Romney last night: "The stimulus could have been better directed"

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Really?

Not "it shouldn't have even existed"?

So basically he supports the trillion dollar waste.

Why does this guy keep getting recycled each election?

This is the exact reason why the republican party is really just democrat lite.

it worked and would have worked better with MORE stimulus as apposed to all the tax cuts the right insisted on

I got a kick out of Gingrich touting his Daddy's military credentials and Ron Paul's "I was married and had kids when I was drafted and I went" line.

That shit was great.

now here comes the cavalcade of blind fools to deny the cold hard facts

The stimulus should have been a check made out to the tax paying individuals of this country. That money would have eliminated public debt and would have stengthened our economy in all sorts of ways. Entrepenuership would have exploded, as these people would have had the money to start up their own business. Investment would have increased. Homes would have been payed off deflating the bubble. Each tax paying person in this country getting a check for 100k instead of bailing out banks and businesses, would have benefitted us much better than what actually happened.

yeah, the fact that Romney is the current leader says a lot about the Republican party in it's recent reincarnation.

now here comes the cavalcade of blind fools to deny the cold hard facts

I'd respect your opinion more if it was YOURS and not just yet another reiteration of anything you read from your favorite liberal columnist.

yeah, the fact that Romney is the current leader says a lot about the Republican party in it's recent reincarnation.

Bush - McCain - Romney - Obama (all the same)

pretty much. at least IMHO.

1952. a year that contained the last day that our national debt decreased.

we're way too concerned with party and need to be more concerned with the family finances.

I have had this same opinion.
Anyone who filed a return the prior year
if given the money directly would have had a far greater impact
then the money wasted on the stimulus.

Talk about getting the biggest bang for the buck.
Money would have been used to pay down personal debt
Thereby having more money to spend going right into the economy.
Money to invest.Money to buy stuff.

Trillions handed over to states to give to public union workers
as payback for voting Democrat.Rush said it the best it was a money
laundering scheme of epic proportions. :D

Really?

Corrupt corporate liberals have no problem spending money. They just have problems with money going anywhere except to the corporate interests that put them into office.

as payback for voting Democrat.Rush said it the best it was a money
laundering scheme of epic proportions. :D

my point was that the republican party of that past (when i was a kid) would never have dreamed of giving money away. that was always a democratic party position. thus, this is why i think the two parties are so similar. it's just the stuff that they want to spend on (or entities that they want to give to) that makes them different.

as payback for voting Democrat.Rush said it the best it was a money laundering scheme of epic proportions. :D

OHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

RUSH said it. THAT makes all the difference. It's gotta be the gospel truth then. :cuckoo:

Really?

maybe if it had been "redirected" properly it would not have been such a waste. all it ever really was under obummer was political payback to his supporters at the expense of the 50% of us who pay Federal Income Tax.

Really?

maybe if it had been "redirected" properly it would not have been such a waste. all it ever really was under obummer was political payback to his supporters at the expense of the 50% of us who pay Federal Income Tax.

Oh ok, all the sudden Keynesian spending is fine now as long as it's targeted better?

Give me a break. You're either a fiscal conservative or you aren't.

Really?

Oh ok, all the sudden Keynesian spending is fine now as long as it's targeted better?

Give me a break. You're either a fiscal conservative or you aren't.

One should never be rigidily one thing or another. I don't pretend to know economics. But I do know that his pissing away a trillion dollars got us zero in return.. Why do FEDeral Income Taxpayers have to pay people now $7,5000 dollars to buy that stupid Chey Volt? And Solyndra? can you answer to that? And where is ALL that tax money we collect from gasoline that is supposed to be used for our federal highways? Where is it? Oh and now we're soon going to have a 16 Trillion dollar debt cieling.

Don't vote for obummer.

The stimulus should have been a check made out to the tax paying individuals of this country.
Instead....."conservative"-politicians had a much-better idea......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back