Romans 12:3

dpr112yme

Jul 1, 2016
"For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

God has dealt to EVERY man the measure of faith. There is not 1 who does not have faith. Dealing with those whose faith may be 'less full' than others with proper ways is better than dealing with them the same way as you would deal with 1 who has 'fuller faith'. But God has dealt ALL men their measure of 'faith.' Even the ones who seem as if they have 'no' faith by their 'ways' have faith.

So many people become a bit distraught because of the lack of the fullness of things, such as the fullness of justice and fairness and truth, and the ones who are practicing such things, who have some measure of 'faith' causes me, and maybe others, to become confused as to why and how such people could be so damaging to good relationships and at the same time seeing those things which break apart good relationships, themselves, become 'fuller.' Public relationships with strangers is also a very important and meaningful relationship for me. And to see many injustices occurring to the strangers in public causes me to wonder if the society is truly even worthy to be mentioned to God with good remarks. Prayers for the society to become 'fuller' in 'goodness' caused many past sent missionaries and evangelists to be killed and sent away with a bruised life. How they recover and how long it takes is a personal matter but the society is left the same, a bit better, or worse than when the evangelists were sent.

But, all has a measure of faith. Whether it be small or large, ALL do have a measure of faith.

I saw a youtube video, whether it was real or edited, I'm not sure. But as a person was talking on his smart phone via facebook video conferencing, a man who was in the background, came up to him from behind and shot him in the back of his head. Even such a one as the shooter has a measure of 'faith.' But how do we express ourselves in a way which is not looked down upon by other 'good faithed persons' when we encounter such people ourselves? The majority of the people say, 'it is not good to yell, or to raise your voice, or shout.' But do they not have any mistakes they have that can be pointed out as well?

Noone may enjoy being showed their 'slackings unto perfection' but why is everybody getting involved with everybody else's business now days? What concern do these strangers have when 2 people are engaged in a private matter, to share their ideas of their disapproval to their communication methods? Sure, if a woman is being beaten by a man, then maybe it is a 'good thing' to stop her from being too brutally beaten by a man. And in these kinds of circumstances, maybe getting involved is more appropriate than walking by. Seeing an elderly senior citizen being beaten up and watched and video taped by strangers without any intervention may not really help if the senior ends up getting seriously hurt if not killed by the young person who is beating up the senior.

So if everyone has a measure of faith, and people are not using their measure of faith for good purposes, how are people who ARE using their measure of faith for good purposes supposed to live 'peacefully' among them?

"For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

God has dealt to EVERY man the measure of faith. There is not 1 who does not have faith. Dealing with those whose faith may be 'less full' than others with proper ways is better than dealing with them the same way as you would deal with 1 who has 'fuller faith'. But God has dealt ALL men their measure of 'faith.' Even the ones who seem as if they have 'no' faith by their 'ways' have faith.

So many people become a bit distraught because of the lack of the fullness of things, such as the fullness of justice and fairness and truth, and the ones who are practicing such things, who have some measure of 'faith' causes me, and maybe others, to become confused as to why and how such people could be so damaging to good relationships and at the same time seeing those things which break apart good relationships, themselves, become 'fuller.' Public relationships with strangers is also a very important and meaningful relationship for me. And to see many injustices occurring to the strangers in public causes me to wonder if the society is truly even worthy to be mentioned to God with good remarks. Prayers for the society to become 'fuller' in 'goodness' caused many past sent missionaries and evangelists to be killed and sent away with a bruised life. How they recover and how long it takes is a personal matter but the society is left the same, a bit better, or worse than when the evangelists were sent.

But, all has a measure of faith. Whether it be small or large, ALL do have a measure of faith.

I saw a youtube video, whether it was real or edited, I'm not sure. But as a person was talking on his smart phone via facebook video conferencing, a man who was in the background, came up to him from behind and shot him in the back of his head. Even such a one as the shooter has a measure of 'faith.' But how do we express ourselves in a way which is not looked down upon by other 'good faithed persons' when we encounter such people ourselves? The majority of the people say, 'it is not good to yell, or to raise your voice, or shout.' But do they not have any mistakes they have that can be pointed out as well?

Noone may enjoy being showed their 'slackings unto perfection' but why is everybody getting involved with everybody else's business now days? What concern do these strangers have when 2 people are engaged in a private matter, to share their ideas of their disapproval to their communication methods? Sure, if a woman is being beaten by a man, then maybe it is a 'good thing' to stop her from being too brutally beaten by a man. And in these kinds of circumstances, maybe getting involved is more appropriate than walking by. Seeing an elderly senior citizen being beaten up and watched and video taped by strangers without any intervention may not really help if the senior ends up getting seriously hurt if not killed by the young person who is beating up the senior.

So if everyone has a measure of faith, and people are not using their measure of faith for good purposes, how are people who ARE using their measure of faith for good purposes supposed to live 'peacefully' among them?
everyone does not have a "measure of faith" most religous people do not use religion or their "measure of faith" for good purposes. The fact that you needed to write this long essay in order to ask how can you even live peacefully amongst people who think differently is a testament to that fact

Perhaps compare Romans 12 with Matthew 25 and the Parable of the Talents. Three servants were given money (talents) and the first simply buried the talents he was given. Others multiplied what was given them.

In answer to your question: We are called to enter the Kingdom of God (in this life). If we are living in the kingdom, then we should be living peacefully amidst the chaos around us. We are not called to harangue those who are/have buried their faith. We are to live our own faith, doing whatever small thing it is we can do to serve our neighbor--thereby serving God. Are you involved in feeding the hungry, caring for the sick, visiting the elderly, teaching those who do wish to learn? Through kindness, are you bringing a moment of peace into the chaotic lives you touch?

Jesus is known as the Prince of Peace, and he lived in equally chaotic times. He wanted his followers to have this peace, and we often pray that the peace of Christ be with one another. May peace be with you.

Perhaps compare Romans 12 with Matthew 25 and the Parable of the Talents. Three servants were given money (talents) and the first simply buried the talents he was given. Others multiplied what was given them.

In answer to your question: We are called to enter the Kingdom of God (in this life). If we are living in the kingdom, then we should be living peacefully amidst the chaos around us. We are not called to harangue those who are/have buried their faith. We are to live our own faith, doing whatever small thing it is we can do to serve our neighbor--thereby serving God. Are you involved in feeding the hungry, caring for the sick, visiting the elderly, teaching those who do wish to learn? Through kindness, are you bringing a moment of peace into the chaotic lives you touch?

Jesus is known as the Prince of Peace, and he lived in equally chaotic times. He wanted his followers to have this peace, and we often pray that the peace of Christ be with one another. May peace be with you.

From your christian bible

Matthew 10:34

34 Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.… :eusa_whistle:

34 Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.… :eusa_whistle:

The sword is a reference to Jeremiah 25:15.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

The resulting divisions are just a reference to genesis where God placed lights in the heavens to divide the day from the night.

God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of Heaven to give light to the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.…

Personal peace is very different from peace on the entire planet. As Abraham Lincoln noted in his own time, snowballs are not aimed at the top hats of short men, but at the top hats of tall men. Stand tall, even for peace, and someone is going to take aim. They may take your hat (or your head) but personal peace, when one knows they are doing what is right, remains.

Forum List

Back