rural areas dont need broadband, they need jobs

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
thank you mr president for thinking that we need a broadband....(do you not have time to shut down the dial uppers or what) we need jobs...

the whole country needs jobs...remember...and yet you have done what...not created jobs...except for the census..and that is over now....do you think the oil spill will create jobs?

The economics texts for the past 70 years have preached that if you add money to an economy, the increased spending by actors in the economy creates jobs.

It is his way of adding more of a kick start to the economy.

I don't agree with it, but he is being consistant.

My way of adding money to the economy is to cut taxes on productive activity. This does not work well according to the kensian economic model, as the assumption is that people save tax cut money, but spent money goes through the economy faster. This is the mathematical model he is working with.

adding broadband does bring jobs..... how else is it going to be added to the areas? in addition to this, the 2000 plus rural schools that would get it, will be in a position to better educate their citizens, preparing them for better jobs down the road and the thousands of small businesses in rural areas will be able to increase their businesses with broadband and more home owners in rural areas can open their own small businesses from their homes... the internet is like a telephone or electricity...it IS A UTILITY in today's and tomorrow's time....adding such to rural areas without it, is building our country's infrastructure.

i will be concerned with computers in the schools ...when they have enough books....why do school have to have computers.....

if you teach a kid to read..he can read the screen and learn computers in how long?

i will be concerned with computers in the schools ...when they have enough books....why do school have to have computers.....

if you teach a kid to read..he can read the screen and learn computers in how long?

computers ARE the way of the future bones....schools are going to have all their textbooks on computer before ya know it....some schools are testing such programs now.....you don't have to carry 6 books home at night for every class's homework, but one laptop with all 6 books for your 6 different courses....!!! cool huh?

while thousands of rural schools don't even have an internet connection....all they are asking for is the damn connection being available...they will pay for the monthly service bill and for the computers....

dont stray from the basics....kids will learn the computers skills....but first they must learn the basics...even the poorest of kids seem to have video games

dont stray from the basics....kids will learn the computers skills....but first they must learn the basics...even the poorest of kids seem to have video games

there's nothing that will stop it...computers and internet are here to stay and they are the future as well....

i personally love books and the library too....but they will be in the PAST, sometime soon....whether we agree or not....i pretty much think, that can be counted on.

ahh now you sound like da man...he keeps trying to get me a 'kindle'? and i keep explaining...i like books....you can dogear your page....you can pass it on...you can leave it somewhere to be found...

computers will never replace books...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
The poor and unemployed need the Internet more than any of us.

Do you really want these people roaming the streets?

Forum List

Back