Rules For Traditionals: How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

How about we compromise and let anti-gay marriage businesses acquire a special permit to deny gay weddings catering,
and all they need do is display the sign prominently on the front of their business, and in all their advertising and any websites they use, that they don't serve gays?

lol

How about we compromise and let anti-gay marriage businesses acquire a special permit to deny gay weddings catering,
and all they need do is display the sign prominently on the front of their business, and in all their advertising and any websites they use, that they don't serve gays?

lol

Won't work

They want to whisper that they hate fags not shout it out

lol
The sign should read:

DUE TO OUR DEVOTION TO THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST, WE REFUSE TO TREAT OUR NEIGHBORS AS WE WOULD HAVE OURSELVES BE TREATED, THEREFORE WE WILL NOT BAKE CAKES FOR SAME SEX WEDDINGS. PRAISE GOD.

lol

How about we make you get a permit requiring you to wear a placard saying "annoying progressive prick"?

If a business does not want to serve you, why would you want to to give your hard earned money to that business? Move on, and go support a business more worthy of your money.

Because then discrimination wins.

Or because you can't deal with the fact that others want to live differently than you. And if enough people disagree with it, the discrimination doesn't win in the long run.

What you want is the smug satisfaction of seeing someone you don't like being cast down, but you lack the courage to do it yourself, so you let government be your proxy.

lol
The sign should read:

DUE TO OUR DEVOTION TO THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST, WE REFUSE TO TREAT OUR NEIGHBORS AS WE WOULD HAVE OURSELVES BE TREATED, THEREFORE WE WILL NOT BAKE CAKES FOR SAME SEX WEDDINGS. PRAISE GOD.
That works for me. I'd be a regular customer.

lol
The sign should read:

As long as you walk around with a sign saying "I support ruining people because I disagree with them (but only when government does the dirty work for me).

lol

Won't work

And you want to ruin people without getting your hands dirty.

lol
The sign should read:

As long as you walk around with a sign saying "I support ruining people because I disagree with them (but only when government does the dirty work for me).
How does a customer, cash in hand, ruin a business? Seems that the business is shooting itself in the foot and claiming victimization at the hands of others.

lol
The sign should read:

That works for me. I'd be a regular customer.
Hypocrisy, bigotry, or any port in a storm, eh?

lol
The sign should read:

How does a customer, cash in hand, ruin a business? Seems that the business is shooting itself in the foot and claiming victimization at the hands of others.

Then let the market handle it, and keep government out of it. Its not the customer, its the $150k fine the government imposes that ruins it.

lol
The sign should read:

Then let the market handle it, and keep government out of it. Its not the customer, its the $150k fine the government imposes that ruins it.
So even public accommodation laws represent 'big government'? Aside from assuring rights, defending the coasts, delivering the mail, what else should government be doing? And doesn't this fall squarely in the 'assuring rights' category?

lol
The sign should read:

So even public accommodation laws represent 'big government'? Aside from assuring rights, defending the coasts, delivering the mail, what else should government be doing? And doesn't this fall squarely in the 'assuring rights' category?

When PA laws are applied to something as trivial as a baker for a wedding cake, yes, it is Big Government. The question is what is the more hurtful impact, A gay couple having to find another baker, or a baker being forced out of business because of their beliefs.

The whole concept of PA laws was for gross economic impact, whole portions of the population (blacks) being denied equal access to whole sectors of an economy, i.e not "a" cake, but all cakes of a given quality. To apply them to every transaction without determining the actual economic impact (not just hurt feeewwings, as in the Oregon case) is bringing a neutron bomb to a knife fight.

What sin were business people being asked to commit?

I am really curious- we know that adultery is a sin- if a Christian bakes a cake for a couple getting married who are committing adultery- is the Baker committing a sin?

If they're getting married and committing adultery, that is a CRIME. Last time I checked, bigamy is not legal.

Adultery is not a crime, moron, and gay marriage wasn't legal until judges ruled otherwise. They can just as easily rule that bigamy is not a crime.
Idiot. No support for making bigamy legal. Was gay marriage illegal in most places?

clue: name the laws that specifically said same sex marriage was illegal. Things are legal until they are not

There is plenty of support for it in Utah. What are you turds going to say when cases come before the court to allow multiple wives?

I fully support your right to file suit to allow you to have multiple wives- you have every legal right to try to convince the courts that your Constitutional rights are violated and that the State has no compelling State interest to prevent you from marrying.

And all of that is totally unrelated to the cases before the court regarding gay marriage.

Could they use the same arguments -- legal arguments?

lol
The sign should read:

Everything is big government to these anarchists, or should I say, these rightwing nuts posing as anarchists.

[The question is what is the more hurtful impact, A gay couple having to find another baker, or a baker being forced out of business because of their beliefs.

The former, because the latter is the wrongdoer.

In your opinion, and morally, but PA laws are about economics first.
"Wrongdoer" has nothing to do with it, except in your own mind and biases.

The sign should read:

Everything is big government to these anarchists, or should I say, these rightwing nuts posing as anarchists.

argumentum ad absurdum, the first and most comforting refuge for the poor debater.

lol

Won't work

And you want to ruin people without getting your hands dirty.

How is them declaring their business practices ruining them?

Their decisions on who will or will not be served will ruin them....not declaring it

Forum List

Back