Rules For Traditionals: How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

I don't how the "gay" people in this country likes to be seen as helpless poor victims who can't make it in life because someone refused to make them A CAKE

that says to me you are small, petty and vindictive.

way to go for your CAUSE of wanting people to accept you and stay out of your bedrooms

bullies and haters that's what people are seeing you as....good job
OMG! Christian Sharia law trumps all other laws in this country, eh? If you don't like PA laws, what are you doing to get them repealed? Too lazy to try?
PA laws don't need to be repealed. Just stop requiring people of principle to participate in same sex events.

Exactly. The issue is that the definition of a PA has been expanded to "any business" , not actual public accommodations.

Yes, we do. Capitalism is regulated. Time to grow up now pee boy.

Yes, we have become a fascist country due to the likes of you.
then leave. Seriously leave and shut the fuck up already. Put up or shut up.

You leave, asshole. You and your ilk are constantly whining about how this country works, and then whenever anyone objects to your schemes to remake society you tell them to get the hell out. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.
It's our nation, we founded it, not yours, Bripiss. Hit the road as you are neither needed nor wanted.
America was founded for and by Christians. You get the fuck out!
no it wasnt you fucking moron.

BRIPAT9643 SAID:

“In other words, bend over and take it up the ass. That's the kind of freedom loving attitude we've come to expect from the likes of you.”

No.

Conduct yourself like a professional business owner and serve your patrons accordingly, by following necessary and proper regulatory measures as authorized by the Commerce Clause.

This is a non-issue, a ridiculous 'controversy' the consequence of the social right and their ignorance of, or contempt for, the Constitution and its case law.

Here's another asshole who believes he's entitled to tell business owners how to run their businesses. That's the lib/fascist mentality in a nutshell: telling other people how to run their lives/businesses.

Here's another foul mouthed conservative who feels he's entitled to ignore the law if he is a Christian. That's the Conservative/Christian fascist mentality in a nutshell- telling other people how to run their lives- but excusing themselves by saying "But I am a Christian"

No one has refused to do business with homosexuals. In every case the complaining homosexuals had already been customers for years.

These business people refused to commit a oersonal sin because they were requested to commit that sin by those homosexuals.

What sin were business people being asked to commit?

I am really curious- we know that adultery is a sin- if a Christian bakes a cake for a couple getting married who are committing adultery- is the Baker committing a sin?

If they're getting married and committing adultery, that is a CRIME. Last time I checked, bigamy is not legal.

Adultery is not a crime, moron, and gay marriage wasn't legal until judges ruled otherwise. They can just as easily rule that bigamy is not a crime.
Idiot. No support for making bigamy legal. Was gay marriage illegal in most places?

clue: name the laws that specifically said same sex marriage was illegal. Things are legal until they are not

There is plenty of support for it in Utah. What are you turds going to say when cases come before the court to allow multiple wives?

I fully support your right to file suit to allow you to have multiple wives- you have every legal right to try to convince the courts that your Constitutional rights are violated and that the State has no compelling State interest to prevent you from marrying.

And all of that is totally unrelated to the cases before the court regarding gay marriage.

BRIPAT9643 SAID:

“In other words, bend over and take it up the ass. That's the kind of freedom loving attitude we've come to expect from the likes of you.”

No.

Conduct yourself like a professional business owner and serve your patrons accordingly, by following necessary and proper regulatory measures as authorized by the Commerce Clause.

This is a non-issue, a ridiculous 'controversy' the consequence of the social right and their ignorance of, or contempt for, the Constitution and its case law.

Here's another asshole who believes he's entitled to tell business owners how to run their businesses. That's the lib/fascist mentality in a nutshell: telling other people how to run their lives/businesses.
States have always had the power to tell business what they can and cannot do. :rofl:

Same sex marriage is largely the work of unelected federal judges, not state legislatures.
The people don't get a vote in this, either way, dumbass. How many fucking times do we have to tell you we don't have democracy, AKA mob rule, here?

Says you and the rest of the GAYstapo. We also don't have rule by judges. They have totally reversed laws that have been understood to work a certain way for hundreds of years.

Courts have been overturning marriage laws for decades- the Supreme Court has reversed State marriage rules at least 3 times.

Now of course- you call that 'gaystapo'......in 1964 you would have been calling them 'blackstapo'.

Yes, we do. Capitalism is regulated. Time to grow up now pee boy.

You leave, asshole. You and your ilk are constantly whining about how this country works, and then whenever anyone objects to your schemes to remake society you tell them to get the hell out. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.
you leave, you're the one whining.

America is better off without your ilk

I'll continue to attack gay marriage so long as I am able to.

Live with it, asshole.

I hope you do.

Your foul mouthed, uninformed whines just demonstrate how infantile the objections to gay marriage are.

It's our nation, we founded it, not yours, Bripiss. Hit the road as you are neither needed nor wanted.
America was founded for and by Christians. You get the fuck out!
no it wasnt you fucking moron.

The irony impaired far left drones are at it again..

I don't how the "gay" people in this country likes to be seen as helpless poor victims who can't make it in life because someone refused to make them A CAKE

way to go for your CAUSE of wanting people to accept you and stay out of your bedrooms

OMG! Christian Sharia law trumps all other laws in this country, eh? If you don't like PA laws, what are you doing to get them repealed? Too lazy to try?
PA laws don't need to be repealed. Just stop requiring people of principle to participate in same sex events.
Does the baker give the bride away? Does the baker stomp on a small glass chalice once the rabbi pronounces the spouses married? Is the baker seated with the wedding party? Is there a special dance with the newly weds?

How is baking, decorating and delivering a cake "participation"?

Most bakers meet with the bride or groom once when the order is placed. After that, the cake is delivered to the venue and the baker is not seen at the reception.

Is baking a cake a holy sacrament? Is it a rite associated with marriage? Is it a holy ritual?

Bakers do not 'participate' in the wedding at all.

Does the baker give the bride away? Does the baker stomp on a small glass chalice once the rabbi pronounces the spouses married? Is the baker seated with the wedding party? Is there a special dance with the newly weds?

Most bakers meet with the bride or groom once when the order is placed. After that, the cake is delivered to the venue and the baker is not seen at the reception.

Is baking a cake a holy sacrament? Is it a rite associated with marriage? Is it a holy ritual?

You just said they have to deliver the cake and set it up. They have to go. If it was curbside delivery in an unmarked van you would have a point. If the gay couple were required to sign a non disclosure agreement imposing a gag order preventing them from disclosing the identity of the baker you would have a point.

If a business does not want to serve you, why would you want to to give your hard earned money to that business? Move on, and go support a business more worthy of your money.

You just said they have to deliver the cake and set it up. They have to go. If it was curbside delivery in an unmarked van you would have a point. If the gay couple were required to sign a non disclosure agreement imposing a gag order preventing them from disclosing the identity of the baker you would have a point.
But the delivery is made before the newly weds ever get to the venue of the reception. The cake is at the wedding party hours before the happy couple arrives. The baker is not participating in anything other than their normal course of business.

Why would you impose a new set of hoops to jump through just for same sex weddings? Is oppression just that much fun for you?

Does the same baker have the same revulsion towards weddings where the bride is pregnant or where people of different faiths or no faith are getting married?

Why does his Christianity only surface when it comes to gays?

Is that what Negroes at lunch counters were told?

Probably. But there is a difference between being legally forced to segregate and being legally forced to associate.
What business are these wedding vendors in anyway? Do they provide services to all heterosexual customers? Is servicing weddings their stock in trade?

Is servicing a same sex wedding imperiling their immortal souls? Is that because they think they are providing a mercantile imprimatur on the ceremony? If associating with sinners is such a danger, do these puritanical wedding vendors morally vet each and every customer lest they fall into peril eternity-wise?

What business are these wedding vendors in anyway? Do they provide services to all heterosexual customers? Is servicing weddings their stock in trade?

They are in whatever business they want to be. If they want to make wedding cakes, they'll make wedding cakes. If they don't want to make one for you, they don't have to make one for you.

Is servicing a same sex wedding imperiling their immortal souls? Is that because they think they are providing a mercantile imprimatur on the ceremony? If associating with sinners is such a danger, do these puritanical wedding vendors morally vet each and every customer lest they fall into peril eternity-wise?

It doesn't matter if serving a gay wedding would make them Bill Gates, they don't want your money. They don't want to make you a cake. So move on!

Refusing services is a fundamental part of doing business. Just yesterday I refused service to 8 different clients. I hand picked the ones I would refuse service to, and when they walked in the front door I told them they would have to go somewhere else. They didn't like it, a couple tried to raise a fuss even. But at the end of the day they went somewhere else.

Does the same baker have the same revulsion towards weddings where the bride is pregnant or where people of different faiths or no faith are getting married?

"Christianity" has nothing to do with it. This is more political than ecumenical. These wedding vendors have only the patina of Christianity. They are using faith as an aegis to send the message that they are opposed to marriage equality. I have no doubt that these same vendors service weddings of adulterers, thieves, those who worship gods not recognized by these "Christians". and those who take the Lord's name in vain. Even customers who covet their neighbors possessions. All sins enumerated clearly in the Ten Commandments, unlike homosexuality.

"Christianity" has nothing to do with it. This is more political than ecumenical. These wedding vendors have only the patina of Christianity. They are using faith as an aegis to send the message that they are opposed to marriage equality. I have no doubt that these same vendors service weddings of adulterers, thieves, those who worship gods not recognized by these "Christians". and those who take the Lord's name in vain. Even customers who covet their neighbors possessions. All sins enumerated clearly in the Ten Commandments, unlike homosexuality.

They seem to pick and choose when Christianity or the Ten Commandments apply

Make you question their sincerity

But the delivery is made before the newly weds ever get to the venue of the reception. The cake is at the wedding party hours before the happy couple arrives. The baker is not participating in anything other than their normal course of business.

Why would you impose a new set of hoops to jump through just for same sex weddings? Is oppression just that much fun for you?
I personally feel that bakers who object to same sex marriage stop advertising wedding cakes to the general public and only bake such cakes by private arrangement with friends, family and those seriously vetted.

That's what worked for me. Without the business holding itself out to the general public that a service would be performed the business is under no obligation to perform that service.

They are in whatever business they want to be. If they want to make wedding cakes, they'll make wedding cakes. If they don't want to make one for you, they don't have to make one for you.

It doesn't matter if serving a gay wedding would make them Bill Gates, they don't want your money. They don't want to make you a cake. So move on!

Refusing services is a fundamental part of doing business. Just yesterday I refused service to 8 different clients. I hand picked the ones I would refuse service to, and when they walked in the front door I told them they would have to go somewhere else. They didn't like it, a couple tried to raise a fuss even. But at the end of the day they went somewhere else.
These vendors aren't refusing service because the same sex couples aren't wearing shirts or shoes. They are refusing because these clients are Gay. That's blanket discrimination, not selective discrimination. And it's wrong to conduct business that is open to the public that way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back