Runaway Trump Train Picks Up Speed As Aides Can’t Grab The Controls

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Paul Manafort isn’t quitting, but is said to be “frustrated.” The RNC is distancing itself. Even Trump’s kids seem powerless.

WASHINGTON ― Paul Manafort, Donald Trump’s campaign chairman, has had success dealing with hard-to-manage dictatorial types, from Imelda Marcos of the Philippines, to Jonas Savimbi of Angola, to Victor Yanukovych of Ukraine.

But he is described by close friends as “frustrated” beyond measure by his inability to manage Trump in any sense.

Reince Preibus, the pliable chair of the Republican National Committee, went to extraordinary lengths to legitimize The Donald ― but now the RNC is throwing up its hands and distancing itself.

Even longtime Trump friends ― he does have as few, such as former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani ― shake their heads at what they regard as his self-destructive knack for saying awful things at the worst times.

And insiders say Trump’s children ― said to be a moderating influence at times ― have neither the political knowledge nor the clout with their dad to restrain him, assuming that they indeed wanted to.

In all, the world of Republican operatives, insiders and elected officials has concluded ― rather too late in the game ― that Trump is an unmanageable mess who can only win the presidency if Julian Assange, Vladimir Putin or a prosecutor somewhere destroys Democratic nominee Hilary Clinton.

“This election is going to be decided by outside events,” said a patient but perhaps overly optimistic Trump adviser. “If, that is, we can figure out how to get the candidate to use them.”

More: Runaway Trump Train Picks Up Speed As Aides Can't Grab The Controls

I only have one question: What took so long?

Paul Manafort isn’t quitting, but is said to be “frustrated.” The RNC is distancing itself. Even Trump’s kids seem powerless.

WASHINGTON ― Paul Manafort, Donald Trump’s campaign chairman, has had success dealing with hard-to-manage dictatorial types, from Imelda Marcos of the Philippines, to Jonas Savimbi of Angola, to Victor Yanukovych of Ukraine.

But he is described by close friends as “frustrated” beyond measure by his inability to manage Trump in any sense.

Reince Preibus, the pliable chair of the Republican National Committee, went to extraordinary lengths to legitimize The Donald ― but now the RNC is throwing up its hands and distancing itself.

Even longtime Trump friends ― he does have as few, such as former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani ― shake their heads at what they regard as his self-destructive knack for saying awful things at the worst times.

And insiders say Trump’s children ― said to be a moderating influence at times ― have neither the political knowledge nor the clout with their dad to restrain him, assuming that they indeed wanted to.

In all, the world of Republican operatives, insiders and elected officials has concluded ― rather too late in the game ― that Trump is an unmanageable mess who can only win the presidency if Julian Assange, Vladimir Putin or a prosecutor somewhere destroys Democratic nominee Hilary Clinton.

“This election is going to be decided by outside events,” said a patient but perhaps overly optimistic Trump adviser. “If, that is, we can figure out how to get the candidate to use them.”

I hope he makes it to Nov. Drumpf is non stop comedy hour. He actually turned this election into reality TV. :laugh:

I hope he makes it to Nov. Drumpf is non stop comedy hour. He actually turned this election into reality TV. :laugh:

He beat 16 others.

He beat the fuck out of the whole Bush family. Not bad for a fucking newbie.

The people are waiting for hours to get into one of his rally's...Even Hillary's running mate errrr whats his name has commented on the lack of people at their RV road stops buuuuaaaaahahahahahahahahaha

He beat 16 others.

They were all in the GOP. I didnt take much for him to beat them. He just said stupider shit than they did and the GOP voters fell for it.

He beat 16 others.

I pity Manafort. That I do. I hope he looks at rock n roll to try to understand Trump.

I'm thinking Mickey de Sadist. One of the most brilliant players ever. Well maybe next to Joey Ramone. Longest legs I ever saw. If Manafort finally realizes who Trump is and why we fucking love him Manafort will become the best handler of the wildest candidate evah to run for office.

He beat 16 others.

They were all in the GOP. I didnt take much for him to beat them. He just said stupider shit than they did and the GOP voters fell for it.
laugh.gif

Huffington Post? There's an objective source for information about Trump.

He beat 16 others.

This has got to be the stupidest post ever. You are one dumb fuck.

He beat 16 others.

laugh.gif

No fucking guff! Like we knew it was a GOP primary OMG I can't breathe.

He beat 16 others.

In the end he won the support of less than half of his own party, and he has spent most of the time after the primaries attacking his own party. He won't win. The numbers don't exist.

Forum List

Back