Ron Paul on Romney: ‘I don’t fully endorse him for president’

Ron Paul didn't say that. Remember?

The hell he didn't... the fact that Ron Paul blatantly ignored and let that outrageous statement pass... well. that asshole endorsed it. He bought that statement, he owns it. That is one of many reasons I think Ron Paul is a farce.

We literally have video evidence in this very thread showing that Ron Paul actually said the very opposite of what you're saying he said, but by all means carry on embarrassing yourself.

Go back and watch the interview with Ron Paul afterwards concerning that "statement". Ron Paul pretty well agreed with it. Something about it not being the Gov't's responsibility to provide free healthcare in such situations. "Too bad" he summarized.

Well I've certainly lost some respect for him...not because he stands by his principles, but because he is coming off as a selfish and sore loser in my opinion. Leave the fucking party if you can't endorse the candidate who has the better chance of keeping this country from going any further under. Listen, I'm a stubborn fucking Swede, so I know all about cutting off your nose to spite your face...but for fuck's sake, it's politics and has always been a game about effective compromise. I don't know why his supporters thought he stood a reasonable chance as a Republican...and although I still think it's too soon for a third party to really take hold, at least that would have been in line with his "principles before party" attitude. Obviously he feels that the Republican party let him down, and he isn't above being spiteful about it.

You put the term "principles before party" in quotes as if to signify that Ron Paul is indeed not putting principle before party, while arguing that he should simply be a team player and endorse Mitt Romney because they're in the same party.

Umm...

Read slower then, because that's exactly what I said he's doing...but then why continue to be part of the Republican party. Just fucking man up and cut the cord...no need for a separation, let's just get the fucking divorce over with and move on.:lol:

Well he's retiring after this term, so I'm sure he's in a "Good riddance to bad rubbish" mindset himself.

The hell he didn't... the fact that Ron Paul blatantly ignored and let that outrageous statement pass... well. that asshole endorsed it. He bought that statement, he owns it. That is one of many reasons I think Ron Paul is a farce.

We literally have video evidence in this very thread showing that Ron Paul actually said the very opposite of what you're saying he said, but by all means carry on embarrassing yourself.

Go back and watch the interview with Ron Paul afterwards concerning that "statement". Ron Paul pretty well agreed with it. Something about it not being the Gov't's responsibility to provide free healthcare in such situations. "Too bad" he summarized.

Why don't you go ahead and post that interview for us.

Well I've certainly lost some respect for him...not because he stands by his principles, but because he is coming off as a selfish and sore loser in my opinion. Leave the fucking party if you can't endorse the candidate who has the better chance of keeping this country from going any further under. Listen, I'm a stubborn fucking Swede, so I know all about cutting off your nose to spite your face...but for fuck's sake, it's politics and has always been a game about effective compromise. I don't know why his supporters thought he stood a reasonable chance as a Republican...and although I still think it's too soon for a third party to really take hold, at least that would have been in line with his "principles before party" attitude. Obviously he feels that the Republican party let him down, and he isn't above being spiteful about it.

You put the term "principles before party" in quotes as if to signify that Ron Paul is indeed not putting principle before party, while arguing that he should simply be a team player and endorse Mitt Romney because they're in the same party.

Umm...

A little cognitive dissonance, maybe?

No, I don't really give a shit what Mr. Paul does...but I'd have more respect for him if he didn't continue to be part of a party that he doesn't fully support. There's no shame in that...look at all of his supporters who have happily done so.

Don't have time right now, gotta go. Google it yourself if you can find it.

The board will still be here when you get back. I certainly wouldn't want to mistakenly watch the wrong interview, so I'll wait for you to post it.

The board will still be here when you get back. I certainly wouldn't want to mistakenly watch the wrong interview, so I'll wait for you to post it.

There you go Kevin_Kennedy... Ron Paul, the humanatarian, saying that very sick individuals should depend on hand-outs, not the gov't, when seeking medical help to save their lives.

But you knew that.

For Ron Paul, Question About the Uninsured May Have Hit Close to Home - ABC News

Presidential hopeful Ron Paul, who made controversial comments about how to handle the uninsured during this week’s GOP debate in Tampa, Fla., is no stranger with dealing with the uninsured himself.

In 2008, his campaign chairman, Kent Snyder, was uninsured and battling viral pneumonia. After two months of hospitalization, the medical bills reportedly topped $400,000, which Kent’s family eventually had to repay.

Snyder died of viral pneumonia in 2008.

At Monday’s debate, Paul suggested that the uninsured should look to charities for help, not to taxpayers.

Kent’s sister, Michelle Caskey, told the Kansas City Star that her brother was unable to get insurance because a pre-existing condition made premiums too expensive.

To help, Snyder’s friends created a website to solicit money, appealing to the same donors who months before gave to Ron Paul’s campaign fund.

“I don’t think he would ever have realized he’d be in the hospital this long,” Caskey, told the Kansas City Star after her brother’s death in 2008.

“It’s very nice,” she added, that people were trying to help.

Paul’s 2012 campaign spokesman, Gary Howard, did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment for this story.

Ron Paul has spent the past few days trying to defend his position concerning the uninsured during Monday’s CNN/Tea Party debate.

Moderator Wolf Blitzer asked Paul a hypothetical question about who should pay for an uninsured 30-year-old man in need of emergency care.

Paul, a medical doctor, answered that the man should take care of himself.

Wolf Blitzer asked, “Should society just let him die?”

Some in the audience roared in acceptance and clapped.

Paul said that people need to assume responsibility for themselves and clarified on Twitter later that evening that charities should fill the void for the uninsured, not the government.

But Paul’s response and the audience’s reaction exposed him to broad criticism.

Even Rick Perry told NBC News on Tuesday that he was surprised.

“I was a bit taken aback by that myself,” said Perry. “We’re the party of life. We ought to be coming up with ways to save lives.”

Appearing on CNN two days after the debate, Paul insisted that calling his comments mean-spirited was “foolish.”

“For somebody to turn around and say there’s one individual who didn’t have this care, you know, all of a sudden you hate people and you’re going to let them die?” Paul said on CNN’s Newsroom. “I spent a lifetime in medicine. To turn that around like that is foolish.”

There you go Kevin_Kennedy... Ron Paul, the humanatarian, saying that very sick individuals should depend on hand-outs, not the gov't, when seeking medical help to save their lives.

But you knew that.

For Ron Paul, Question About the Uninsured May Have Hit Close to Home - ABC News

Presidential hopeful Ron Paul, who made controversial comments about how to handle the uninsured during this week’s GOP debate in Tampa, Fla., is no stranger with dealing with the uninsured himself.

In 2008, his campaign chairman, Kent Snyder, was uninsured and battling viral pneumonia. After two months of hospitalization, the medical bills reportedly topped $400,000, which Kent’s family eventually had to repay.

Snyder died of viral pneumonia in 2008.

At Monday’s debate, Paul suggested that the uninsured should look to charities for help, not to taxpayers.

Kent’s sister, Michelle Caskey, told the Kansas City Star that her brother was unable to get insurance because a pre-existing condition made premiums too expensive.

To help, Snyder’s friends created a website to solicit money, appealing to the same donors who months before gave to Ron Paul’s campaign fund.

“I don’t think he would ever have realized he’d be in the hospital this long,” Caskey, told the Kansas City Star after her brother’s death in 2008.

“It’s very nice,” she added, that people were trying to help.

Paul’s 2012 campaign spokesman, Gary Howard, did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment for this story.

Ron Paul has spent the past few days trying to defend his position concerning the uninsured during Monday’s CNN/Tea Party debate.

Moderator Wolf Blitzer asked Paul a hypothetical question about who should pay for an uninsured 30-year-old man in need of emergency care.

Paul, a medical doctor, answered that the man should take care of himself.

Wolf Blitzer asked, “Should society just let him die?”

Some in the audience roared in acceptance and clapped.

Paul said that people need to assume responsibility for themselves and clarified on Twitter later that evening that charities should fill the void for the uninsured, not the government.

But Paul’s response and the audience’s reaction exposed him to broad criticism.

Even Rick Perry told NBC News on Tuesday that he was surprised.

“I was a bit taken aback by that myself,” said Perry. “We’re the party of life. We ought to be coming up with ways to save lives.”

Appearing on CNN two days after the debate, Paul insisted that calling his comments mean-spirited was “foolish.”

“For somebody to turn around and say there’s one individual who didn’t have this care, you know, all of a sudden you hate people and you’re going to let them die?” Paul said on CNN’s Newsroom. “I spent a lifetime in medicine. To turn that around like that is foolish.”

Ok, so you didn't post up the interview that you were talking about, nowhere in that article did Ron Paul say anybody should die, and nowhere did he say "Too bad."

Would you like to try again?

Ron Paul ought to stick it to Romney by supporting President Obama for president. Now that would be sweet!

Ron Paul on Romney:

Mr. Paul, in an interview, said convention planners had offered him an opportunity to speak under two conditions: that he deliver remarks vetted by the Romney campaign, and that he give a full-fledged endorsement of Mr. Romney. He declined.

"It wouldn't be my speech," Mr. Paul said. "That would undo everything I've done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for president."

If you are lying again I am going to ask the mods to ban people who lie in their thread titles.

I don't have a problem with free speech. I love this forum. But if a poster continually lies in a thread title, I think it deserves a ban.

Ron Paul ought to stick it to Romney by supporting President Obama for president. Now that would be sweet!

Ron Paul on Romney:

Mr. Paul, in an interview, said convention planners had offered him an opportunity to speak under two conditions: that he deliver remarks vetted by the Romney campaign, and that he give a full-fledged endorsement of Mr. Romney. He declined.

"It wouldn't be my speech," Mr. Paul said. "That would undo everything I've done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for president."

If you are lying again I am going to ask the mods to ban people who lie in their thread titles.

I don't have a problem with free speech. I love this forum. But if a poster continually lies in a thread title, I think it deserves a ban.

The thread title is the only honest part.

Ron Paul didn't say that. Remember?

This poster is a habitual liar and I am tired of it.

He's not gonna 'stick it to' Romney, they're friends. Paul is not Obama - he doesn't throw others under the bus for political gain.

He threw grandma under the bus... "Let them die" remember?

What is with the huge influx of fuckin retards to these boards... Oh, the GE is nearing...

When did Paul say "let them die?" Do you have a quote, with video of Paul saying this??? No, no I didn't think so... Yet that didn't stop you from saying Paul "threw grandma under the bus... "Let them die" did it.

Of Course he will not fully endorse Romney, their political ideals are different.
Romney is pro war and Paul is anti-war for one.
If Paul is honest with himself and endorses someone with his political beliefs, he will endorse Gary Johnson

Of course RP won't do that. He views Romney the same way I do; better than obama but not near what we need as a country. For Paul to endorse him would be hypocritical in the extreme.

Of course. But by Ron Paul's refusal to fully endorse Romney... he is actually substituting and partially endorsing Obama by proxy. Can't you see that subtle dig at Romney?

Soooo, you seem obsessed with drawing conclusions to things with a sevier lack of proof. Now not endorsing someone is endorsing someone...

Paul does ot support almost anything Obam has done and he has made that very clear, so why would him not backing Mitt ( a guy who's policy is near identical to Obama's) make it "Ron Paul endorsed Obama"?

This just in: Ron Paul supporters are challenging RNC rules... contigency will walk out of convention at appropiate time.

No wonder Ron Paul doesn't fully endorse Romney for POTUS

Of Course he will not fully endorse Romney, their political ideals are different.
Romney is pro war and Paul is anti-war for one.
If Paul is honest with himself and endorses someone with his political beliefs, he will endorse Gary Johnson

He should be Johnson's VP...

New Topics

Forum List

Back