Ron Paul on Romney: ‘I don’t fully endorse him for president’

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Ron Paul ought to stick it to Romney by supporting President Obama for president. Now that would be sweet!

Ron Paul on Romney:

Mr. Paul, in an interview, said convention planners had offered him an opportunity to speak under two conditions: that he deliver remarks vetted by the Romney campaign, and that he give a full-fledged endorsement of Mr. Romney. He declined.

"It wouldn't be my speech," Mr. Paul said. "That would undo everything I've done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for president."

He's not gonna 'stick it to' Romney, they're friends. Paul is not Obama - he doesn't throw others under the bus for political gain.

He's not gonna 'stick it to' Romney, they're friends. Paul is not Obama - he doesn't throw others under the bus for political gain.

He threw grandma under the bus... "Let them die" remember?

You mean this quote?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0]Crowd Yells Let Him Die - YouTube[/ame]

I don't see him saying we should let anyone die... he says people should make their own decisions. I have no issue with that.

This bullshit that the left have of misquoting people, or pretending that all conservatives think people should die.... it's just fucking laughable. It does not make you look intelligent at all.. quite the opposite.

Ron Paul ought to stick it to Romney by supporting President Obama for president. Now that would be sweet!

Ron Paul on Romney:

Mr. Paul, in an interview, said convention planners had offered him an opportunity to speak under two conditions: that he deliver remarks vetted by the Romney campaign, and that he give a full-fledged endorsement of Mr. Romney. He declined.

"It wouldn't be my speech," Mr. Paul said. "That would undo everything I've done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for president."

No, that would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
Of course RP won't do that. He views Romney the same way I do; better than obama but not near what we need as a country. For Paul to endorse him would be hypocritical in the extreme.

Of course. But by Ron Paul's refusal to fully endorse Romney... he is actually substituting and partially endorsing Obama by proxy. Can't you see that subtle dig at Romney?

Last edited:
Of course RP won't do that. He views Romney the same way I do; better than obama but not near what we need as a country. For Paul to endorse him would be hypocritical in the extreme.

Of course. But by Ron Paul's refusal to fully endorse Romney... he is actually substituting and endorsing Obama by proxy. Can't you see that suttle dig at Romney?

Then by not endorsing Obama he's actually endorsing Romney by proxy! Can he endorse them both by proxy? Oh, the ridiculous and circular logic!

Ron Paul has long, long said that he would never endorse anyone. He never has either.

Of course. But by Ron Paul's refusal to fully endorse Romney... he is actually substituting and partially endorsing Obama by proxy. Can't you see that subtle dig at Romney?

In your liberal dreams.

Ron Paul didn't say that. Remember?

The hell he didn't... the fact that Ron Paul blatantly ignored and let that outrageous statement pass... well. that asshole endorsed it. He bought that statement, he owns it. That is one of many reasons I think Ron Paul is a farce.

Ron Paul didn't say that. Remember?

The hell he didn't... the fact that Ron Paul blatantly ignored and let that outrageous statement pass... well. that asshole endorsed it. He bought that statement, he owns it. That is one of many reasons I think Ron Paul is a farce.

We literally have video evidence in this very thread showing that Ron Paul actually said the very opposite of what you're saying he said, but by all means carry on embarrassing yourself.

Well I've certainly lost some respect for him...not because he stands by his principles, but because he is coming off as a selfish and sore loser in my opinion. Leave the fucking party if you can't endorse the candidate who has the better chance of keeping this country from going any further under. Listen, I'm a stubborn fucking Swede, so I know all about cutting off your nose to spite your face...but for fuck's sake, it's politics and has always been a game about effective compromise. I don't know why his supporters thought he stood a reasonable chance as a Republican...and although I still think it's too soon for a third party to really take hold, at least that would have been in line with his "principles before party" attitude. Obviously he feels that the Republican party let him down, and he isn't above being spiteful about it.

Well I've certainly lost some respect for him...not because he stands by his principles, but because he is coming off as a selfish and sore loser in my opinion. Leave the fucking party if you can't endorse the candidate who has the better chance of keeping this country from going any further under. Listen, I'm a stubborn fucking Swede, so I know all about cutting off your nose to spite your face...but for fuck's sake, it's politics and has always been a game about effective compromise. I don't know why his supporters thought he stood a reasonable chance as a Republican...and although I still think it's too soon for a third party to really take hold, at least that would have been in line with his "principles before party" attitude. Obviously he feels that the Republican party let him down, and he isn't above being spiteful about it.

You put the term "principles before party" in quotes as if to signify that Ron Paul is indeed not putting principle before party, while arguing that he should simply be a team player and endorse Mitt Romney because they're in the same party.

Umm...

You put the term "principles before party" in quotes as if to signify that Ron Paul is indeed not putting principle before party, while arguing that he should simply be a team player and endorse Mitt Romney because they're in the same party.

Umm...

A little cognitive dissonance, maybe?

Umm...

Read slower then, because that's exactly what I said he's doing...but then why continue to be part of the Republican party. Just fucking man up and cut the cord...no need for a separation, let's just get the fucking divorce over with and move on.:lol:

Forum List

Back