Romney's rambling and incoherent speech on the economy.

I've yet to see Romney make anything close to a rambling incoherent speech. Perhaps you're confusing him with Obama? Anyhow, post a video link and we shall see.

Really? Because the one that he did today was nothing more than a bunch of bumper stickers and twitter feeds rolled into some form of a speech.

Did you hear any solutions to the problems he raised? I didn't.

If you want another depression, vote Romney, because he's gonna be like Jr.

It wasn't even that..it was just plain weird and rambling.

The balance of the segment was spent mocking Romney’s tortured torch metaphor, a torch that World War II vets can’t hold up as high anymore, so we have to seize it, but it’s not America’s torch, it’s the torch of freedom. O’Donnell tries his best to figure out what the frick Mitt is talking about, with little success (I suspect Romney’s formless fascination with torches has to do with the Olympics, the other thing he brags about all the time), but knocks every generation of Romney men he can shake a stick at for not serving their country in time of war.

O’Donnell could have saved himself some time on that score if he had paid a little more attention to his intro.

O’Donnell’s intro focused on Mitt Romney’s Vietnam War “activism,” in which he actively demonstrated in favor of the draft, shortly before avoiding that draft by volunteering to knock on doors in France in search of Mormon converts. That mission, Romney said earlier this year, was made “tough” by the presence of American troops in Vietnam.

Lawrence’s assessment of Romney, as that rare draft-dodger who actively demonstrated in favor of the war he was trying to avoid, contains the answer to the Romney’s history of non-service in the military. “No honorable draft dodger I know,” O’Donnell said, “urged other young men to submit to the draft in his place. To go to Vietnam in his place. To die in his place. I know of no one other than Mitt Romney whose conscience was so twisted.”

The key words there are “in his place.” As I’ve explained before, there’s nothing inconsistent or hypocritical about Mitt Romney wanting to send other people’s sons, brothers, fathers, and husbands to be drafted into service, many of them to die. Of course, Romney can support drafting other people’s children, husbands, and fathers to die in Vietnam, yet not go himself; that’s not what Romneys are for. No one suggests that a cattle rancher should submit himself for milking or slaughter, do they?
Lawrence O’Donnell: Mitt Romney ‘Urged Other Young Men’ To ‘Die In His Place’ In Vietnam | Mediaite

Although I am glad the media is finally picking up on this.

Once again, any criticism of Romney is met by almost no affirmative defense of him, but rather

attacks on the posters, and we-hate-Obama posts.

Romney has to be vague about his economic 'plans' for the simple reason that they don't add up,

or at least, they don't add up unless he were to specify enormous, politically poisonous, cuts in domestic non-defense spending -

in order to pay for his defense spending increases, his mostly-for-the-wealthy tax cuts, and his promises of a balanced budget.

Once again, any criticism of Romney is met by almost no affirmative defense of him, but rather

Romney has to be vague about his economic 'plans' for the simple reason that they don't add up,

or at least, they don't add up unless he were to specify enormous, politically poisonous, cuts in domestic non-defense spending -

in order to pay for his defense spending increases, his mostly-for-the-wealthy tax cuts, and his promises of a balanced budget.

And when independent auditors have a look at it..because it's essentially the Ryan plan..they see that it actually adds to the deficit and eliminates vital social programs like Medicare.

But I guess less then 100 or so people controlling 40% of America's wealth isn't bad enough. What they want is those people controlling 90% of the wealth.

And when independent auditors have a look at it..because it's essentially the Ryan plan..they see that it actually adds to the deficit and eliminates vital social programs like Medicare.

But I guess less then 100 or so people controlling 40% of America's wealth isn't bad enough. What they want is those people controlling 90% of the wealth.

But hey, it gives huge tax breaks to the wealthy. That worked so well for us before after all...

First of all making the claim that Mitt Romney is seeking to eliminate Medicare is nothing more than fear mongering on your part and you know it. As for "adding to the deficit"? Are you kidding me? Barack Obama and his continuing spending binges add far more to the deficit than any plan Ryan, Mitt Romney or any other conservative on the planet. At least with Ryan's plan the amount added to the deficit is small...what Barry continually seeks to do is throw massive amounts of borrowed money at every problem he sees...from unemployment to education to health care. Tell me what "independent auditors" say about HIS projected deficits!

First of all making the claim that Mitt Romney is seeking to eliminate Medicare is nothing more than fear mongering on your part and you know it. As for "adding to the deficit"? Are you kidding me? Barack Obama and his continuing spending binges add far more to the deficit than any plan Ryan, Mitt Romney or any other conservative on the planet. At least with Ryan's plan the amount added to the deficit is small...what Barry continually seeks to do is throw massive amounts of borrowed money at every problem he sees...from unemployment to education to health care. Tell me what "independent auditors" say about HIS projected deficits!

First of all..it's not fear mongering..it's the truth. Romney wants to put up the Ryan's budget and that's exactly what it does. Ryan's budget turns Medicare into a "voucher program" effectively ending it. And Ryan's plan would ADD to the deficit because of tax cuts and defense spending increases! You've got lots of magical thinking going on here.

And what "spending binges" are you referring too? I've yet to see anyone point to anything that Obama has done in terms of spending that comes close to what Reagan spent or what Bush II spent. Independent auditors do find both plans adding to the deficit, however, the Ryan plan adds much more..without the investments.

Did any of the conservatives here that are defending Romney's speech actually bother to listen to it?

The Bishop did his best to one up President Obama on his speech but wound up falling on is face. It was embarrassing to watch him. Normally, on matters of the economy, I think he makes some sense..but he didn't here. First off, he tried to make Obama look bad by stating he didn't support business. And he used the example of a company in Vegas that sold furniture but saw a "drop" in business because Obama "called for companies not to hold conventions in Vegas". That's sorta "half right". He called for companies that recieved TARP bailouts not to use that money to celebrate by going to the Super Bowl or Vegas. So maybe Romney thinks these folks should have doubled dipped. First in the way of bailouts then by way of writing off the expenses. Good stuff.

And amoung the other points Romney made was about veterans. Perhaps he really should keep away from this. He talked about a "torch" carried by men in WWII..that wasn't "owned" by America. First off..they didn't carry torches..they carried guns. Second off..they did unspeakable things..that they did in the name of this country. Most I've talked too, including my own grandfather..weren't proud of those things. Romney wouldn't know that. His grandfather didn't serve. His father didn't serve. He didn't serve. In fact..he supported sending other kids to Vietnam..while he went to France. And his sons didn't serve. He had NO ONE close to him ever serve in war. My Uncle was in Korea. My Grandfather went to France and Germany. My Father tried to enlist..yes VOLUNTEER for VIETNAM but was rated 4F. Because of childhood diabetes. He wasn't fat or anything..he was quite fit.

In any case..these were men I admire. They weren't drafted..the VOLUNTEERED.

No fucking ROMNEY did that.

NONE.

Was it as bad as when Obama's teleprompter went out?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc]Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out - YouTube[/ame]

Did any of the conservatives here that are defending Romney's speech actually bother to listen to it?

Sallow you are such an ass. You post an OP of a supposed speech, not giving any information that would allow anyone to know where or when or really even what the speech is about, and when asked for a link you accuse them of being stupid and not caring about the election.

You are an ass in every meaning of the word. When I have a point to prove I don't make shit up and then insult people when they request verification of the said shit. That is what you do.

Romney could sneeze into a napkin and leave more knowledge of the economy on it than Obama has in his whole head. Obama is Chauncey Gardiner, an illiterate moron who was in the right place at the right time. History will not be kind to this idiot.

Romney could sneeze into a napkin and leave more knowledge of the economy on it than Obama has in his whole head. Obama is Chauncey Gardiner, an illiterate moron who was in the right place at the right time. History will not be kind to this idiot.
Ha ha that is true but I don't trust him. I don't trust Obama, too

He does it all the time, he rambles on and on. Obama is gonna catch him on this in the debates. Romney forgets what things are called. He is under enormous pressure and he's been campaigning/fighting for a long time.

He needs a rest but he can't afford to take it.

The guy's gonna have a nervous breakdown before the convention.

100%

And all puppies dead

Sallow you are such an ass. You post an OP of a supposed speech, not giving any information that would allow anyone to know where or when or really even what the speech is about, and when asked for a link you accuse them of being stupid and not caring about the election.

You are an ass in every meaning of the word. When I have a point to prove I don't make shit up and then insult people when they request verification of the said shit. That is what you do.

Like I said..did you listen to the speech.

Simple.

He does it all the time, he rambles on and on. Obama is gonna catch him on this in the debates. Romney forgets what things are called. He is under enormous pressure and he's been campaigning/fighting for a long time.

He needs a rest but he can't afford to take it.

The guy's gonna have a nervous breakdown before the convention.

He's terrible in debates..and at speeches that don't involve "corpspeak".

Hence the challenge here.

Did any conservatives hear the speech?

Ha ha that is true but I don't trust him. I don't trust Obama, too

Romney knows top down economics.

It's the type that make rich people rich..and poor people poor.

That's what you want? Vote Romney.

Forum List

Back