Rush Limbaugh Assails Government...Truth comes out

Rush is getting eclipsed in the public eye by Glen Beck and Sarah Palin so I guess he's got to start making more outrageous statements to get attention.

Frankly, I like both Glen and Sarah better than Rush.

You like being told what, where, when, and HOW by a government that can't be responsible to those that elected them...and continue to rob from you for thier self interests and their lobbyist sponsors?

Really Sallow? Do you not honor your own Liberty?

You can shun the bums...or become one of them.

No..actually I want them doing what they should be doing...working for me.

I think we have different ideas of what the government should be doing. So I will nutshell my idea.

Take a steak sandwich.

When I order a steak sandwich..I want bread..and fresh beef.

Most sandwich outfits will give me just that. But some will give me sawdust bread and rat meat. I don't want that. I don't want to check every sandwich I order for that. I don't have the time do to that. I want to order my sandwich, eat it and get to work..or where ever I am going.

So the government, for the most part, makes sure that I can trust the sandwich outfit, to give me what I ordered.
In that model, you're too stupid to know steak from rat meat.

That's your problem.

Why not? He's obviously too stupid to tell the difference between the federal government and local government. He seems to think that if it's a good idea for your county health department to inspect restaurants, that must mean it's a good idea for the federal government to micromanage his entire life. :cuckoo:

And government became, "untrustable", when?

When the President was elected by a majority of Americans in 2009? And not when the President was installed by a majority of judges in 2001?

Seriously?

Government has always been untrustworthy, dumbass, and not just when you suddenly got all butt-hurt because you weren't allowed to steal it. Only a child or a moron believes that you can hand any body of human beings power over others and their lives, property, and freedom, and just wander off, whistling, to tend to your life without watching them. Duhhh.

The saying, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" has been around forever. Where the fuck have YOU been?

"If the government were a person, we would consider it a bum, a failure, a troll living underneath the bridge - somebody that can't get a job, can't hold a job, can't live within its means. All it can do is ask for another handout. The government's a bum."~Rush Limbaugh December 1, 2010

-Nailed-

Ladies and gents? This is your government 200+ years after the Founders told us to be vigilant and perserve what they gave us.
That's truly ABSURD! :lol:

I guess the wingnuts momentarily forgot their USMB mantra.

Rush? Rush who? Nah, we never listen to him!
They do that when I use his own words to make a liar of himself.

January 19, 2009
RUSH: I don't see groups of people.

April 8, 2008
RUSH: Any person or organization who is not conservative by definition will be a liberal.

February 28, 2009 CPAC
RUSH: Let me tell you who we conservatives are: We love people. [Applause] When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don't see groups.

December 15, 2008
RUSH: These guys are Washingtonians. And what is a Washingtonian? Who are these people? Ladies and gentlemen, they have driven this economy into the toilet. Washingtonians are tone deaf in terms of how you and I actually live and the things that matter and are important to us. Washingtonians are grabbing as much power for themselves right now as possible.

General Powell says we need to reach out to Hispanic, blacks, and Asians. Well, how do we do that? What kind of message does he suggest? I never hear the how to do it. I just hear we need to do it. And in my mind, we already have the blueprint for how to do it. We have done it successfully. We abandoned the blueprint. It's called individual freedom, liberty, and not seeing them as Hispanics and not seeing them as Asians and not seeing them as blacks or minorities but rather seeing them as Americans, human beings. Liberals look at people and groupify them and then think of them with contempt.

General Powell has no vision. He is not in touch with the public in any meaningful way. He's a Washingtonian.

December 1, 2010
RUSH: * So here's this guy now describing the Marcel Duchamp self-portrayal as important, strange, and brave.* This is a term that the artsy croissant crowd uses.

May 13, 2010
RUSH: Conservatives remember that "we, the people" are the government. ... We do not divide people by groups. We do not see groups. *We do not look at people and decide that they're not this or not that or not competent, based on how they look or how they dress.*

Feb 25, 2008
RUSH: We are letting a bunch of long-haired, maggot-infested, dope-smoking, Birkenstock-wearing, linguine-spined liberals determine how this country grows or not, environmentalist numskulls who place a higher value on a kangaroo rat or a snail darter than your kids!*

Apr 16, 2010
RUSH: These long-haired, maggot-infested, dope-smoking types that work at the health food store.

Rush is getting eclipsed in the public eye by Glen Beck and Sarah Palin so I guess he's got to start making more outrageous statements to get attention.

Frankly, I like both Glen and Sarah better than Rush.

Exactly. It's been a long long time since 1994 when the Republicans who won Congress specifically thanked Limbaugh for getting them elected.

You like being told what, where, when, and HOW by a government that can't be responsible to those that elected them...and continue to rob from you for thier self interests and their lobbyist sponsors?

I think we have different ideas of what the government should be doing. So I will nutshell my idea.

Take a steak sandwich.

Most sandwich outfits will give me just that. But some will give me sawdust bread and rat meat. I don't want that. I don't want to check every sandwich I order for that. I don't have the time do to that. I want to order my sandwich, eat it and get to work..or where ever I am going.

So the government, for the most part, makes sure that I can trust the sandwich outfit, to give me what I ordered.

Then you have no idea what the governments role should be. It's role is not to regulate industry but to create an enviroment where industry can flourish and to insure the nations security.

If you don't like the steak sandwich you ordered then you have the freedom to choose another sandwich shop.

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity. Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address.

I know this is probably and exercise in futility..but what the heck:

Preamble Note
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

So let me break it down for you..

Insuring the sandwich shop sells safe food:
-Promotes the general welfare by insuring that the food is safe to eat.
-Promotes commerce because customers will return to the shop..to buy from them again, and not to lynch to shop owner.
-And both are well within the powers of congress.

And government became, "untrustable", when?

When the President was elected by a majority of Americans in 2009? And not when the President was installed by a majority of judges in 2001?

Seriously?

Government has always been untrustworthy, dumbass, and not just when you suddenly got all butt-hurt because you weren't allowed to steal it. Only a child or a moron believes that you can hand any body of human beings power over others and their lives, property, and freedom, and just wander off, whistling, to tend to your life without watching them. Duhhh.

The saying, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" has been around forever. Where the fuck have YOU been?

:lol:

You really are a bitch..ain't ya?

I really wish I could understand this obsession with people like Rush... on either side.

Like him or not? he is a Constitutionalist...first and foremost. Entertainer? Certainly. Provoker of thought? Discourse? Absolutely.

The quote I posted is absolutely on the mark. This thread is really about that quote...but has morphed into something different unfortunately.

Shame on me for allowing it...but is insightful nonetheless.

Provoker of controversy.... for ratings. The shame on you is for falling for it. Pity of it is that apparently some people are incapable of thinking for themselves and prefer to get their opinions from the likes of Rush or the HuffPuff.

Odd CG. Seems I think the same thing of Government that Rush does. Which is why I posted it. If truth be known? He says alot of what I think as does Boortz, Levin, Ingraham, and a few others. And when they state something that mirrors my thoughts? You can can bet a dollar that I will state it when it is pertinent to my train of thinking.

Granted I don't agree with everything the above mentioned say or do. But agains when they say something that mirrors me? You'll know it.

Rush is dead on with this one.

Don't play stupid, Sallow....or are you that stupid?
I think it was 4-5 newspapers came in after the election and did an independent count. I believe it was 4 out of the five stated that Bush would have won Florida. So if you want to hang your hat on that one independent count, that even stated they had to use the most liberal way to count....feel free, but you would look like a partisan die hard to eveyone else.

Erm..adding to that was that one of the judges was appointed by his Father's running mate and good friend of his vice.

And you think all those circumstances are normal and above board..then grats..

Deflect all you want, but the facts are there and they aren't in your favor....so go ahead and ignore them. Now, I'm not going to hijack this thread any longer.

Hijack away. You have that power. :eusa_shhh::lol::eusa_whistle:

That's your problem.

Okay..start coding your own damned operating system.

Ready..set..go!
Non sequitur....Neither Gates nor Jobs needed a subsidy.

Besides, if we were relying on gubmint to write software, we'd still be using FORTRAN II.

Hell man? In that veign? We'd all still be using TRS 80 Model Ones with 4K RAM and cassette drives with no available upgrades. ;)

Take a steak sandwich.

That's your problem.

Bon appetite! :lol:

Take a steak sandwich.

Then you have no idea what the governments role should be. It's role is not to regulate industry but to create an enviroment where industry can flourish and to insure the nations security.

If you don't like the steak sandwich you ordered then you have the freedom to choose another sandwich shop.

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity. Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address.

Preamble Note
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

-Promotes commerce because customers will return to the shop..to buy from them again, and not to lynch to shop owner.

James Madison stated that the “general welfare” clause was not intended to give Congress an open hand “to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare.” If by the “general welfare,” the Founding Fathers had meant any and all social, economic, or educational programs Congress wanted to create, there would have been no reason to list specific powers of Congress such as establishing courts and maintaining the armed forces. Those powers would simply have been included in one all-encompassing phrase, to “promote the general welfare.”

general welfare

“If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and its (sic) will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions." James Madison, Letter to Edmund Pendleton, January 21, 1792

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated." - Thomas Jefferson

"With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." James Madison, Letter to James Robertson, April 20, 1831

Take a steak sandwich.

Preamble Note

James Madison stated that the “general welfare” clause was not intended to give Congress an open hand “to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare.” If by the “general welfare,” the Founding Fathers had meant any and all social, economic, or educational programs Congress wanted to create, there would have been no reason to list specific powers of Congress such as establishing courts and maintaining the armed forces. Those powers would simply have been included in one all-encompassing phrase, to “promote the general welfare.”

general welfare

“If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and its (sic) will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions." James Madison, Letter to Edmund Pendleton, January 21, 1792

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated." - Thomas Jefferson

"With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." James Madison, Letter to James Robertson, April 20, 1831
But your own qualifications to the general welfare clause do not support your claim that government's role is not to regulate industry when regulating commerce among the states is one of the specifically enumerated powers in the Constitution!!!!!

general welfare

But your own qualifications to the general welfare clause do not support your claim that government's role is not to regulate industry when regulating commerce among the states is one of the specifically enumerated powers in the Constitution!!!!!

The powers granted to congress are listed in Article I, Section 8. Paragraph 3 gives Congress authority "To regulate Commerce with Foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes." This power "to regulate commerce" is probably the most abused part of the entire Constitution. When the founders granted congress the power to "regulate" trade, they did so to correct a deficiency that existed in the then current Articles of Confederation.

In 1778, during the American Revolutionary war, the states formed a union under the Articles of Confederation which ensured that: "Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not by this Confederation expressly delegated to the United States, in Congress assembled."

The states' sovereignty under the Articles of Confederation resulted in states which erected protectionist trade barriers. A state might heavily tax a commodity from out of state while not taxing the same commodity produced within the state. Land-locked states would be at the mercy of states with coastal access and good harbors, if those states decided to tax imports leaving their states.

It was therefore with the intention of promoting trade and removing trade barriers that the congress was granted the power to regulate trade. The Founding Fathers did not mean "regulate" in the sense of restricting but rather they wanted to promote trade among the states and prevent barriers to trade.

Alexander Hamilton, in Federalist #22 notes that "The interfering and unneighborly regulations of some States..." were "contrary to the true spirit of the Union" and thus Congress was empowered to regulate trade so as to prevent "interfering and unneighborly regulations." Had the founding fathers imagined how the commerce clause would later be used to micro-manage and intrude into every aspect of our daily lives, they would have doubtless been more explicit in explaining this particular power of congress.

The end of federal restraint came with FDR and his New Deal. Among the many unconstitutional acts implemented as part of the New Deal was the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1938, intended to prop up food prices by keeping production low. The law provided that farmers could be fined if they produced more than their allotment of various crops. Since crops very often cross state lines in commerce ("Commerce ... among the several States ..."), congress felt that such regulations were constitutional.

Wickard v. Filburn (1942) was the Supreme Court ruling which upheld extending congress' regulation even to items that do not cross state lines in commerce, or, for that matter, which are not involved in commerce.

Read the rest here.

Last edited:

Preamble Note

general welfare

I tried.

Oh well.

general welfare

Justice Thomas summarized what the Framers' definition might have been as controlling the "selling, buying, and bartering, as well as transporting for these purposes." This allows laws to be made governing these transactions. Nothing about regulating consumption.

Commerce used in the Constitution means business or commercial exchanges. Again nothing about regulating consumption.

My example had nothing to do with consumption.

general welfare

Justice Thomas summarized what the Framers' definition might have been as controlling the "selling, buying, and bartering, as well as transporting for these purposes." This allows laws to be made governing these transactions. Nothing about regulating consumption.

Commerce used in the Constitution means business or commercial exchanges. Again nothing about regulating consumption.
Long Dong Thomas is not qualified to summarize anything.

But thank you for admitting you were dead wrong about about the general welfare clause by changing "regulating INDUSTRY" to "regulating CONSUMPTION."

My example had nothing to do with consumption.

Why am I not surprised by your blatant lie. Did you forget what you wrote?

"Insuring the sandwich shop sells safe food:"

What is the food for if not for consumption?

Forum List

Back