Romney

Judging from how long it took Romney to assess the disaster of the London Olympics, he could bring a LOT to identifying and fixing the obamadisasters. Just ending obamacare is a huge good start. Restoring American support to our only ally in the middle east would be a huge benefit. As far as that goes, getting the muslim brotherhood out of the white house is a benefit all by itself.

Romney created the system that Obamacare is based on.

And he put it in place in one state. One state where it could be seen how well it worked, and what would need to be fixed.

Obama took a plan which was already starting to show some weaknesses and applied it to a gigantic nation.

There were two things Obama could have done which could have kept his promises to improve the healthcare in America and to not be so divisive, either of which would have allowed him to preserve his political capital for the other things he needed to work on and would not have had the suppressive effect that the year of paralysis of 2009 had on the economy.

First, he could have advanced a program which would encourage the 50 states to be 50 experiments in what works best.

Second, he could have done it in a piecemeal way focusing on the common ground. And if Republicans were dragging their heels on small easily explainable parts of it, he could have used his sway with the American people to get them to call their representatives to get it passed.

Unfortunately he didn't go that way. Instead he pushed a massive comprehensive anxiety-inducing regulatory behemoth which the nation was so opposed to that even Massachusetts elected a Republican to try to stop it.

It is disingenuous to suggest that Romney would have done that. Romney wouldn't have tried to force the nation to follow Massachusetts' model. Two things would have stopped him: his ability to recognize that the Massachusetts plan still had a lot of kinks to work out and his appreciation for the will of the people when they made their voices known from their various states.

I give this post five gold stars, two Hail Mary's and an Our Father. Also, a warm fuzzy.

If we bombed Iran, how would that stop them from building nukes? wouldn't that actually accelerate the process?

You can't make bombs when your bomb factories are destroyed.

Where are all these bomb factories located? do we know? Iran is a huge country.

I doubt that there's one factory of any significant kind in all of Iran that we couldn't pinpoint on a moment's notice.

And by "we" I do mean U.S. military and our intelligence agents.

Having not made up my mind yet on Mitt Romney, in my humble opinion I see Mitt Romney more as a moderate than I do as a conservative and in these days while some think that is a bad thing I myself do not. While he seemed to govern more as a Moderate his current stances on things lean more conservative, but I tend to see those as more to shore up the base of the party rather than an indication of how he will govern the nation.

Considering the political climate right now, having a moderate like Romney who can bring people together vs. drive them apart would definitely be a good thing.

On a personal level, he seems like a genuine family man that loves his nation and yes as some would call him a bit boring , perhaps thats not such a bad thing.

Of course it's not; it s a good thing. Anything a campaign can come up with to put down the other candidate, they're going to use it. But boring? Can there be a worse attack? Mike Tyson is anything but boring: does that make him a good candidate. Nope. Being boring usually means being stable and predictable: something that I think a lot of people who appreciate in the highest office.

His downside appears to be his detachment from the average American in terms of their financial well being , as it would be hard for any person with his amount of wealth to understand that.

Meh. The left would have the nation believe that anyone who is rich was born rich or used and took advantage of people on their way to the top. That may be true in some circumstances, it's not in most. Many successful business people are so because they grew up having little or nothing. It helped them learn the importance of family and hard work. Add some intelligence there and those values lead to a successful business career.

I've never got the impression from Romney that he hates the common man or shows disdain for them.

so I await Oct. to see how these men do when the actually debate one another to talk about the real issues facing this nation. It would be nice to see one of them come out of this debate focused on this nation, it's people and being to give back to this nation a sense of pride in what it means to be an American.

Yep.

I don't believe Mitt Romney hates the common man or for that matter the poor, middle class, you name it. In fact I see it as a downside more so because it is a lack of understanding than one of disdain or hatred. In fact he comes across to me as a genuine man who cares for his nation very much. I fail to understand the need to make villians out of anyone that seeks office, like some do these days simply because we might not agree with them on a political basis.

I looked at his record as Gov. of Mass. and he appears to be more moderate than conservative contrary to how he is shown in the media. I am in agreement that someone who is more moderate and does not have as much controversy surrounding them might just be able to understand that ideas to run this nation can be both left and right and in there we can find dare I say it, middle ground to move this nation in a positive direction.

As I indicated though, my biggest issue with Mitt Romney is his foreign policy people that seem to be moving him towards one that was more like the former President which I was not in agreement with. His support of Rep. Ryans plan even after it was told by the CBO that it would blow a hole through the deficit is a little bit concerning as well.

As for the man himself though, he comes across to me as a genuine and sincere man who means well and has nothing but the best intent for this nation.

You can't make bombs when your bomb factories are destroyed.

Where are all these bomb factories located? do we know? Iran is a huge country.

I doubt that there's one factory of any significant kind in all of Iran that we couldn't pinpoint on a moment's notice.

And by "we" I do mean U.S. military and our intelligence agents.

I agree however if we bomb Iran we have to stick with it, not bomb it a few times and than stop after we see pics of dead Iranian toddlers when they start putting daycare centers at the missile sites.

I'd love to see a quote from the "MSM" that calls big business owners "cruel and evil".

I'm not going to spend a few days looking through terabytes of data for you. Regardless of whether or not direct quotes exist, no one can deny that there's been plenty of sentiment out there. Is Obama not out there right now running negative ads suggesting Romney isn't fit to run the country by implying that he's a business man who enjoys stepping on the little guy and hiding money from the government? C'mon.

But i'll take the lack of response to the previous point about business owners being better equipped for political office as a win. :)

I'd love to see a quote from the "MSM" that calls big business owners "cruel and evil".

I'm not going to spend a few days looking through terabytes of data for you. Regardless of whether or not direct quotes exist, no one can deny that there's been plenty of sentiment out there. Is Obama not out there right now running negative ads suggesting Romney isn't fit to run the country by implying that he's a business man who enjoys stepping on the little guy and hiding money from the government? C'mon.
Sure, but that's not an attack on "business owners", it's an attack on Romney.

But i'll take the lack of response to the previous point about business owners being better equipped for political office as a win. :)

If it makes you feel better to claim a "win" on the internets, feel free.

Forum List

Back