Romney’s budget plan is a fantasy

Aug 7, 2012
His budget would decimate the middle class and the poor. If you are not wealthy, you'll see higer taxes and fewer benefits. If that isn't voting against your interests if you favor Romney, I don't know what is. His is a plan that doesn't take inidviduals into consideration--just a blanket overall budget which will only benefit the wealthy. Go for it! I don't need pell grants or any of the other things it will slash so if he wins, I'll sit back and watch the decline of the middle class and the worsening economy because of it. People will have less spending power and will have more of a struggle to get training and education, thus making them less employable. I know many are buying into the mantra of handouts vs. personal responsiblity/working hard, but it is much more complicated than that and the more trouble we have for the middle class and the poor to make ends meet, find decent paying jobs, etc., the harder it is on the economy and country as a whole. Do I care, not so much since I won't be affected much by any of it. However, I do hope Romney doesn't win!

Consider what the Romney campaign, then, is saying: If Romney is elected, then by his third year in office, every single federal program that is not Medicare, Social Security, or defense, will be cut, on average, by 40 percent. That means Medicaid, infrastructure, education, food safety, road safety, the postal service, basic research, foreign aid, housing subsidies, food stamps, the Census, Pell grants, the Patent and Trademark Office, the FDA — all of it has to be cut by, on average, 40 percent. If Romney tried to protect any particular priority, it would mean all the others have to be cut by more than 40 percent.

...This is simply not a credible budget plan, and Romney’s fast retreat from Ryan’s most unpopular cuts makes it even less credible. And yet Romney, who has never released the specific cuts that would make his numbers add up, repeatedly touts it on the campaign trail, and the media dutifully reports his promises to cut federal spending by more than $500 billion in 2016, and in fact to balance the budget by the end of his second term, which would require far larger cuts than what I’ve outlined here, despite the fact that everyone basically knows these cuts aren’t credible and will never happen.

1) There is no reason that any citizen should not have been paying income tax anyway... so a 'raise' from nothing is long overdue
2) You should be voting for equal treatment (since you guys like to shout about equality in treatment when it benefits you or your cause) and not just what benefits you while fucking someone else
3) Many things in the budget or what government spends on off the budget, government has no business doing. Those need to be cut and eventually eliminated

Nice try though

His budget would decimate the middle class and the poor. If you are not wealthy, you'll see higer taxes and fewer benefits. If that isn't voting against your interests if you favor Romney, I don't know what is. His is a plan that doesn't take inidviduals into consideration--just a blanket overall budget which will only benefit the wealthy. Go for it! I don't need pell grants or any of the other things it will slash so if he wins, I'll sit back and watch the decline of the middle class and the worsening economy because of it. People will have less spending power and will have more of a struggle to get training and education, thus making them less employable. I know many are buying into the mantra of handouts vs. personal responsiblity/working hard, but it is much more complicated than that and the more trouble we have for the middle class and the poor to make ends meet, find decent paying jobs, etc., the harder it is on the economy and country as a whole. Do I care, not so much since I won't be affected much by any of it. However, I do hope Romney doesn't win!

Consider what the Romney campaign, then, is saying: If Romney is elected, then by his third year in office, every single federal program that is not Medicare, Social Security, or defense, will be cut, on average, by 40 percent. That means Medicaid, infrastructure, education, food safety, road safety, the postal service, basic research, foreign aid, housing subsidies, food stamps, the Census, Pell grants, the Patent and Trademark Office, the FDA — all of it has to be cut by, on average, 40 percent. If Romney tried to protect any particular priority, it would mean all the others have to be cut by more than 40 percent.

...This is simply not a credible budget plan, and Romney’s fast retreat from Ryan’s most unpopular cuts makes it even less credible. And yet Romney, who has never released the specific cuts that would make his numbers add up, repeatedly touts it on the campaign trail, and the media dutifully reports his promises to cut federal spending by more than $500 billion in 2016, and in fact to balance the budget by the end of his second term, which would require far larger cuts than what I’ve outlined here, despite the fact that everyone basically knows these cuts aren’t credible and will never happen.

Budget vs no budget in years.............

Fuck off low life............

R/R not credible but Obama is...? :rolleyes:.....i suppose you prefer national bankruptcy.....then keep on following Obama's plan (shown in red) and we'll financially blow up due to unsustainable debt by about 2037...

120216-ryan-vs-geithner.gif

Last edited:
Romney / Ryan are two of the best budget minds in America.

Americans know this, but for the life of me I just can't understand how Obama will still be able to muster 45% of the vote in November.

Did anyone see his disastrous dry erase board speech? It was a hoot. He outlined Obama's plan but carefully left out salient facts. Then, when he got to his "plan", he left it all blank and only said his was "good". IOW, he flat out lied. And, just like always, he does that self-conscious little stutter when he's lying. He looked like a complete idiot.

Considering that RobMe and Robin say they are "figures guys", neither has named even one figure.

Probably because Norquist/Rove haven't told them yet just what their "plan" is.

I don't need pell grants

The market for higher education has been systematically distorted by government meddling. If you wonder why higher education expenses have FAR outpaced the rate of overall inflation, Pell Grants and similar market distortions are your answer. So, how does it "help the middle class" to cause the price of higher education to skyrocket?

Romney / Ryan are two of the best budget minds in America.

Americans know this, but for the life of me I just can't understand how Obama will still be able to muster 45% of the vote in November.

because he has absolutley no reservations about lying to his supporters.

He knows they will believe himi no matter what he says.....so for him, lying is the only way to get them to believe something positive.

Jesus you Liberals are Pathetic. Your side can not even come up with a Budget, and all you have is to try and Label the Other sides Budget as evil, or Crazy.

Sorry but Romney and Ryan are 1000 Times more qualified on the Budget than your failed WH, only people who were already in the Tank for Obama are going to buy this BS line that Obama knows better than They do on Budget Matters.

Obama and the Dems have No credibility at all left with the Independent Votes that really matter, on this subject.

I don't need pell grants

The market for higher education has been systematically distorted by government meddling. If you wonder why higher education expenses have FAR outpaced the rate of overall inflation, Pell Grants and similar market distortions are your answer. So, how does it "help the middle class" to cause the price of higher education to skyrocket?

R's have said they are against education so its not surprising they want it to be so expensive that no one can afford it. Its not a problem though because they can just ship more jobs out of the country.

===========
The Budget

Even rw's know that the Rs stripped proposed budgets of all details and only voted on the total dollar amount. Its a nasty little trick they use so they can lie about Obama. We've talked about this many times in the past so I wonder why rw's STILL don't understand it.

Oh wait - its because they are not educated and lack the ability for critical thought.

I don't need pell grants

R's have said they are against education so its not surprising they want it to be so expensive that no one can afford it. Its not a problem though because they can just ship more jobs out of the country.

===========
The Budget

Even rw's know that the Rs stripped proposed budgets of all details and only voted on the total dollar amount. Its a nasty little trick they use so they can lie about Obama. We've talked about this many times in the past so I wonder why rw's STILL don't understand it.

Oh wait - its because they are not educated and lack the ability for critical thought.

You think Pell grants are an invention of Republicans alone? Whatever.

The origin of Pell Grants can be traced to the Higher Education Act of 1965. The awards are named after the late Claiborne Pell, a Democratic Senator from Rhode Island, who in 1972 was largely responsible for the creation of Pell Grants

But it's all Republican's fault...:cuckoo:

Did anyone see his disastrous dry erase board speech? It was a hoot. He outlined Obama's plan but carefully left out salient facts. Then, when he got to his "plan", he left it all blank and only said his was "good". IOW, he flat out lied. And, just like always, he does that self-conscious little stutter when he's lying. He looked like a complete idiot.

Considering that RobMe and Robin say they are "figures guys", neither has named even one figure.

Probably because Norquist/Rove haven't told them yet just what their "plan" is.

chew on these figures....

A-contrast-in-budgets.png

If every American voter fully understood what Romney and Ryan really want to, and really would do if they had the votes,

they'd be lucky to win 5 states.

If every American voter fully understood what Romney and Ryan really want to, and really would do if they had the votes,

Care to add specificity to your outrageous claim?

Link to left wing talking points in 3...2...

Care to add specificity to your outrageous claim?

Link to left wing talking points in 3...2...

Probably something like 'pushing granny over the cliff in her wheelchair' or something.

Forum List

Back