables).

This guy's sign not only bans them, but quotes: “NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

He couldn't have said it any better. I support the right to own a gun, and keep it at your home and in your car. But I do NOT want to be next to some right wing idiot who needs to pack heat every time he goes to a bar or movie or walk in the park. Those folks are just not the type of people I want to be around, and God Bless America for allowing this brave small business owner to practice his right to keep those idiots out of his business.

If I had a kid that went to Clemson, I'd hope they'd choose this bar as their choice watering hole (hey, they're gonna go out and drink, face it:doubt:)

Good!! As a gun owner I cannot understand why guns should be allowed in a bar, that's all they need is some tanked up hillbilly with a loaded firearm in a bar looking for a fight, no good can come of it. In addition the bar owner has to think about the liability issue.

Looking for an amen? You got one.

In Florida, you cannot bring your weapon into a place were the primary purpose is serving alcoholic beverages. If you go into a Holiday Inn restaurant you can order beer or even a mixed drink with your meal, but if you take a seat at the bar you violate the law. You can also go into liquor store because they sell alcohol but do not serve it. Once , a long time ago, I went to a place that was both a bar and a liquor store. You could enter the liquor store either from the outside or from the bar area. On this particular night, the outside entrance to the liquor store was locked, so I knocked on the door. The attendant motioned for me to come around through the bar. I told him I was armed and could not enter the bar. At first he looked shocked but he unlocked the door for me.

I drink, I carry and I drive but to me, but drinking and carrying makes as much sense as drinking and driving.

lol, from what I've read the bar and it's owner has has multiple citations filed against it

so it sounds like a reputable place you libs should visit

check out the bars yelp page --LOL

--------------------------

1.0 star rating 3/20/2014
Zero is not an option but if food poisoning is in you to do list have a try.

Wait staff? Yes if that means you are the one who is waiting.

Water tasted like something died in the kitchen and swam into the pipes.

Ground beef was obviously not refrigerated or purchased and left out.

Seriously? Will not be in business long.
---------------------------------------

In town to visit my nephew and thought I would try a night out for a beer here.

Beer was warm.

Staff was cold...

Nuff Said...
-------------------------------

Yuck. Just Yuck.

Dirty, smelly, with insolent staff.

Warm beer served in a dirty glass.

Need I say more?
-----------------------------------

I don't mind that the restaurant doesn't allow CCW because I believe in "your house; your rules". But to post up a tasteless sign that needlessly insults an entire group of people is a different story.

I hope this place goes out of business. The owner made his bed and now has to sleep in it. He is a loser and a douchebag.
----------------------------------

1.0 star rating 3/19/2014
Chicken wings served almost raw , 81 Burger had a odd green color to it.... Beer list is uninviting. The owner is a jerk...

Now, with all their recent press, there is even more reason not to return!

-----------------------------

The owner has exhibited a practice of denigrating an entire class of people by posting signs in his establishment referring to them as "Douchbags". He has made it very clear that he does not want their business. That being said, if you plan to dine here you should be very concerned about your safety and security. The owner has inadvertently made it quite clear that those carrying illegal firearms are welcome on the premises.

This kind of reminds me of the owner of the diner in MA that refused to serve the Vet with PTSD because he didn't believe the Vet's service dog was a service dog. If I remember right, his business went in the toilet too.
-------------------------------------

No legal guns = I'm not spending my money here!
My money travels to pubs I feel safe at!
---------------------------

Greeted by terrible service and snide attitudes.

Worse even, the food tasted like it was microwaved. Will not visit again.

Backstreets Pub & Grill - Clemson, SC | Yelp

Lol, what a freaking dive. Hell, you would more than likely die from food poisoning in this joint. The food has probably affected the OP's mind hence the proclivity to gravitate towards rednecks and such.

the owner paid yelp to remove the neg comments

but more are coming in

i would not eat there

first it sounds horrible

and two i believe in free market

and choose not to eat in a place

that does not want my business anyways

Backstreets Pub & Grill - Clemson, SC | Yelp

1.0 star rating 3/21/2014
Awww, Peter Matsko paid Yelp to remove his detractors' reviews.,, (see The Washington Times article about how Yelp made money on this one.)

Here's a news flash, Yelp.

I was in the business,

The feces, urine, and used toilet paper on the bathroom floor were disgusting, as was the employee who was kneeling inside one of the toilet stalls. What was he doing? I don't know, but I saw him come out of the bathroom and go back into the kitchen.

The sign on the door was disgusting enough. That he has that attitude about firearm owners is bad enough (even though he carries one concealed himself). But as he carries a concealed weapon in the bar makes him not only a hypocrite--but a coward as well.

By your own definition, Peter, you're a douchebag and a loser. Right?

Frankly, the damage has been done. Peter's name, photograph, and personal details have been sent out to pilots worldwide -- including a photo of Backstreets and another showing what was written on the sign. He can't pay you enough money, Yelp, to retract the notices that went out about him.

Disgusting to think my blood was shed for someone like him. And that, Yelp, was also a part of my actual customer experience, except I paid for his freedom before going into his crappy establishment.

The beer did taste like someone peed in it. All three of us noticed it with our first beer. A gift from a beer distributor, perhaps?

I'm glad that Peter feels the superiority to be the only person carrying a concealed firearm in Backstreets Pub & Grill.

I hope to God that the warnings you erased about this business come back to haunt you, Yelp, when someone is murdered in this bar -- or a bystander is shot and killed by the owner. As I screen copied the more succinct and pithy reviews, I'll gladly give plaintiff's attorneys the reviews warning other customers about Peter and his establishment which you erased -- and might otherwise have saved a life.

Thanks for your vote!

Useful 5 Funny 2 Cool 2
Adam G.
Adam G.
Mountain View, CA
7 friends
20 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Adam G.
Was there on March 18. Terrible food and rude service.

Dry, dry burgers. Greasy starchy fries.

Many better options around Clemson.

Thanks for your vote!

Useful 17 Funny 2 Cool 3
Warren G.
Warren G.
Evans, GA
1 friend
17 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Warren G.
Poor service and food quality.

Thanks for your vote!

Useful 19 Funny 3 Cool 3
Ron R.
Ron R.
Washington D.C., DC
0 friends
23 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Ron R.
Staff is a bit on the uppity side for being the purveyors of average pub food....

Thanks for your vote!

Useful 11 Funny 3 Cool 3
Jerry G.
Jerry G.
San Antonio, TX
0 friends
14 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Jerry G.
Why would you go to a place that not only serves unhealthy food but also doesn't believe in the constitution???

Please make yourself a favor, and stay way from this junk food place, it is not good for your health, neither for your wallet !!!

Thanks for your vote!

Useful 4 Funny 2 Cool 2
Harry R.
Harry R.
Thomasville, NC
0 friends
7 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Harry R.
I had a burger today at backstreets, I ordered my burger medium. I got it almost burnt to a crisp. The fries that I had with the burger were decent but almost tasted like they hadn't been cooked all the way.

The gentleman who I spoke with about the fries was kinda helpful. Except that the fries that he gave me to replace the cold ones tasted exactly the same as the previous batch.

The only part of my meal that was really good was the soda and the ranch dressing. Because ranch dressing will make anything taste better.

.... Link?

Seriously? You can't debate the issue so we're gonna discover that there's urine in a bar? That's it?

Still waiting for that link to James Holmes' plans too Haiku Man. Are they coming in a package or something?

:bs1:

.... Link?

Seriously? You can't debate the issue so we're gonna discover that there's urine in a bar? That's it?

Still waiting for that link to James Holmes' plans too Haiku Man. Are they coming in a package or something?

--LOL

what is there to debate

the guy slams a bunch of folks turns his place into

a political hot potato and gets it back

that is the way it goes

.... Link?

--LOL

what is there to debate

that is the way it goes

So you have nothing for either claim. You make your own facts in-house. Bankrupt. Emptyhanded. Bereft. It's not just haiku; it's fiction too.

Thanks for playin'.

.... Link?

--LOL

what is there to debate

that is the way it goes

So you have nothing for either claim. You make your own facts in-house. Bankrupt. Emptyhanded. Bereft. It's not just haiku; it's fiction too.

Thanks for playin'.

he did the same thing with trip adviser

but ended up in a worse position then before the edit

--LOL

Roaches in the bathroom! - Review of Backstreets Pub & Deli, Clemson, SC - TripAdvisor

bank on it

there will be more reviews posted

dont like too bad

Again, made up crap and off the topic completely because you can't deal with it.

Haiku, your posts remind me of a Russian cultural icon: "Bolshoi".

Now performing the Butthurt Ballet.

:bsflag:

Last edited:
And your evidence that this is so is.....??

You're the one who made the assertion, it's your to prove...
Umm, no, it's in YOUR post.

As I suspected, you just made it up with no evidence to back it.

Truth is neither of us know what motivates a robber

Of course we do: A desire for goods or money, a lack of interest in earning them legitimately, and a belief they can get away with committing crimes to get them instead.

Again and again you keep making clearly false statements with no interest in telling the truth. What is your purpose in doing so?

Er, no. You're the one who said that robbers would care if people were armed or not. It's yours to prove....you have no evidence other than you assuming they would give a shit.

If you want to make shit up as you go along, then off you go. But don't call me a liar, and don't expect to take your word on something just because you said so...

Still no one has answered the question, or even tried, except one obvious liar:

Which bar is the robber more likely to try to knock over? The one where he knows there are probably some armed people in the crowd? Or the one where he's sure there are none... because gunz are forbidden by a sign that calls CCW's "losers" and "douchebags"?

Nobody knows. How desperate is the robber? Is he or she high? Are they self-confident or scared shitless in the first place?

You haven't a clue liar....

You don't live in a country where large cities have HUNDREDS of cold-blooded murders every year, where mentally unstable people with guns kill people in movie theaters, shopping malls, and schools, and where people who are frightened of guns advocate taking guns away from law-abiding citizens who just want to protect themselves.

Australia is a great place, but don't try to compare apples to oranges. It may make some people wonder if ALL Aussies are as IDIOTIC as YOU are.

Your first paragraph is true with regard to the loons you have up there. But all you guys do is perpetuate it so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy by making your society awash with guns...

I'm not Australian dickhead....

Last edited:
--LOL

what is there to debate

that is the way it goes

Thanks for playin'.

he did the same thing with trip adviser

but ended up in a worse position then before the edit

--LOL

Roaches in the bathroom! - Review of Backstreets Pub & Deli, Clemson, SC - TripAdvisor

bank on it

there will be more reviews posted

dont like too bad

What a douche. You'd destroy a guys business because he doesn't want you to carry a gun in his establishment. Only a low-life scum sucker would wish that on anybody...

Well, look at this. This bar is near Clemson University, a college bar. Its in the upper state of SC, a very conservative area, near the Greenville Metro area halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte.

This courageous, small business owning American practice HIS right and his free speech.

SC passed a law allowing people to carry guns into bars. Booze and bullets, they mix, right?

Anyway, bars can post signs banning CWP holders from packing heat (you know, "just in case" they need to stand their ground by the pool tables).

This guy's sign not only bans them, but quotes: “NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

He couldn't have said it any better. I support the right to own a gun, and keep it at your home and in your car. But I do NOT want to be next to some right wing idiot who needs to pack heat every time he goes to a bar or movie or walk in the park. Those folks are just not the type of people I want to be around, and God Bless America for allowing this brave small business owner to practice his right to keep those idiots out of his business.

If I had a kid that went to Clemson, I'd hope they'd choose this bar as their choice watering hole (hey, they're gonna go out and drink, face it:doubt:)

Good!! As a gun owner I cannot understand why guns should be allowed in a bar, that's all they need is some tanked up hillbilly with a loaded firearm in a bar looking for a fight, no good can come of it. In addition the bar owner has to think about the liability issue.

So got a link to a recent rampage by a tanked up hillbilly?

lol, you libtards are so fucking ignorant.

And if you think it unsafe to drink while armed, then don't.

Leave the rest of us the hell alone, you fucking fascist pig.

No one needs your fucking approval, get over yourself.

100% agree. I own guns, and have trained with them a lot, under high stress situations. And know that guns DO NOT mix in certain crowds and environments. .

What a bullshit ambiguous statement.

Fuck you, fascist dog.

Living in SC, I see some of these "douchebags" the bar owner is talking about.

They're normal everyday folks, who abide laws. Which means, they are NOT out in the bad streets buying or selling drugs, aren't inviting shady people over to their homes. Aren't wandering the streets drunk at night.

In other words, they live a life in which they face almost no real danger. The most dangerous thing they face is probably the threat of a drunk driver, or the neighbors dog biting them.

Yet, every day, they pack their heat, saying things like "I always carry, just in case". And they truly wanna carry in a bar, a mall, a movie, a wedding. Anywhere and everywhere. And really for no good reason.

Sure, you may say there is a tiny chance of random crime. But it is outweighed by the chance of tragic accidents. Or, worse, some redneck with an itchy trigger finger deciding to "stand his ground" in a bar argument, shooting and missing and killing an innocent person. Just happened in Charleston lately.

And really for no good reason.

The problem is YOU don't get to make that call.

That's not a problem; that is a good thing.

We don't need fascist punks making up laws based on their whim and fancy.

If someone did pull a gun to rob him, the LAST thing he'd want is for 3-4 rednecks (who possibly are drinking) to pull out their heat and start blazing rounds at the bad guy........inevitably missing several times and sending bullets into the crowd and backdrop of whatever is behind them.

Like the NYPD?

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

Who do you think has more training with firearms - the NYPD or the average gun owner?

The argument that cops accidentally shoot bystanders doesn't come close to even suggesting that basically untrained drunk idiots would somehow be better.

Depends on the type of cop; desk bound paper pushers are definitely not trained as well as the average CCW holder. The CCW holder at least has to go to the range once every five years.

Arguing The Case For Police Accountability - Part 1

Forum List

Back