Roseanne Barr claims she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

Remember when the far left called Bush a chimp?

Yet you are not allowed to call anyone far left such things!

Bush was white

So? What does that have to do with anything?

So you admit that you far left drones are racists? Most people with brain already knew that!

Especially after the speech given that no one should be compered in this manner.

But it is ok for the far left to do it, just not anyone else!
Bush was white

He still is.

By the way, are you saying Valerie Jarrett is black?

Well, in the era of Trump, the truth is whatever you say it is.

And, if she didn't know she was black, why did she specifically refer to Muslims and Planet of the Apes? Sorry, but I don't buy that it was a political tweet about Iran.

What else could Planet of the Apes refer to?

Did she think Jarrett looked like Charlton Heston?

Look who's being racist now....
Explain

You're saying only black people look like apes.
Nice try......

Blacks have historically been compared to apes. They were forced into bondage and second class citizenship with a justification that they were little more than apes.

But you knew that

Well, in the era of Trump, the truth is whatever you say it is.

And, if she didn't know she was black, why did she specifically refer to Muslims and Planet of the Apes? Sorry, but I don't buy that it was a political tweet about Iran.

Explain

Nice try......

Blacks have historically been compared to apes. They were forced into bondage and second class citizenship with a justification that they were little more than apes.

But you knew that

You called Bush a chimp constantly.
Were you lying?

I’ve met thousands of people over the years. Not once have I ever met a black woman named Valerie.
A person's name is not the best item of data to determine a person's race/color. That being said, VJ isn't very "black" in appearance IMHO. I didn't know she was "Black" until the Barr story broke. She doesn't look "White" either.

OMG, she's still trying desperately. Only cons will buy this.

Roseanne Barr claims the tweet that got her fired wasn't racist because she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet." data-reactid="37" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet.

“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”" data-reactid="38" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”
<more>
1. I couldnt care less.

2. I thought Jarret was Iranian, i.e. white also. Mostly because I dont care about race as much as liberals do.

3. It is absurd to end someones career over a stupid joke, IMO.

4. How in the hell are we cant discuss the topic, and how do we discuss it if we cant even joke about it?

5. If racism disappeared over night, that would void half the Dims talking points. Try thinking about that, will you?

Jarret was born to American parents who ran a hospital in Iran. That has been explained many times on this board. She is about as Iranian as I am.

Roseanne Barr claims the tweet that got her fired wasn't racist because she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet." data-reactid="37" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet.

“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”" data-reactid="38" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”
<more>
1. I couldnt care less.

2. I thought Jarret was Iranian, i.e. white also. Mostly because I dont care about race as much as liberals do.

4. How in the hell are we cant discuss the topic, and how do we discuss it if we cant even joke about it?

5. If racism disappeared over night, that would void half the Dims talking points. Try thinking about that, will you?

Jarret was born to American parents who ran a hospital in Iran. That has been explained many times on this board. She is about as Iranian as I am.
Yes, but at one time I was under the misunderstanding that Jarret was of ethic Iranian extraction, not necessarily born in Iran.

<more>
1. I couldnt care less.

Yes, but at one time I was under the misunderstanding that Jarret was of ethic Iranian extraction, not necessarily born in Iran.

Nope. Not too many Black or European Iranians.

No, you are inferring that from my post, and that isn't what I said. I said that working in Admin for the Navy for 20 years, I had ran into several, not many. Several means about 4 or 5, and considering how many records have gone through my hands over the years, that is a very small percentage of names. At Memphis (NAS Millington) in the mid 80's, there were 6,000 to 7,000 students on the base, and they rotated out every 3 to 6 months, so there were lots of people flowing through, and, on rare occasions, I would meet black women named Valerie.
I’m gonna guess our experiences are different because you’re older than me.

Part of it may be that I'm older, but I think the main reason our experiences differ is because I've seen a hell of a lot more names than the average person. Shore commands have lots of people on them, and as an Admin type, I was responsible for their service records, so yeah, I saw a hell of a lot of names over the years. Probably somewhere in the 20 to 30 thousands.
What rank were you?

Dad was an E9. I can remember guards snapping to attention when I’d use his car to take girls on base for a game of tennis. lol

I was an E6, and the last 2 tours I served were in billets that were designated for E7's. One was on an MSC vessel as the Admin department head, and the other was as the head person in charge of the Navy office at Amarillo MEPS.

The one that was on the MSC vessel was the big one though. Had to get special permission from BUPERS in DC to be able to administer the Navy Wide Advancement Exam as an E6, because only Chiefs or above are supposed to handle and store them.

Did such a great job on the MSC ship (had an error rate of 2.5 percent for pay. Outstanding is considered 5 percent or lower, and MSC had people checking in with ME to get copies of my forms and checkoff sheets), that they offered me the leading billet at MEPS Amarillo. Both of my last 2 tours were independent duty.
I’d like to thank you for your service.
I hope you know that any difference of opinions we might have doesn’t take anything away from the respect I have for anyone who has served.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell anyone. If you really want to thank a veteran, then vote in elections on a regular basis. Part of what made this country such a great democracy is our ability to vote on our leaders. I don't care who you vote for, just that you vote. One of the main reasons I joined.

As far as having a difference of opinion? Not a problem. Talk like a rational human and leave out the insults and we can discuss anything you want. While we may not agree, you might be able to give me more insight on your views, or I might give you insight into mine, and maybe we can learn something together.

I only get nasty when people insult me first.

No, you are inferring that from my post, and that isn't what I said. I said that working in Admin for the Navy for 20 years, I had ran into several, not many. Several means about 4 or 5, and considering how many records have gone through my hands over the years, that is a very small percentage of names. At Memphis (NAS Millington) in the mid 80's, there were 6,000 to 7,000 students on the base, and they rotated out every 3 to 6 months, so there were lots of people flowing through, and, on rare occasions, I would meet black women named Valerie.
I’m gonna guess our experiences are different because you’re older than me.

Part of it may be that I'm older, but I think the main reason our experiences differ is because I've seen a hell of a lot more names than the average person. Shore commands have lots of people on them, and as an Admin type, I was responsible for their service records, so yeah, I saw a hell of a lot of names over the years. Probably somewhere in the 20 to 30 thousands.
What rank were you?

Dad was an E9. I can remember guards snapping to attention when I’d use his car to take girls on base for a game of tennis. lol

I was an E6, and the last 2 tours I served were in billets that were designated for E7's. One was on an MSC vessel as the Admin department head, and the other was as the head person in charge of the Navy office at Amarillo MEPS.

The one that was on the MSC vessel was the big one though. Had to get special permission from BUPERS in DC to be able to administer the Navy Wide Advancement Exam as an E6, because only Chiefs or above are supposed to handle and store them.

Did such a great job on the MSC ship (had an error rate of 2.5 percent for pay. Outstanding is considered 5 percent or lower, and MSC had people checking in with ME to get copies of my forms and checkoff sheets), that they offered me the leading billet at MEPS Amarillo. Both of my last 2 tours were independent duty.

Couldn't make Chief, huh? Why does that not surprise me?

PN was a CREO group III (130 percent manned), which meant that advancement was pretty hard in my rate. When I made E-6, I was the only Personnelman in PSD District 8 (covered the NE), to make First.

But, continue to be a prick like you usually are. I've gotten used to it.

No, she's more iranian than you. She sympathizes with their death to America goals. She, like Obama, is very pro Iranian. I doubt you have that in common with her.

Does she have actual Iranian citizenship?

Explain

Nice try......

But you knew that

Were you lying?

You know damn well there's a history of blacks being called primates as a racial slur. Don't act dumb.

Explain

Nice try......

But you knew that

Were you lying?

You know damn well there's a history of blacks being called primates as a racial slur. Don't act dumb.

So it's only racist when a conservative says it?
How racist of you.

Explain

Nice try......

But you knew that

Were you lying?
Bush is white
He was never forced to ride in the back of the bus because people equated him with an ape and wouldn’t ride with him

Explain

Nice try......

But you knew that

Were you lying?
Bush is white

621d4dffe5434b2c57689bd0eb0e9cbd--fiction-movies-sci-fi-movies.jpg

Chimpanzees are the most violent among the apes.

Which breed of humans are the most violent -- consistently?

Last edited:

Nice try......

But you knew that

Were you lying?
Bush is white

621d4dffe5434b2c57689bd0eb0e9cbd--fiction-movies-sci-fi-movies.jpg
Why would Roseann Barr say Valerie Jarrett reminded her of an ape?

Forum List

Back