Romney

So the Iranians would lay down and accept us bombing their country?

What are they going to do other than unleash Hezbollah and Hamas. Their navy will last about 2 hours.

Hamas is a Sunni Palestinian political party and paramilitary group, and Hezbollah is a Shi'a Lebanese political party and paramilitary group.

Neither have anything to do with Iran.

Well to be fair Hamas recieves large sums of cash and weapons/training/support from Iran, and Hezbollah is Irans step child. The organization was created by Iran when Israel invaded Lebanon.

So the Iranians would lay down and accept us bombing their country?

What are they going to do other than unleash Hezbollah and Hamas. Their navy will last about 2 hours.

Hamas is a Sunni Palestinian political party and paramilitary group, and Hezbollah is a Shi'a Lebanese political party and paramilitary group.

I totally disagree. They have everything to do with Iran. Do you need current info on that?

Well to be fair Hamas recieves large sums of cash and weapons/training/support from Iran, and Hezbollah is Irans step child. The organization was created by Iran when Israel invaded Lebanon.

That's true.

But they hate each other, and Iran has no control over either.

Sure, but that's not an attack on "business owners", it's an attack on Romney.

...and it just so happens to fit in the with the theme of his "you didn't build that" speech and his desire to raise taxes on the rich claiming that they should pay their "fair share" despite the top 1% already paying for accounting for the overwhelming majority government revenue already. The democrats are the party of more regulation which effectively is government controlling how the business is conducted in certain respects.

But, i guess i'm not going to convince you. There's plenty of evidence out there that Obama and his collegues are anti-big business, perhaps you just don't want to believe it, which is your opinion.

That's true.

Iran supports them in their agenda against Israel. That's undeniable.

...and it just so happens to fit in the with the theme of his "you didn't build that" speech and his desire to raise taxes on the rich claiming that they should pay their "fair share" despite the top 1% already paying for accounting for the overwhelming majority government revenue already. The democrats are the party of more regulation which effectively is government controlling how the business is conducted in certain respects.

But, i guess i'm not going to convince you. There's plenty of evidence out there that Obama and his collegues are anti-big business, perhaps you just don't want to believe it, which is your opinion.

I think you're confusing rhetoric with reality.

The reality of the situation is that big business are the ones that write the "regulations". "Regulations" are pro-big business. Regulations are almost always aimed to stop small businesses from competing with big business.

Obama isn't anti-big business, he's bought and paid for by big business.

That's true.

If Hamas and Hezbollah want to continue getting their generous aid packages from Iran they better listen, I know Hezbollah would unload on Israel if Iran gave the word, not sure about Hamas. There are Iranians living in Lebanon working with Hezbollah, during the Israel/Hezbollah war Israelis killed and captured bodies of the Iranian Revolutionary Guardsmen.

That is kind of disingenuous...

It's like saying that a cruise ship is based on my little rowboat...

But it is. Obama gave credit, Romney took credit.

Romneycare and what was passed by 0bama are not the same thing...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...
But giving and accepting credit is all it takes to make one thing the same as the other. Didn't you know that? No need for actual comparing and contrasting.

:lol:

Selective big business perhaps? If he was really pro big business, you'd think that more big businesses would throw their money behind him in his re-election effort. So far, Romney is out raising him with, reportedly, not even really having to work for it.

Selective big business perhaps? If he was really pro big business, you'd think that more big businesses would throw their money behind him in his re-election effort. So far, Romney is out raising him with, reportedly, not even really having to work for it.

2012 Presidential Race | OpenSecrets

Obama has raised nearly twice as much money as Romney has.

Not sure where i got that other stuff from then. Maybe it was within a certain demographic or something. Thanks.

Last edited:

I think you're confusing rhetoric with reality.

The reality of the situation is that big business are the ones that write the "regulations". "Regulations" are pro-big business. Regulations are almost always aimed to stop small businesses from competing with big business.

I absolutely agree that Obama is bought and paid for by big business and government is hand in hand with big business. I think that's why he is doing his damndest to make small business noncompetitive with big business and force everybody under government control.

But this thread isn't about Obama. It is about Romney.

And Romney is proposing measures that will strengthen small business and take more of it out of government control to make it much more competitive against big business. If you like big government and lots of federal control, then you'll hate Romney. But that's one of the main reasons I'll be voting for him.

"Romney will stop Iran the way they should be stopped. Bomb their bomb factories."

Take a close look at the wording! This is the way it should be done. No matter that many other paths might work, this is the proper one.

'Reasoning' such as this almost impossible to engage intellectually. For anyone else, consider how US-Iranian relations have gotten to where they are.
OK, American hostages were held a very long time during a somewhat chaotic revolution. They were not executed, 'water boarded', raped or starved and they were returned. That did not happen out of the blue. Western powers, the US included, intervened in Iranian politics to install a government friendly to them in the early fifties. The totalitarian regime of the Shah was notoriously repressive. Iranians did not forget that, as we might expect of any people.
There is much to repair in our relations, but they are reparable peacefully, and remember PEACE IS CHEAPER THAN WAR!

Not sure where i got that other stuff from then. Maybe it was within a certain demographic or something. Thanks.

In the last 2 months, Romney has raised more money. Not overall.

"Romney will stop Iran the way they should be stopped. Bomb their bomb factories."

Take a close look at the wording! This is the way it should be done. No matter that many other paths might work, this is the proper one.

'Reasoning' such as this almost impossible to engage intellectually. For anyone else, consider how US-Iranian relations have gotten to where they are.
OK, American hostages were held a very long time during a somewhat chaotic revolution. They were not executed, 'water boarded', raped or starved and they were returned. That did not happen out of the blue. Western powers, the US included, intervened in Iranian politics to install a government friendly to them in the early fifties. The totalitarian regime of the Shah was notoriously repressive. Iranians did not forget that, as we might expect of any people.
There is much to repair in our relations, but they are reparable peacefully, and remember PEACE IS CHEAPER THAN WAR!

Tell us what will work to stop Iran.

The business acumen he has does more harm than good. How, specifically, will he undo the damage that's already been done.
Understanding the American energy business has been the Hallmark failure of the current administration that has resulted in small business owners afraid to hire as they face one threat after another by an administration that wishes to tax successful businesses and bolster green businesses as they go out of business anyway, with no tried-and-true profit-making ability in sight.

In disciplining BP Petroleum, Obama also nixed new drilling by American oil riggers, which resulted in some horrible consequences:

It created an immediate vacuum of oil prospects for America in the Gulf of Mexico, one of the richest oil reserves on earth
It threw tens of thousands of high-paying jobs workers into unemployment lines, exacerbating an already-unfortunate employment situation.
Gas prices went up with overseas sources, now in demand to deliver America's daily quota for oil every day.
People quit traveling when gas prices doubled and even tripled.
No travel collaterally hit restaurants in all tourist areas and most national parks, far removed from population centers.

All tourist areas are now depressed; as many as half of all tourist service industries have gone out of business; worse yet, American children will not see the national parks like others did in years past when gas was cheap and people could go places on their vacations that would broaden the horizons for their children, not to mention light up some imaginations.

Mitt's energy plan is fully detailed here, and:

As president, Mitt Romney will make every effort to safeguard the environment, but he will be mindful at every step of also protecting the jobs of American workers. This will require putting conservative principles into action.
According to Investor's Business Daily, where American drillers would be now have now fallen into the hands of Cuba, China, and Russia: details

Drilling will be done off America's coast soon enough. But thanks to a treaty signed by President Carter, the new oil and gas resources that will be discovered in the region will be discovered by Russia and Cuba to their economic benefit.
Normally, economic zones extend 200 miles off a country's coastline. In some cases, conflicts can arise based on resources and geography. In 1977, Carter signed a treaty with Cuba that essentially split the difference and created for the communist country an "exclusive economic zone" extending from the western tip of Cuba north virtually to Key West. Cuba has divided its side of the Florida Straits into 59 parcels and put them up for lease.
Foreign countries, including China and India, had acquired the rights to develop 16 of them.
"This is the irony of ironies," complained Charles Drevna, executive vice president of the National Petrochemical & Refiners Association. "We have chosen to lock up our resources and stand by to be spectators while these two come in and benefit from things right in our own backyard."

The Iranians are an intelligent, sophisticated people. Their culture is thousands of years old. Thinking of 'stopping' them is already an error and absolutely not the question.
What we don't want is nuclear proliferation (by 'we', I mean you and me, but I think the government, too).
We need to progress into the future together in understanding. The more contact we have, the better for both of us. Isolating and demonizing them is not the way. You don't like their 'leaders'? Neither do I. Neither do the Iranian people in a large number of cases. I don't like 'our' 'leaders' very much and certainly don't regard that the interests or sentiments of Americans is expressed in government policies.

Last edited:
The Iranians are an intelligent, sophisticated people. Their culture is thousands of years old. Thinking of 'stopping' them is already an error and absolutely not the question.
What we don't want is nuclear proliferation (by 'we', I mean you and me, but I think the government, too).
We need to progress into the future together in understanding. The more contact we have, the better for both of us. Isolating and demonizing them is not the way. You don't like their 'leaders'? Neither do I. Neither do the Iranian people in a large number of cases. I don't like 'our' 'leaders' very much and certainly don't regard that the interests or sentiments of Americans is expressed in government policies.

I see your point now. We have to learn to live with a nuclear Iran. That's not going to happen. What's going to happen is Iran is going to have to learn to live without nukes.

Last edited:
On that last point, Becki, Obama did America a HUGE disservice in the wake of the BP mishap. By denying our own oil producers ability to lose all those offshore rigs, we lost those rigs, maybe forever, to other countries. It will require billions to build new ones to start up our own production. So instead of our own well regulated and monitored oil companies having those rigs producing our own oil, Obama allowed them to go to other countries who are drilling in the same waters but without having any U.S. interests in mind and without us having any control whatsoever over the safety or other risks involved.

Romney, by contrast, will do whatever is possible to do to get those rigs back and will also favor our own oil producers instead of those of other countries.

Forum List

Back