Romney

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Aside from "He's not Obama." What do you seriously believe that he will bring to the Office of the President that will help America.

Specifics would be greatly appreciated. :)

Aside from "He's not Obama." What do you seriously believe that he will bring to the Office of the President that will help America.

A business acumen. Executive experience. Moderate political beliefs. Interest in boosting the private sector.

Nothing. Picking between the only 2 candidates given to us, is like picking between arsenic, and cyanide. Neither has the best interests of the American people at heart, and both are out of touch with what they're going through.
The biggest problem we face is the economy, and the rigged monetary system, AKA the Fed.
No one but Paul has mentioned this.

• Banned

Nothing. Picking between the only 2 candidates given to us, is like picking between arsenic, and cyanide. Neither has the best interests of the American people at heart, and both are out of touch with what they're going through.
The biggest problem we face is the economy, and the rigged monetary system, AKA the Fed.
No one but Paul has mentioned this.

Please start this thread, here in the Clean Zone. I was just discussing it with someone else, about how this REALLY shouldn't be D v R, or us v them. It should be We, the People v the system as it stands.

Not sure what you mean by 'has done more harm than good' BDB.

I look at Romney's resume and see that he has mostly accomplished what he sets out to do. And he has left whatever forum/entity/platform in better shape than he found it. Has he made mistakes. Almost certainly. Does he get it wrong sometimes. Sure. He's as human as anybody else. But none of that takes away from his successes and accomplishments which are considerable and impressive.

Further he has managed to successfully manage and govern and make hard decisions to meet a specific goal apparently without making any serious enemies along the way. That says a lot about his negotiating skills. And there are very few areas of his life that are not a completely open book or that he is evasive about in any way.

So, if he brings a solid pro business sense, a love of America, an instinct to help instead of hurt, and doesn't try to pick winners and losers and/or make government the end all for every problem, he won't fix everything that ails us, but he will give us a leg up on turning us loose to fix a lot of what ails us.

I believe Romney will not intentionally do any harm.

Last edited:
The business acumen he has does more harm than good.

That statement is an opinion...

Can you provide examples of your "more harm than good"?

Yes, thank you. But it will take time, because I intend to do this right i.e., providing citations for what I allege.

:)

Don't forget you said MORE harm than good!

To be honest, it's going to difficult to prove "business acumen" doing either...

But I submit that if you are going to use Bain as a "for example", I would submit that the company has helped more companies than harmed companies...

And yes, that's an opinion too, but I'm not going to do a list...:)

I would imagine if they harmed more companies they would be out of business...

Running a business.

While it may not have, what seems like, a lot to do with running a government....it DOES mean that he knows that Red ink is bad and Black ink is good.

Through the past few years, if we learned anything, it's apparent that Obama has ZERO clue.
tried telling people this when he was running, but NNnnnooooooo........

O-Bah-Mah
O-Bah-Mah
O-Bah-Mah

:clap2:

And I hope we don't all think that debate via linksand cut and paste to the extreme is honest debate. Yes, if somebody makes an allegation it is appropriate to ask them for their rationale. And if their rationale includes facts that we think can't be backed up, then sure, ask for a link.

But I would rather have people articulating their opinions and convictions.

My opinions about Romney are formed from many many different sources, and I doubt any of you would want to look at ALL the links I could probvide to back up my convictions and no one source would likely cover it all.

And I hope we don't all think that debate via links is honest debate. Yes, if somebody makes an allegation it is appropriate to ask them for their rationale. And if their rationale includes facts that we think can't be backed up, then sure, ask for a link.

But I would rather have people articulating their opinions and convictions.

My opinions about Romney are formed from many many different sources, and I doubt any of you would want to look at ALL the links I could probvide to back up my convictions and no one source would likely cover it all.

I'm voting for Romney. Nothing could be worse than what we have right now. 8.2% unemployment for 42 months. 1.5% GDP.. divisiveness, I can't imagine anyone thinking obama has done a good job. did I mention we have suffered the most massive tax increase in US history? Why would you want more of that? Vote Republican.

I've always thought the idea that "business acumen" was a qualification for President as being a little ridiculous.

Government and Business have different purposes. Knowing how to run one has no correlation to the other.

Not sure what you mean by 'has done more harm than good' BDB.

I look at Romney's resume and see that he has mostly accomplished what he sets out to do. And he has left whatever forum/entity/platform in better shape than he found it. Has he made mistakes. Almost certainly. Does he get it wrong sometimes. Sure. He's as human as anybody else. But none of that takes away from his successes and accomplishments which are considerable and impressive.
I agree.

Further he has managed to successfully manage and govern and make hard decisions to meet a specific goal apparently without making any serious enemies along the way. That says a lot about his negotiating skills. And there are very few areas of his life that are not a completely open book or that he is evasive about in any way.
Aside from his tax records, and where he keeps his money.
So, if he brings a solid pro business sense, a love of America, an instinct to help instead of hurt, and doesn't try to pick winners and losers and/or make government the end all for every problem, he won't fix everything that ails us, but he will give us a leg up on turning us loose to fix a lot of what ails us.

I believe Romney will not intentionally do any harm.
I don't think Romney will intentionally do any harm. That's as ridiculous as the people who claim that Obama is intentionally destroying America because he "hates" it.

Obama and Romney are just people with ideas. Both of them think that they know how to solve the problems we're facing. Both of them "love" America, and are trying to do what they think is best.

I personally don't agree with either of them.

I've always thought the idea that "business acumen" was a qualification for President as being a little ridiculous.

Government and Business have different purposes. Knowing how to run one has no correlation to the other.

well, obama can't run either so he has two strikes going "forward."

Your vote goes to whomever will allow Muslims exile, unemployment, a welfare check and Food Stamps.

Why beat around the bush with policy?

What Romney would bring to the the office of president is:
more cronyism
more spending on the unnecessary
more international catastrophes
more for the rich
more of the same
more or less the same as Obama

Forum List

Back