Rush Limbaugh Assails Government...Truth comes out

Rush is not a "Constitutionalist". He doesn't even know the Constitution. He quoted the Declaration of Independence at a Conservative love fest as the Constitution...because it mentioned religion.

My greatest regret in life is I only started to listen to El Rushbo a few years ago....To my delight I saw he and I agree on a great many things...I see the liberal radio station in my area has put Fat Head Ed Shultz up against the mighty Rush.Let's see how long that lasts.

Not long....

On your 1st thought though... I was lucky enough to find his show when he was ontv in the 80's.

I was a teenager and thought... wow, this guy makes so much sense, and have been a fan ever since.

I dont always agree with him 100%, but daing if it is'nt 99.9%!
The whole thing is understanding 'Illustrating the absurd...by being absurd..."

It's a thought provoking winning formula. And who would agree with anyone 100% of the time? If that happens it means that independent thought ceases. ;)

Rush is not a "Constitutionalist". He doesn't even know the Constitution. He quoted the Declaration of Independence at a Conservative love fest as the Constitution...because it mentioned religion.

Thanks for showing your own ignorance on The Constitution..... it all goes hand in hand with The Declaration of Independence.
:eusa_shhh:

Oh and one more thing... why do you moonbats keep saying things that Rushbo says.

Sounds to me that you guys listen in too.... maybe you should pay attention more often. You might actually learn something.

Last edited:
Now...back to the origin of this thread...this thought:

Quote:
"If the government were a person, we would consider it a bum, a failure, a troll living underneath the bridge - somebody that can't get a job, can't hold a job, can't live within its means. All it can do is ask for another handout. The government's a bum."~Rush Limbaugh December 1, 2010
Now debate this idea...if you dare. Please? No more of the guy that said it?:eusa_hand:

My greatest regret in life is I only started to listen to El Rushbo a few years ago....To my delight I saw he and I agree on a great many things...I see the liberal radio station in my area has put Fat Head Ed Shultz up against the mighty Rush.Let's see how long that lasts.

Not long....

On your 1st thought though... I was lucky enough to find his show when he was ontv in the 80's.

I was a teenager and thought... wow, this guy makes so much sense, and have been a fan ever since.

It's a thought provoking winning formula. And who would agree with anyone 100% of the time? If that happens it means that independent thought ceases. ;)

That would make me a drone too... :eek:

What do Rush's words mean exactly? One can say anything, so? At least post something with substance, content, context. One can hear remarks like that from any hack, any time, at any place, means nothing. Whining hasn't become intelligent, it remains whining. While it is un-PC to say this, one has to be genuinely stupid to listen to and to take serious Rush's propaganda.

"And there can be little doubt as to the effectiveness of Limbaugh's propaganda: In the intervening years, it has become an object of faith, particularly in rural America where Limbaugh's broadcasts can often be heard multiple times throughout the day, that the government is in itself evil, a corrupt entity, something to be distrusted and feared, and certainly incapable of actually solving problems.

Now that the president he supported -- George W. Bush -- is running the show, however, Limbaugh's anti-government bent has faded quickly and quietly to the background. After all, being anti-government seems practically anti-Republican these days, considering the GOP owns all three branches of government and virtually controls the Fourth Estate as well." Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis

"Take another example, during some of the most contentious days of the Bush administration, Rush Limbaugh had the audacity to insinuate that the Democrats hate this government. They certainly hated the now-departed occupant of the White House, but what rational person believes that Democrats, the official big government party, actually hates government? What they hated most about the Bush years was that they were in the minority for most of them.

What Rush Limbaugh actually hated was that Democrats were speaking ill of the president. I cannot say if el Rushbo actually wanted to see the reintroduction of the Sedition Act of 1798 that made it a crime to criticize the president, but he did speak of the Democrats with such vigor that the entire party in question must have been guilty of treason.

Mr. Limbaugh simply babbled on and on about how the liberals just hate the country, all the while he continues to defend the record of George W. Bush." http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=12202

Quote:
"If the government were a person, we would consider it a bum, a failure, a troll living underneath the bridge - somebody that can't get a job, can't hold a job, can't live within its means. All it can do is ask for another handout. The government's a bum."~Rush Limbaugh December 1, 2010
Now debate this idea...if you dare. Please? No more of the guy that said it?:eusa_hand:

There is nothing to debate. It's one person's hyperbole-laden opinion.

A person can disagree, and I do, but it's not like you can really debate someone on their opinion. Especially when it's long on insults and short on quantitative fact.

Not long....

That would make me a drone too... :eek:

I wouldn't say that. I've seen many of your posts that would preclude that notion.

Quote:

A person can disagree, and I do, but it's not like you can really debate someone on their opinion. Especially when it's long on insults and short on quantitative fact.

What exactly is wrong with what was said...?

I would've said this:

If the government were a person, I would consider it a gun toting thug, a failure, a troll walking around with a gun - somebody that can't get a job, other than drug dealing, can't live within its means b/c they keep sampling their crack too often. All it can do is stick their BIG GUN in your face and demand more money! The government's a gun toting thug! ~ The Infidel December 1, 2010

:fu:

Quote:

There's plenty to debate. The more Government takes the more that they want just like the example.

Government has become bums affixed to money and power as a bum on the street would be to drugs or alchohol...and demand more and will do anything to get more.

There's plenty to debate. The more Government takes the more that they want just like the example.

Government has become bums affixed to money and power as a bum on the street would be to drugs or alchohol...and demand more and will do anything to get more.

That scares me to death!

I no longer can trust my OWN gov't... :(

That scares me to death!

I no longer can trust my OWN gov't... :(

And anyone that does is part of the problem.

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one." ~Thomas Paine

From James Madison:

Madison addressed man’s tendencies in the Federalist Papers, No. 51 p. 322, where he wrote, “If angels were to govern men, neither external or internal controls on government would be necessary. (But lacking angels) in framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: You must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself.” This self-control is the purpose of the Constitution.

So in this? Limbaugh is correct. The government has been enabled in it's present behaviour...and seeks more.

And government became, "untrustable", when?

When the President was elected by a majority of Americans in 2009? And not when the President was installed by a majority of judges in 2001?

Seriously?

You like being told what, where, when, and HOW by a government that can't be responsible to those that elected them...and continue to rob from you for thier self interests and their lobbyist sponsors?

Really Sallow? Do you not honor your own Liberty?

You can shun the bums...or become one of them.

Quote:

sounds like the finiancial industry as well as the govt.

Forum List

Back