Romney last night: "The stimulus could have been better directed"

Really?

Not "it shouldn't have even existed"?

So basically he supports the trillion dollar waste.

Why does this guy keep getting recycled each election?

This is the exact reason why the republican party is really just democrat lite.

maybe if it had been "redirected" properly it would not have been such a waste. all it ever really was under obummer was political payback to his supporters at the expense of the 50% of us who pay Federal Income Tax.

Romneys top support is the corrupt banking cartel. Same as Obama. Only a simple minded person would believe that he would have done anything different.

maybe if it had been "redirected" properly it would not have been such a waste. all it ever really was under obummer was political payback to his supporters at the expense of the 50% of us who pay Federal Income Tax.

Oh ok, all the sudden Keynesian spending is fine now as long as it's targeted better?

Give me a break. You're either a fiscal conservative or you aren't.

One should never be rigidily one thing or another. I don't pretend to know economics. But I do know that his pissing away a trillion dollars got us zero in return.. Why do FEDeral Income Taxpayers have to pay people now $7,5000 dollars to buy that stupid Chey Volt? And Solyndra? can you answer to that? And where is ALL that tax money we collect from gasoline that is supposed to be used for our federal highways? Where is it? Oh and now we're soon going to have a 16 Trillion dollar debt cieling.

Don't vote for obummer.

I'm rigidly anti-stimulus and anti-keynesian spending in general because today's debt and economic stagnation problems are a result of the can having been kicked down the road now for the last 50 years.

Each boom is the result of the keynesian response to a bust, and that cycle has been on wash, rinse, repeat now for decades.

Really?

I agree. We should have just given the wealthy more tax breaks. We know how well THAT has worked in the past. :cuckoo:

I agree. We should have just given the wealthy more tax breaks. We know how well THAT has worked in the past. :cuckoo:

JFK Cut taxes- We had an economic boom.
Reagan cut taxes- We had an economic boom.
Bush cut taxes- We had an economic boom.

And Obama has yet to revoke the tax cuts Bush gave.

Now, personally, I think this is all sort of meaningless, because the real problem isn't spending as so much as it is trade.

We are bleeding 500 BILLION a year in trade deficits with the rest of the world. That's five trillion going out of the economy every decade, and it's been going on for a couple of decades now.

It isn't that Americans aren't busting their asses, it's that they aren't enjoying the benefits of it. The rest of the world is, the government is, and the people who would rather sit home and watch Jerry Springer are.

JFK Cut taxes- We had an economic boom.
Reagan cut taxes- We had an economic boom.
Bush cut taxes- We had an economic boom.

And Obama has yet to revoke the tax cuts Bush gave.

Now, personally, I think this is all sort of meaningless, because the real problem isn't spending as so much as it is trade.

We are bleeding 500 BILLION a year in trade deficits with the rest of the world. That's five trillion going out of the economy every decade, and it's been going on for a couple of decades now.

It isn't that Americans aren't busting their asses, it's that they aren't enjoying the benefits of it. The rest of the world is, the government is, and the people who would rather sit home and watch Jerry Springer are.

That 5 trillion just gets added back in via federal reserve money creation and monetary inflation. So while it may make up for the deficit in some ways, it only ends up ultimately hurting the economy as the purchasing power of the dollar continues to decrease.

I got a kick out of Gingrich touting his Daddy's military credentials and Ron Paul's "I was married and had kids when I was drafted and I went" line.

That shit was great.

Yeah! Like we were just going to miss the "drafted" part and believe he was a volunteer. As a flight surgeon no less. Way to go!

Dismantling Obamacare has to be our number one priority this election cycle.

I'm not particularly enthralled with the Republican field, or anyone currently waiting in the wings.

But if we allow Obamacare to be enacted, we'll be stuck with it forever.

Keep in mind, this is a marathon, not a sprint...it will take time to rebuild the GOP into a truly conservative party.

Really?

You'll never convince me that it is a bad thing to allow people to keep more of their own money.

The stimulus should have been a check made out to the tax paying individuals of this country.

I agree. The stimulus amounted to $30,000 for every man, woman, and child in the country. I don't know about you all, but I certainly get anywhere near that much out of it. Just imagine how much spending could/would have been done if every tax payer had been given a $15,000 stimulus check. The total spending would have been a third of what it was, people would have had the chance to save their mortgages, buy their cars, put it in savings and pull from it if they got laid off, and all kinds of other things.

I'm not particularly enthralled with the Republican field, or anyone currently waiting in the wings.

Keep in mind, this is a marathon, not a sprint...it will take time to rebuild the GOP into a truly conservative party.

You really think Romney is going to dismantle ObamaCare?

Really?

and yet the un refutable fact is that MORE tax revenue was collected under President Bush administration than under Clinton or Obummer.

I do.

You should put that up as a poll question.

I do.

You can if you want to. I'm already depressed by how many "conservatives" are willing to delude themselves about Romney.

Honestly, I feel like that movie where Roddy Piper is the only one who can see the aliens.

To the point. Romney thinks that there should be universal health care. Everyone should be covered. Now, if given his druthers, Obama would have prefered a Canadian style single payer system (which would actually be more efficient than the 500 middleman system that RomneyCare and ObamaCare actually are.) Romney liked a system that gave huge payoffs to Big Insurance whether we wanted them or not.

The ugly little secret about Obama/RomneyCare - the Insurance companies are all for it. It increases their customer base, and they will probably find new ways to cheat customers out of payments.

The real problem is that health costs are spiralling out of control, and no one has a good plan for solving that problem. All ObamneyCare does is put a bandaid on the sucking chest wound.

Last edited:
Really?

I do.

You can if you want to. I'm already depressed by how many "conservatives" are willing to delude themselves about Romney.

Honestly, I feel like that movie where Roddy Piper is the only one who can see the aliens.

To the point. Romney thinks that there should be universal health care. Everyone should be covered. Now, if given his druthers, Obama would have prefered a Canadian style single payer system (which would actually be more efficient than the 500 middleman system that RomneyCare and ObamaCare actually are.) Romney liked a system that gave huge payoffs to Big Insurance whether we wanted them or not.

The ugly little secret about Obama/RomneyCare - the Insurance companies are all for it. It increases their customer base, and they will probably find new ways to cheat customers out of payments.

The real problem is that health costs are spiralling out of control, and no one has a good plan for solving that problem. All ObamneyCare does is put a bandaid on the sucking chest wound.

I see the aliens too.

To be fair, sort of, Obamacare is federal. Romneycare was a program he presumed was what would be best for his particular state. When looking at it as just a general states rights issue, it's fine. I don't live in Mass so who am I to say what their healthcare program should be?

But this said, I still don't trust Romney.

The "stimulus" was too small to offset the trillions of dollars that were lost, folks.

Naturally the economy is fibrilating.

The perceieved NET WORTH of most Americans has fallen dramatically.

Families, quite wisely, have decreased spending, and are paying off their debts.

Given that many MANY trillions in RE valuation were lost thanks to the meltdown, it would have taken many many trillions in stimulus to kick start the economy.

And of course, putting that stimulus into the hands of the working class might have helped, too.

Little of that half trillion (the actual money allocated to the stumilus) ever got into the hands of the people who'd lost so much of their net worth.

Meanwhile the stimulation of the BANSTER class continues unabated.

What's the number now? Over $20 Trillion or so?

Must be nice to be in that proitected class, eh?

I do.

I see the aliens too.

To be fair, sort of, Obamacare is federal. Romneycare was a program he presumed was what would be best for his particular state. When looking at it as just a general states rights issue, it's fine. I don't live in Mass so who am I to say what their healthcare program should be?

Finally! Some people get it. What Romney did at a state level is not the point. If that's what the will of the people in his state wanted, so be it. What we cannot have is the bullshit of ObamaCare at a federal level. It will not work, it will be a major catastrophe, and the country will be stuck with it forever.

Finally! Some people get it. What Romney did at a state level is not the point. If that's what the will of the people in his state wanted, so be it. What we cannot have is the bullshit of ObamaCare at a federal level. It will not work, it will be a major catastrophe, and the country will be stuck with it forever.

Well, it's kind of hte point, because it shows where his mindset is at.

He sees government as the solution, not the problem.

Inevitably, we are probably going to have to go to a single payer system, anyway, like the rest of the industrialized world has.

I see the aliens too.

But it still shows that he thinks government should be involved in healthcare and should mandate that people carry insurance.

Some like to compare it to auto insurance, but with auto insurance you're only required by the government to cover the other person in the event that you make a mistake and damage their car or injure them. You're not required to cover yourself. You're free to wreck your car and have nothing insuring the repairs.

Forum List

Back