Romney will fight medical marijuana tooth and nail

As cash strapped at Los Angeles is, one would think that if marijuana sales generated a ton of cash, the City would have kept them open. If legal pot sales reduced crime or the level of cartel activity, the pot shops would still be open.

Instead the City bowed to public pressure and closed the shops.

the original ones and the ones who followed State law will probably get to stay.....

No. They already tried that last year when they closed over 400 pot shops. According to state law, pot is still legal, it can still be purchased, users will just have to go to another city.

they said that the original ones that were there in 2007 will probably be allowed to stay after the ones who caused all the fuss are shut down and everything is sorted out....this is from the LA Times....

The plan by Koretz and Council President Herb Wesson, with strong backing from organized labor, could eventually allow 182 dispensaries that existed prior to 2007—when the Council placed a moratorium on new dispensaries—to operate under tightened regulations and would close all other dispensaries.

Seriously? Medical Marijuana is a growing business in California. It's huge.

This sorta fails the "conservative" sniff test on many levels.
-It violates a person's liberty.
-It crushes a business sector.
-It grows government.
-It adds to government spending.
-It reduces government revenue.

Romney will fight medical marijuana tooth and nail - YouTube

Yeah baby.

Well when the system is abused by potheads who aren't sick, there is going to be blowback against "medical marijuana".

Thank the idiot pot heads for ruining it for the people like cancer patients that need it.

Thank the idiot pot heads for ruining it for the people like cancer patients that need it.

i agree on this point....but its the fault of the "doctors" who are allowing people with a hang nail to get it.....my wife is an Epileptic and her Neurologist backs her 100% to get it because the side effects of the drugs she has to take have some pretty shitty side effects while pot does the trick without the effects,and this is no shit...it works better than Dilantin and Tegratol which are two of the nastiest "legal" Drugs out there,which she no longer takes. ........but he said he cannot prescribe it.....he is not one of those Doctors....

So legal shops that sell bud actually increased crime in Los Angeles?

Low level crime, yes and hit and run accidents which don't make the crime statistics. Things like the woman, high on pot, that put the baby on the roof of the car then drove off.

Los Angeles was going to be a lesson to the country. It was going to prove that marijuana is a net benefit. It was going to generate taxes and reduce crime. The cartels in the city were going to be put out of business. Except it didn't work that way. Legal pot shops were also distributing everything from heroin to meth. They were also selling guns and other weapons. That's when the first 400 were closed.

Potheads have been telling me for years that when you smoke pot you dont have accidents like people that drink, I guess that was all bullshit.

if i was unable to drive and SOMEONE had to drive... and there were 2 people to drive.....one was drunk the other high....i would hope that the guy doing the Pot is behind the wheel.....

Low level crime, yes and hit and run accidents which don't make the crime statistics. Things like the woman, high on pot, that put the baby on the roof of the car then drove off.

Los Angeles was going to be a lesson to the country. It was going to prove that marijuana is a net benefit. It was going to generate taxes and reduce crime. The cartels in the city were going to be put out of business. Except it didn't work that way. Legal pot shops were also distributing everything from heroin to meth. They were also selling guns and other weapons. That's when the first 400 were closed.

Potheads have been telling me for years that when you smoke pot you dont have accidents like people that drink, I guess that was all bullshit.

Why do you think there is no such thing as drunk driving any more. It's driving under the influence, which could be anything. There is no separation of drunk driving or drugged driving. When someone is arrested for DUI, you really don't know whether it's pot or alcohol.
bullshit.....a breathalyzer will tell the cop if you have been drinking or not....you dont get out much do you?....

Why do you think there is no such thing as drunk driving any more. It's driving under the influence, which could be anything. There is no separation of drunk driving or drugged driving. When someone is arrested for DUI, you really don't know whether it's pot or alcohol.

Thats true but the dedicated stoners swear up and down you won't get into accidents if you smoke pot and than drive, these guys have been saying this for years.

i bet it dont happen anywhere near being drunk and driving....

Thats true but the dedicated stoners swear up and down you won't get into accidents if you smoke pot and than drive, these guys have been saying this for years.

They also say that pot, by definition, can't make someone violent.

you have 2 parties in two separate houses....put all the beer drinkers in one house.....put the pot smokers in the other.....watch which one gets the loudest and out of control first and which one the cops break up first......

After having lived around medical marijuana users for quite a few years now, I have just found another reason to vote Romney.

I thought you wanted drugs legal? doing this is going in the other direction.

I know what volumes of drugs do. The users die, most of the time quite young. That's a reason to legalize drugs. If someone wants to slow down that kind of death toll, it's a reason to vote for him.

what kind of drugs are you talking about?....

Seriously? Medical Marijuana is a growing business in California. It's huge.

This sorta fails the "conservative" sniff test on many levels.
-It violates a person's liberty.
-It crushes a business sector.
-It grows government.
-It adds to government spending.
-It reduces government revenue.

Romney will fight medical marijuana tooth and nail - YouTube

Yeah baby.

and thus why its a joke to think Mittens is for smaller government.

You been had morons.

Romney's Nanny State

Conservatives were never serious about that.

They want to be able to tell you what you can say, do, think, ingest, stand and just about everything else.

What they don't want..is a state that takes care of people in trouble.

Or businesses up and running..that they don't like.

And neither do the Democrats because last I checked neither the ones in Congress nor President Obama have done shit to legalize medical marijuana. The DEA is still cracking down on it with the same force they have in the past.

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, both medical and recreational, but don't sit there smacking Romney around about his opposition to it when you're going to waltz into the voting booth and pull the lever for Obama who has the same record of opposition and will continue to sit back and do nothing to move forward with legalization. It makes you a partisan hypocrite.

Geez, with all the issues facing Americans today the hypocrites on the left want to tax poor Americans who use a legal product, cigarettes, to the point that they are really hurting and yet they tell us that the republican candidate might...gasp...be against the "liberty and freedom?" of degenerates to hook our school kids on a brand new "lega"l drug that is probably worse for them medically and psychologically than tobacco. Marijuana isn't a medicine. It cures nothing. It's a crutch for psychological misfits. If the left wing is so determined to enforce more restrictions on guns it might be a good idea to put medical marijuana on the list of drugs that prevent gun ownership.

Geez, with all the issues facing Americans today the hypocrites on the left want to tax poor Americans who use a legal product, cigarettes, to the point that they are really hurting and yet they tell us that the republican candidate might...gasp...be against the "liberty and freedom?" of degenerates to hook our school kids on a brand new "lega"l drug that is probably worse for them medically and psychologically than tobacco. Marijuana isn't a medicine. It cures nothing. It's a crutch for psychological misfits. If the left wing is so determined to enforce more restrictions on guns it might be a good idea to put medical marijuana on the list of drugs that prevent gun ownership.

Marijuana isn't a medicine. It cures nothing.
no one said it cures anything.....it helps people with certain conditions.....big difference....

I wouldn't worry. After 18 years of legalized marijuana, Los Angeles is throwing in the towel. They can't prohibit it, that's state action. We're just throwing the retailers out.

Helping people suffering from cancer is not something Republicans are really in to. In fact, if you follow the GOP presidential debates, I believe their Health Care Plan is "Let him die".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0]Crowd Yells Let Him Die - YouTube[/ame]

While I am for the legalization of all drugs the issue is at best a minor one at this time.

Really?

Legalizing Marijuana would save a ton of money, increase revenue to the government and provide thousands..perhaps..millions of jobs.

It's not so trivial.

WOW where do you come up with this stuff. millions of jobs.....sure it will. yeah I want burnouts all over the country....great idea. Maybe we can have a schoolbus driver toke up before work.

While I am for the legalization of all drugs the issue is at best a minor one at this time.

Really?

Legalizing Marijuana would save a ton of money, increase revenue to the government and provide thousands..perhaps..millions of jobs.

It's not so trivial.

I think you're right (and i'm very conservative!).....I know several people that use medical marijuana and it helps them tremendously. I'm sure it doesn't affect everyone the same way....but all i know is it helps them. It helps people in chronic pain live a close to normal life. I smoke it off and on too....if you live a stressful life it can help just relax you when you need it most. Yes some people abuse it....but that can be happen with anything if someone likes something too much.

Really?

It's not so trivial.

WOW where do you come up with this stuff. millions of jobs.....sure it will. yeah I want burnouts all over the country....great idea. Maybe we can have a schoolbus driver toke up before work.

I don't know about his millions of jobs claims, but it would free up police resources and help resolve prison overcrowding. There is no reason why the police need to be wasting their time dick around arresting people using a drug far less harmful than alcohol and why we need to spend millions of dollars a year incarcerating people for it.

Romney's Nanny State

Conservatives were never serious about that.

They want to be able to tell you what you can say, do, think, ingest, stand and just about everything else.

What they don't want..is a state that takes care of people in trouble.

Or businesses up and running..that they don't like.
Liar.

they have no problem with a state doing what it is Constitutionally allowed to do.

Conservatives are smart enough to know that the Federal government does not have the right or authority to take care of people, sick, in trouble or otherwise.

For people like you, if your dying of cancer.....the world will be a better place when you go.

alcohol is the number one killer in the USA.
Free the weed, God does not make mistakes, it was put here for our use.

Forum List

Back